Kids are drawn to guns

It's amazing how partisan people are being in this thread. Regardless if you think the test was rigged, educating children about guns and gun safety is a very smart thing to do. Kids know what guns are. They are in movies, cartoons, comics, etc. They are smarter than you think, but they still need to be taught.

People are too busy whining about 2nd amendment rights when the reality is...well... shut up about it...This is about educating kids and not stripping you of your rights you cry babies.

Fucking knee jerks.

Except the study claims education does not work as do several of your buddies in this thread. Perhaps next time you should actually read the OP and the comments.

Except the study wasn't about education, despite the fact that it was in a school. Education is not an adult standing in front of a bunch of kindergarten kids and telling them something, it is a life of learning. But Plasma thinks that it proves that kids can't learn, when all it proves is that kids are curious.

Last edited:
It's amazing how partisan people are being in this thread. Regardless if you think the test was rigged, educating children about guns and gun safety is a very smart thing to do. Kids know what guns are. They are in movies, cartoons, comics, etc. They are smarter than you think, but they still need to be taught.

People are too busy whining about 2nd amendment rights when the reality is...well... shut up about it...This is about educating kids and not stripping you of your rights you cry babies.

Fucking knee jerks.

Except the study claims education does not work as do several of your buddies in this thread. Perhaps next time you should actually read the OP and the comments.

Except the study wasn't about education, despite the fact that it was in a school. Education is not an adult standing in front of a bunch of kindergarten kids and telling them something, it is a life of learning. But Plasma thinks that it proves that kids can't learn, when all it proves is that kids are curious.

where did i state kids cant learn? Oh you are making up arguments again in order to be relevant...

where did i state kids cant learn? Oh you are making up arguments again in order to be relevant...

You're dodging. He nailed you and you're now insulting the man. Textbook.

Fucking knee jerks.

no the clip is too short to express that education does not work. One "class" does not solve all problems, and the fact that a simple gun lock would solve most of these issues is not an infringement. This video showed kids being kids and you need to constantly enforce things with them.

So once again you are not being honest and partisan. Thats why i never believe anything you state on this message board. Its always partisan.

no i am not. Education is not a police officer standing in front of kids telling them about gun safety? Are you people fucking retarded? It is one aspect of the education, among other things. the other part of his post is pure bullshit full of assumption.

And now you, dodger is claiming i dodged. Go back to your troll thread about tolerance.

Fucking knee jerks.

You missed not only the OP but the point of the entire thread, didnt you? I'll bet you didnt read one word of it. You're a fucking pile of rocks.

partisan rants and crying does not make for a good topic. I've already addressed the topic and the clip.

no i am not. Education is not a police officer standing in front of kids telling them about gun safety? Are you people fucking retarded? It is one aspect of the education, among other things. the other part of his post is pure bullshit full of assumption.

And now you, dodger is claiming i dodged. Go back to your troll thread about tolerance.

No, it isn't really. You learn from experience, not from sitting in front of someone talking to you for hours on end. If you tell a man by words alone how to use a gun, has he learned anything? Teach him to use a gun, give him a gun, and he has an intimate knowledge of the gun. People learn by using their hands, not just their heads.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and I know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.

...That is according to ABC News. On January 27, Diane Sawyer aired a video featuring David Muir, touting "groundbreaking evidence" based on a study by Yale University titled "American Children and Guns" which itself claims that every hour a child is hospitalized for gunshot wounds. The problem? This experiment was rigged.

In this hidden camera experiment conducted in a 1st Grade classroom, the kids were made to watch gun education videos by the NRA mascot Eddie Eagle, and listen to a presentation by a local police officer on how to "avoid guns." Then, they placed two unloaded handguns on the table in the classroom. They explained to the children that "they were there for a memory test" and that "there was candy there on the table." Along with the candy were numerous toys and crayons as well. Then the teacher was asked to step outside. Ten minutes later two children can be seen migrating to the table with the candy on it, picking up one of the unloaded guns and inspecting it from various positions.

The camera then panned back to Sawyer and Muir in the studio. Muir suggested parents ask their neighbors if they have "a gun in the home" and "whether it's locked, loaded, or put away."

Now why would ABC be compelled to do something so lowdown and dirty? To push a gun control agenda. This is how you unveil the lie of statistics, by understanding the methods of their determinations, my friends. The left will stop at nothing to make guns out to be evil, all the meanwhile during this experiment sitting there, unloaded, harmless on a table, nary a one sprang to life and began materializing bullets and killing children.

Hidden Camera Experiment: Young Kids Drawn to Guns - YouTube

Plagiarizing from Breitbart again, I see.
You should be ashamed. I am embarrassed for you. Time to leave mama's basement and go find a job.

ABC News Story Hides Guns in Candy in Classroom to Push Gun Control

Does the wording even match Breitbart's? You idiot, that's all you have to throw at me because you can't challenge the argument. Typical.

Oh, my bad. I should have said plagiarized and then embellished, because you did not credit the original article from which you stole your post from and you barely changed the copy.

"""On January 27, ABC World News aired a segment on kids and guns in which they placed two unloaded handguns on a table and drew children to them by telling them there was candy where the weapons were.

Diane Sawyer introduced the video as part of a report on "groundbreaking news" based on a Yale University study on "American children and guns" that claims every hour one child in America ends up in the hospital as a result of gunshot wounds.

Sawyer's co-host David Muir narrated an experiment at an elementary school in Florida where seven hidden cameras were set up in what appeared to be a first grade classroom. They showed the kids NRA Eddie Eagle videos on gun safety and had a policeman talk to them about avoiding guns.

They then placed two unloaded handguns on a table "and [told] the kids they [were] there for a memory test." The teacher then told the kids she had to leave the classroom "for a second, but that there [was] candy on the table." There were numerous toys and crayons on the table, as well.

After the teacher left the children alone in the room for approximately ten minutes, two of the kids who had migrated to the candy, crayons, and toys picked up one of the real handguns and looked at it from all angles.

The camera then panned back to Muir and Sawyer in the studio, and Muir suggested parents ask their neighbors if they have "a gun in the home" and "whether it's locked, loaded, or put away.""""

No, it isn't really. You learn from experience, not from sitting in front of someone talking to you for hours on end. If you tell a man by words alone how to use a gun, has he learned anything? Teach him to use a gun, give him a gun, and he has an intimate knowledge of the gun. People learn by using their hands, not just their heads.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and I know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

jesus christ you fucking moron. What do i say directly after that?

It is one aspect of the education, among other things

now go the fuck away before you hurt yourself trying to actually think for once. Apparently my posts are too complicated for your pee brain.

now go the fuck away before you hurt yourself trying to actually think for once. Apparently my posts are too complicated for your pee brain.

Ha, and you lecture me on tolerance. Since when did you learn gun safety by sitting at a desk?

Last edited:

Ha, and you lecture me on tolerance. Since when did you learn gun safety by sitting at a desk?
and punt! we are done here....You are literally too stupid for the internet.

Agreed, and he's not even writing original content. He's ....ahem...."borrowing" it from Breitbart.

Uh, no. You punt and deflect by calling me a "pee brain.' If you're going to insult me, spell it correctly, pea brain. What you aren't telling us is how this "education" correlates to 20 kids dying every hour in the home due to unsecured firearms. The CDC has records that prove you and your liberal friends wrong.

Where did I say you said that?

Since I was talking to someone smarter than you I didn't mention the subject of the thread, which is why you are confused. To clarify, you think this stupid video proves that kids cannot learn about gun safety.

Where did I say you said that?

Since I was talking to someone smarter than you I didn't mention the subject of the thread, which is why you are confused. To clarify, you think this stupid video proves that kids cannot learn about gun safety.
See bold you fucking lying sack of shit....done with you as well

Forum List

Back