GOP Rep. Huelskamp vs. Maddow: You're A Cheerleader For Obama, Not A Journalist-video

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
enjoy!
Full transcript at site

SNIP:
[ame=http://youtu.be/T9RtyGspKLk]BOOM! Rep Huelskamp Slams Maddow during Tense Exchange; Tell her she's Obama Cheerleader - YouTube[/ame]

RACHEL MADDOW: Did you vote to cut diplomatic security facilities and their security before the Benghazi incident?

REP. TIM HUELSKAMP (R-KANSAS): No, we had passed additional security measures, as requested by the administration, but don't forget, the facts of the matter is Hillary Clinton did not request security enhancements, and we do believe that this administration let our troops down and let this diplomat down.

We need more answers there, we need answers about a lot of things. This administration promised to be the most transparent in history, Rachel, and I think if you would stop being a cheerleader and be a journalist, you'd recognize we're not getting those answers.

MADDOW: Did you just call me a cheerleader?

ALL of it here
GOP Rep. Huelskamp vs. Maddow: You're A Cheerleader For Obama, Not A Journalist | Video | RealClearPolitics

Great the way Maddow bristled at being properly identified as a cheerleader for Barry & Co. It sounded to me like Mad was taking it as a sexist remark at first. And how silly of Maddy to do that as everyone knows there are boy cheerleaders too.

Rachel kind of slapped him around. I'm not sure why you would show that video as an example of Republicans being right in any way.

obamas_cheerleaders.jpg

: Professor ready for Round 2

By Dion Lefler
The Wichita Eagle

1dvK1N.Em.80.jpg

The day after Kansas Rep. Tim Huelskamp called MSNBC host Rachel Maddow a cheerleader as they dueled over the congressman’s tweets during the State of the Union speech, at least one Kansas political observer would like to see them go at it again.
“Let’s bring them out to Kansas and they can take an hour and we’ll do it here at Washburn University,” said Bob Beatty, a professor of political science at the university in Topeka.
Beatty said “both sides ended up kind of garbled” when the conservative Republican Huelskamp and the liberal Maddow talked past and over each other following President Obama’s televised speech to Congress and the nation Tuesday night. “For two people who both have Ph.D.s in political science, they didn’t show too well,” he said.
Fortunately for Beatty’s plans – or maybe not – Maddow did offer Huelskamp a backhanded invitation to continue the conversation another time.
“I’ve found you spectacularly disingenuous in explaining your own words tonight, but I hope you’d come on my show and we can have this conversation one-on-one sometime soon,” Maddow said.
During and just after the speech, Huelskamp maintained a running stream of invective on Twitter, accusing Obama of an “imperial presidency” and saying his speech “reads like dictates from a King.”
One of those tweets: “Was there a diplomat in Benghazi that gave his life for his country Mr. President?” – a reference to U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, killed there in a terrorist attack in 2012.
Later on the air, when Maddow confronted Huelskamp on that tweet, he said: “If you would stop being a cheerleader and be a journalist, you’d recognize we’re not getting those answers.”
Retorted Maddow: “Did you just call me a cheerleader?”
Huelskamp chuckled: “I don’t know, maybe you have that history. I’m saying look at the facts of the (Benghazi) matter.
“No, wait wait wait, no, hold on, hold on. Wait, hold on!”
“I’m saying you’re a cheerleader for the administration.”
“So I’m a cheerleader?”
“... If it was Bush you’d be jumping and screaming …”
“You’re amazing” (laughing).

Read more here: Rep. Tim Huelskamp vs. Rachel Maddow: Professor ready for Round 2 | Wichita Eagle

For the record, most on-air news channel people are not journalists, they're entertainers. A journalist has a degree in journalism, and is bound by a code of journalistic ethics. This is not 80% or more of the people on tv news.

Forum List

Back