worst case
die or dialysis

transplant
streetcar desire
i have always
depended
on the kidneys
of strangers

When I worked as a radiographer in the 90s I used to chuckle at those who arrived at the ER - always seemed to happen at about 2AM - when interviewing them, they'd almost to a man say they didn't understand why they got these stones. After all, they'd say, they didn't drink all those fizzy sodas like so many of the others they apparently were mocking. When asked about their diet and what kinds of fluids they most commonly drank, they'd say iced tea.

Most kidney stones were comprised of calcium oxalates. Tea has them in abundance, as do dark green veggies. That's the reason the Deep South is known as the "stone belt". One of the most common meals will have greens and iced sweet tea.

When I worked as a radiographer in the 90s I used to chuckle at those who arrived at the ER - always seemed to happen at about 2AM - when interviewing them, they'd almost to a man say they didn't understand why they got these stones. After all, they'd say, they didn't drink all those fizzy sodas like so many of the others they apparently were mocking. When asked about their diet and what kinds of fluids they most commonly drank, they'd say iced tea.

Most kidney stones were comprised of calcium oxalates. Tea has them in abundance, as do dark green veggies. That's the reason the Deep South is known as the "stone belt". One of the most common meals will have greens and iced sweet tea.

That must be why I developed one back when. I used to drink LOTS of tea and ate lots of spinach, broccoli, green beans, and peas.........cause I love them.

Not so much anymore.

kidneys

twin repositories
of salts
oxalates
bad habits

kidney stones
kenny rogers
dolly parton
islands in the stream

worst case
die or dialysis

transplant
streetcar desire
i have always
depended
on the kidneys
of strangers
Apples help your issues, Robert. Day 1, eat 4 apples, skin and all; days 2-7, 2 apples. After that, eat one apple every day for 2 weeks. Your problem should be gone, but should it happen again, repeat the apple panacea. Likely, your current diet sucks. Prayers up. They tell me that passing kidney stones is like no other kind of pain. :hands:

Forum List

Back