Kari Lake loses signature verification case

WTF are you talking? I saw cops beaten with flag poles. I saw a noose to hang the vice president. I saw feces smeared on the walls of Congress. Shall I continue?
can't make up this nonsense. really, your self governance is noted.

Yes.

We have these things call computers now. Election officials know exactly at any point in time if a ballot has been issued to an individual and if that ballot has been returned. Ballots fall into three main categories (with another sub-category). Cognizant election officials can tell at any moment in time (a) if a ballot was issued to an individual and (b) if that ballot was returned). Those are:
  • Postal Ballots: Issued, tracked, and delivered via the USPS
  • Early Ballots: Issued in person under early voting rules and locations where the individual relinquishes the ballot prior to leaving.
  • Election Da Ballots: Issued in person under regular voting rules and locations where the individual relinquishes the ballot prior to leaving.
For example, just a couple of year ago, I was supposed to be out of town and ordered a Postal Ballot. The trip was cancelled and instead of voting by mail I decided to use Early Voting since I'd be pretty much next door to the poling place while out running errands. Luckily I remembered to bring my Postal Ballot Envelope with me when I went to the poling location. When I checked in they told me I was ineligible to vote early because my Postal Ballot had been sent. (This was kind of checking the system.) So I handed the nice lady behind the desk my uncompleted Postal Ballot, she updated my voting record to note the Postal Ballot was returned unused, and issued me a regular ballot to then go vote.

And before you ask, now-a-days all Postal Ballots Envelopes are bar/QR codes to an individual voter. Not only can election officials track the status of the ballot, you as an individual can go online and track the status of your ballot yourself from: (here the term "ballot" means Postal Voting Ballot and Security Envelope")
  • Ordering the ballot,
  • Election Officials generating the ballot,
  • The ballot being delivered to the Untied States Postal Service,
  • Delivery to your address,
  • Pick up of the completed ballot by the USPS,
  • Delivery of the ballot to election officials,
  • Induction into security screening,
  • Clearing of security screening and the ballot accepted for counting

Computers are wonderful things.

WW

Sorry, I forgot to mention the "sub category" for the first bulleted list and that would be "provisional" ballots when there is an irregularity that has to be cleared after election day.

WW

Forum List

Back