Zone1 Kamala Harris wants to prioritize black/brown people over whites for Hurricane relief...

The point is that a teensy TEENSY fraction of people with jobs stay below the poverty level for long. Most are part timers by choice--students and such--but almost all of those who need to earn a living to support themselves and their families manage to do so in modern day America. The ones who can't almost always have serious disabilities, addictions, or other factors that hinder their progress.

Actually, we have crushing poverty in this country, and it's mostly based on race.

1665174654331.png

The idea that it is the government's job to make people prosperous or not is exactly what the Founders intended to get us away from. A government powerful enough to make us prosperous is a government powerful enough to make us poor.

First, I don't give a rat's behind what the Founding Slave Rapists "intended". They didn't poop marble, they weren't gods... they were a bunch of dudes who took advantage of a political situation. They created a largely flawed constitution.

If you look at the above chart, you can see that poverty has DECLINED since 1965 because of the programs that the government took. If you want to go further back, before FDR put in the New Deal progressive policies, 70% of Americans lived below the poverty line.

And a person's skin color should NEVER be a factor in any government policy other than removing any barriers that might be associated with a skin color whether that be white, black, brown or whatever.

That's nice in priniciple, but as long as you have such huge racial disparities in power,

Here's the thing. I've never been given a job by a person of color. That's why you need progressive policies. As long as white people control the hiring in this country, they will always give an advantage to other white people, even if they don't mean to or aren't openly racist.

They did a study back in the Aughts where they created hundreds of fake resumes. Half the resume had "White" names like Greg and Emily, half the resumes had "black" names like Jamal and Lakeisha. All other aspects, experience, education, etc. were the same.

Well, big surprise, the "white" resumes got a call back rate of 50% higher than the black resumes did.

Kamala is so racist...black people live where they want to live I worked with a black man who bragged to me that he had six kids by five different women. When I asked him if he supported those six kids he said hell yeah. then one day another pal who lived next to one of this guys kids asked the kid how his dad was doing and the kid said he had never heard of his dad

35% of white kids are born out of wedlock now. Add in the 50% divorce rate, and we have a lot of problems across the board.

Actually, we have crushing poverty in this country, and it's mostly based on race.

View attachment 707023

First, I don't give a rat's behind what the Founding Slave Rapists "intended". They didn't poop marble, they weren't gods... they were a bunch of dudes who took advantage of a political situation. They created a largely flawed constitution.

If you look at the above chart, you can see that poverty has DECLINED since 1965 because of the programs that the government took. If you want to go further back, before FDR put in the New Deal progressive policies, 70% of Americans lived below the poverty line.

That's nice in priniciple, but as long as you have such huge racial disparities in power,

Here's the thing. I've never been given a job by a person of color. That's why you need progressive policies. As long as white people control the hiring in this country, they will always give an advantage to other white people, even if they don't mean to or aren't openly racist.

They did a study back in the Aughts where they created hundreds of fake resumes. Half the resume had "White" names like Greg and Emily, half the resumes had "black" names like Jamal and Lakeisha. All other aspects, experience, education, etc. were the same.

Well, big surprise, the "white" resumes got a call back rate of 50% higher than the black resumes did.
Most of the policies that have kept some black people from prospering or indeed most people from prospering can be traced straight to and exclusively to the Democrat Party. Have a nice afternoon Joe.

Most of the policies that have kept some black people from prospering or indeed most people from prospering can be traced straight to and exclusively to the Democrat Party. Have a nice afternoon Joe.

Yes, programs that keep people from starving is holding them back... you have a point.

If they get hungry enough, they "prosper"...

Let's play a little date association game where the elites let people get hungry enough...

Um..

France 1793
Russia 1917
China 1949
Cuba 1959
Iran 1979

Seeing a pattern here?

View attachment 707023

A person of color must create tech and industrial industries. Be that guy. there are not any because it cannot exist with an attitude of the Village way of living. I never have gotten a response for typing the Village as Hillary spewed.

This reflects more on your attitude than on the bosses. Of all the jobs I have had, across three major professions and lots of bit work in between, I have had only one boss who was a fucking idiot. Everyone else thought so, too, so it wasn't just me. Other than the one fucking idiot, all my bosses have been good men (and a few women.

On a few occasions, I've had the misfortune of having to work with creatures who have the same attitude that you've repeatedly expressed. At best, they are the slackers, who make me work harder to make up for them. Often, they're the ones who fuck things up, so that I have to do more work to fix what they've fucked up instead of doing the productive work of my own that I otherwise would have been doing.

Inevitably, those like you, who always think the bosses are fucking idiots, are the fucking idiots themselves, with the bad attitudes that drag the whole project down.
The person who runs the business where I work is certainly a fucking idiot, but none of my employees have ever told me so.

Yes, programs that keep people from starving is holding them back... you have a point.

If they get hungry enough, they "prosper"...

Let's play a little date association game where the elites let people get hungry enough...

Um..

France 1793
Russia 1917
China 1949
Cuba 1959
Iran 1979

Seeing a pattern here?
Do you always post things that are that non sequitur to the argument?

I'm sure they haven't... but I doubt any but the most masochistic ones stay.
Far from it. I have very loyal employees since I am not a control freak and treat them well.

Thanks for the personal attack, though. It just comes with the Stalinism, I guess.

“And so we have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity, understanding not everyone starts out at the same place. And if we want people to be in an equal place, sometimes we have to take into account those disparities and do that work. And if we want people to be in an equal place, sometimes we have to take into account those disparities and do that work.”

Wow... what do you think she means here? Anything to do with skin color? (as she always seems to insinuate, so why should this be any different)

Meanwhile:

Political commentator Ken Gardner tweeted: “This has to violate at least a dozen federal and state anti-discrimination laws. Not to mention the 14th Amendment.”
The idea that Kamala Harris is one stroke away from the Presidency is terrifying.

Our biggest problem isn't government is too big, it's that we have too much wealth inequality and it's getting worse.

You do not seem to understand that a larger gov't that spends more money actually increases wealth inequality. Why? Because all those wonderful and growing welfare state policies have increased wealth inequality. Government programs for retirement, healthcare, and other benefits have reduced the incentives and the ability of non-wealthy households to accumulate savings and thus have increased wealth inequality. They get by just fine and thus don't have to or want to work. The most recent jobs report underlines this: we've got millions of jobs and not enough applicants. Why work when you don't have to? Which is their right, but don't bitch to me about inequality when so many people could be working to better their lives and choose not to.

“And so we have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity, understanding not everyone starts out at the same place. And if we want people to be in an equal place, sometimes we have to take into account those disparities and do that work. And if we want people to be in an equal place, sometimes we have to take into account those disparities and do that work.”

Wow... what do you think she means here? Anything to do with skin color? (as she always seems to insinuate, so why should this be any different)

Meanwhile:

Political commentator Ken Gardner tweeted: “This has to violate at least a dozen federal and state anti-discrimination laws. Not to mention the 14th Amendment.”
What she is saying 'We deserve special treatment due to the color of our skin'. Ain't that a racist?

You do not seem to understand that a larger gov't that spends more money actually increases wealth inequality. Why? Because all those wonderful and growing welfare state policies have increased wealth inequality. Government programs for retirement, healthcare, and other benefits have reduced the incentives and the ability of non-wealthy households to accumulate savings and thus have increased wealth inequality. They get by just fine and thus don't have to or want to work. The most recent jobs report underlines this: we've got millions of jobs and not enough applicants. Why work when you don't have to? Which is their right, but don't bitch to me about inequality when so many people could be working to better their lives and choose not to.

Um, quite the contrary... Wealth inequality was a LOT worse before the New Deal, where 70% of the population lived below the poverty line.

The latest job report tells me that a lot of jobs just aren't worth working. But here's the real problem that you wingnuts keep ignoring. The reason why we have a labor shortage is because the boomers are retiring faster than the millennials can replace them.

Cool, so how would income redistribution work exactly? For example if one was determined to be rich by way of land or real estate holdings would that person have to sell his/her property and give the proceeds to the government for redistribution?

Property isn't income.
YOu make X amount of money, you pay Y% of taxes. It's really just that simple. That's how it worked before Ronnie Ray-gun fucked it up, and we had enough money to fund the war in Vietnam, the Great Society AND the Space Program.

Forum List

Back