Kamala Harris calls for more gun control when what we need is more criminal control

We need more gun control. Guns enable criminal behavior.
Gun control only affects law abiding citizens. We need more 'criminal control', especially drug addicts (yes Virginia, drug addicts are criminals).

America, the land of the free...

has more people in prison per capita than any other Nation in the world.... yet this criminal control, is not stopping a damn thing when it comes to mass murderers via guns.....??
We need more prisons and longer sentences. And, if we are going to reduce gun violence, we have to get the addicts off the streets and into compulsory treatment. States need to reinstitute the death penalty as well.

Can you support those position historically? Were such prohibitions law and the intent of the Founders when the Second was passed?
As far as convicted felons owning guns I dont know

Probably not

But the militia was never intended for children

Although historically children of pioneers and others on the farm commonly handled guns and hunted wild game

But in badlands of south Chicago there are no rabbits to hunt

Probably not

Although historically children of pioneers and others on the farm commonly handled guns and hunted wild game

In Alaska ten-year-olds can hunt with a gun, and alone as well.

Probably not

Children fought in the Revolutionary war.

They served on warships. They served in the Army. They fought my friend.

So using the standards of Heller and Bruen, where is the historical example to exempt children under 18 from owning firearms?

I am only giving you common sense as it exists in 2024

That’s not the standard in Heller and Bruen is it? The standard for any restriction is that it must be shown to be a historical restriction that existed at the time the Second was passed.

If there was no restriction for Convicted Felons to possess firearms after their sentence, than that restriction today is according to Bruen, Unconstitutional.

If there was no restriction for those under 18 to have Forearms at the time, there can’t be one now.

Common Sense is what those who wish to restrict firearms claim guides them. Bruen doesn’t allow for that. It requires a historical example of such restrictions being in place during the founding.

I've been saying for years now. We don't need to get rid of guns, we need to get rid of criminals, dopeheads and crazy people.

How is our society safer when we just get rid of guns, but let the criminals, nutballs and dopeheads that go out and hurt people to roam free?

Get rid of the people who want to hurt others and everyone is safe, even the people who don't own a gun.

Hell gun sales would go down. All the people who buy a gun just to protect themselves wouldn't want one if they didn't have fear of others.

We need a better society, not better gun laws

Forum List

Back