Justice

TexM3

VIP Member
Aug 27, 2011
if justice is not served what are the implications?

Why should I follow any of their laws as long as I’m not causing any harm to person or property?

Hint: The biggest political scandal in American history.

Why should I follow any of their laws as long as I’m not causing any harm to person or property?
Because somebody will eventually show up to take your stuff, and you're going to want some backup.
People are not going to risk death to take my stuff.

Because somebody will eventually show up to take your stuff, and you're going to want some backup.
People are not going to risk death to take my stuff.
People have done just that throughout all of human history. If the first group doesn't take you out, they'll send a bigger group.

You have a short grasp of history. But if you mean the ongoing investigation into Russian meddling in our election and potential involvement of members of the Trump campaign - here is how justice works (for those that don't have a clue).

First, there has to be evidence of a crime committed. Then follows an investigation, people are indicted and charged. Then there is a trial (or plea bargain) and then - if guilty - sentencing.

So far - a handful of people have been charged/found guilty/undergoing trial. Chief among them Flynn, Manafort, Page. The investigation is ongoing. When it concludes we shall see if "justice" has been served. This is not done in the court of public opinion where you don't have access to all the information and more and more people seem to be relying on opinion over facts (of which there aren't a lot available).

Last edited:

Quite often the courts hand down a decision that is accepted by some and denounced by others. You may not agree with what is decided and what is being done, but that does not mean you get to decide which laws you will obey and which you will ignore. Doesn't matter whether harm is being done or not, the law is the law until it gets changed and that's it. We have a judicial system that can 'stay' a law, meaning it is not enforceable for the time being, and we have elected representatives who are supposed to decide for us what the law should be. If you don't agree then vote the bastards out of office, that's what elections are for. If your side loses, tough shit, try harder next time.

Added: some would say Watergate was the biggest political scandal in history, and there have been others. I don't think there' anything going on currently that ranks with Watergate.

Last edited:

You have a short grasp of history. But if you mean the ongoing investigation into Russian meddling in our election and potential involvement of members of the Trump campaign - here is how justice works (for those that don't have a clue).

First, there has to be a crime committed. Then follows an investigation, people are indicted and charged. Then there is a trial (or plea bargain) and then - if guilty - sentencing.

So far - a handful of people have been charged/found guilty/undergoing trial. Chief among them Flynn, Manafort, Page. The investigation is ongoing. When it concludes we shall see if "justice" has been served. This is not done in the court of public opinion where you don't have access to all the information and more and more people seem to be relying on opinion over facts (of which there aren't a lot available).
Kangaroo court is not justice.

First, there has to be a crime committed. Then follows an investigation, people are indicted and charged. Then there is a trial (or plea bargain) and then - if guilty - sentencing.

Kangaroo court is not justice.

Which "kangaroo court" are you referring to?

Forum List

Back