Just think another six feet and the cubs lose the world series

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
When the Cubs went down three to one in the World Series I got to admit I was one of them who threw in the towel and said it’s over with,here they go again. You just figured there would be no way they would come back so I did not watch them the rest of the way.

With this virus I have time now to see rewatch World Series games from the past and view playoff games I missed. For the first time sense I watched all seven games of the series and oh man,I did not realise they came so close to losing game seven as they did.

Don’t remember the hitter but in the bottom of the ninth one of the Indians hitters hit a long foul ball that went foul by just six feet or so,if he straightens out that swing and is around on that ball just a tiny bit quicker,that Ball goes over the fence for the winning home run and the Indians win the World Series and the cubs don’t get the winning run in the top of the tenth and hold on to win the World Series and the talk of a Jenx still lives on to.

Thank god he just barely missed that home run and it was a foul ball.I am glad I did not watch that game,man I would have had a heart attack over that near home run being a foul ball.that game meant so much to me the cubs being my favorite team in the NL and second in baseball.it was such a relief to hear they finally broke the jinx,after the Red Sox broke theirs,it was high time the cubs ended theirs as well

I had hoped both the Cubs and Red Sox would break their curses....Then I met bunches of their fans after the facts....Wish they both were still cursed.
On the topic,did you watch that game oddball,do you remember how late in the 9th inning how the cubs came just six feet or so from losing the World Series.? Did you stay up and watch that game to the end?

Forum List

Back