Just one deposit of lithium in Nevada

Didn't sound like this site was being actively worked.
I didn't say that site was being actively worked, I said lithium was already being mined in Nevada. There are several sites in Nevada where the geology is right for major deposits. And many are being explored as we post.

Nevada is home to the only operating lithium mine in the United States which is located in Clayton Valley, Esmeralda County. The mine has been in operation since 1967, employs 85 people, and produces lithium carbonate from evaporation ponds which concentrate the lithium.

As of October 25, 2021 an estimated 11,370 active placer claims, have been located in Nevada, presumably for lithium brine in 18 different hydrographic basins. Typical exploration is completed by drilling and sampling both sediment and brines using "dual wall reverse rotary" or "push-drill" techniques. The rock sample and the solution are assayed for lithium content. Some lithium exploration holes are 3,000 - 4,000 feet deep.

Nevada is home to the only operating lithium mine in the United States which is located in Clayton Valley, Esmeralda County. The mine has been in operation since 1967, employs 85 people, and produces lithium carbonate from evaporation ponds which concentrate the lithium.

As of October 25, 2021 an estimated 11,370 active placer claims, have been located in Nevada, presumably for lithium brine in 18 different hydrographic basins. Typical exploration is completed by drilling and sampling both sediment and brines using "dual wall reverse rotary" or "push-drill" techniques. The rock sample and the solution are assayed for lithium content. Some lithium exploration holes are 3,000 - 4,000 feet deep.

So the carbonate, which is a byproduct of the mining of Lithium for batteries, is CO2 that is being released in the air? Seems counter intuitive in the Man Made Global Warming scheme of things.

carbonate
[carbonate]

NOUN
  1. a salt of the anion CO32−, typically by reaction with carbon dioxide.
VERB
  1. dissolve carbon dioxide in (a liquid).

Question is will environwackos allow evil mining.
I think they are. Clayton Valley Lithium Project is not exactly new to that area, an area known for Lithium mining. It is just east of Abermarle's Silver Peak Lithium operations, the only Lithium brine operation in the country. The Clayton Valley Lithium Project has a favorable feasibility study, with no threatened or endangered species present in the 5,430 acre site controlled by Cypress Development and environmental permits are expected to be handled like other mining permits in Nevada.

Question is will environwackos allow evil mining.

Yep. They've already caused delays, as they will do for any money that is actually spent from the recently signed bill for infrastructure.

New York had a plan for a hydroelectric power line from Canada to Astoria, Queens. Proposed c. 2007 the project is just now beginning to be built. As costs rise, and rise, and rise.

So the carbonate, which is a byproduct of the mining of Lithium for batteries, is CO2 that is being released in the air? Seems counter intuitive in the Man Made Global Warming scheme of things.

carbonate
[carbonate]

NOUN
  1. a salt of the anion CO32−, typically by reaction with carbon dioxide.
VERB
  1. dissolve carbon dioxide in (a liquid).
In producing the battery grade lithium hydroxide, CO2 is produced. CO2 is also produced in manufacturing ICE engines, and in producing and refining gas and diesel, and then when the gas and diesel are burned.

Yep. They've already caused delays, as they will do for any money that is actually spent from the recently signed bill for infrastructure.

New York had a plan for a hydroelectric power line from Canada to Astoria, Queens. Proposed c. 2007 the project is just now beginning to be built. As costs rise, and rise, and rise.
How much of that is caused by NIMBY, and how much by environmental regulations?

New York is king of Hydroelectric power generation, east of the Rockies with 300 hydroelectric generating stations, 4th largest producer in the country. What new project are they having environmental problems with?

I think problems like that are what the infrastructure bill is all about. We have huge areas in Eastern Oregon, in Nevada, that can produce both wind and solar. But they have to have a grid. Were the government to approach that as they did the Interstate Highway System, I believe we could generate huge amounts of power in those areas that are close to California where the need for power is greatest.

Forum List

Back