'Just not true'

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Maryland's GOP governor: 'Just not true' when Trump says coronavirus testing problems over

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) dismissed President Trump's claims that issues obtaining tests for the coronavirus had passed, telling an interviewer Tuesday that new tests developed in recent days had yet to be distributed to states around the country.

In an interview with NPR, Hogan said that Trump's assertion that shortages of coronavirus testing kits no longer existed was "just not true."

"President Trump is suggesting that the testing problems are over, they've been fixed. It's no longer an issue," NPR's Rachel Martin told Hogan.

"Yeah, that's just not true," Hogan responded. "I mean, I know that they've taken some steps to create new tests, but they're not actually created and distributed out to the states. No state has enough testing."
...........................................................................................................................................
Faced with accepting reality or accepting Trump's lies Trumpleton's choice is a foregone conclusion...........throw Larry under the bus.

Hopefully most people know by now not to believe anything Trump says without careful and comprehensive corroboration.
I think most people do. The object of the game is to get Trumpleton's to be more receptive to objective reality. Not only in this matter but in all matters.

We can not govern ourselves effectively with 35% of the country believing in misinformation.

Five months into the swine flu here there was no rapid test for H1N1 and the tests they had were only 10-70% accurate depending on the test.-

How well can these tests detect the flu?
Rapid tests vary in their ability to detect flu viruses. Depending on the test used, their ability to detect 2009 H1N1 flu can range from 10% to 70%. This means that some people with a 2009 H1N1 flu infection have had a negative rapid test result. (This situation is called a false negative test result.) Rapid tests appear to be better at detecting flu in children than adults. None of the rapid tests currently approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are able to distinguish 2009 H1N1 flu from other flu viruses.

Will my health care pr

Five months into the swine flu here there was no rapid test for H1N1 and the tests they had were only 10-70% accurate depending on the test.-

Rapid tests vary in their ability to detect flu viruses. Depending on the test used, their ability to detect 2009 H1N1 flu can range from 10% to 70%. This means that some people with a 2009 H1N1 flu infection have had a negative rapid test result. (This situation is called a false negative test result.) Rapid tests appear to be better at detecting flu in children than adults. None of the rapid tests currently approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are able to distinguish 2009 H1N1 flu from other flu viruses.

Will my health care pr

Are you aware that H1N1 killed about the same amount of people in a year as COVID-19 did in a couple of months before it even takes off?

Why, I remember a time when you guys were calling Obama a failure because of it. That was cute. What was H1N1's mortality rate anyway?

Democrats are assholes and cannot teach “Trumpletons” a damn Thing.
Now that you have that hissy fit out of your system care to comment on Trump once again being exposed for lying about the availability of testing for the virus? By a GOP governor.

Democrats are assholes and cannot teach “Trumpletons” a damn Thing.
Now that you have that hissy fit out of your system care to comment on Trump once again being exposed for lying about the availability of testing for the virus? By a GOP governor.
So is ewe’ roses dumbass having a hissy fit every time you call people Trumpletons? Libtard?

Maryland's GOP governor: 'Just not true' when Trump says coronavirus testing problems over

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) dismissed President Trump's claims that issues obtaining tests for the coronavirus had passed, telling an interviewer Tuesday that new tests developed in recent days had yet to be distributed to states around the country.

In an interview with NPR, Hogan said that Trump's assertion that shortages of coronavirus testing kits no longer existed was "just not true."

"President Trump is suggesting that the testing problems are over, they've been fixed. It's no longer an issue," NPR's Rachel Martin told Hogan.

"Yeah, that's just not true," Hogan responded. "I mean, I know that they've taken some steps to create new tests, but they're not actually created and distributed out to the states. No state has enough testing."
...........................................................................................................................................
Faced with accepting reality or accepting Trump's lies Trumpleton's choice is a foregone conclusion...........throw Larry under the bus.

Go empty Chamber lots in China Troll.

You should be lea banned for trolling 24-7

Will my health care pr

Are you aware that H1N1 killed about the same amount of people in a year as COVID-19 did in a couple of months before it even takes off?

Why, I remember a time when you guys were calling Obama a failure because of it. That was cute. What was H1N1's mortality rate anyway?

According to the CDC, H1N1 killed about 12,500 people in the US in that first year. They also estimate that between 151,700-575,400 people died worldwide in that first year. According to the latest numbers from worldometers coronavirus update, there are 41,400 deaths worldwide. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea COVID-19 has killed the same number as H1N1 did in a year, unless you are trying to compare numbers to years after 2009.

Will my health care pr

According to the CDC, H1N1 killed about 12,500 people in the US in that first year. They also estimate that between 151,700-575,400 people died worldwide in that first year. According to the latest numbers from worldometers coronavirus update, there are 41,400 deaths worldwide. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea COVID-19 has killed the same number as H1N1 did in a year, unless you are trying to compare numbers to years after 2009.

Yep, my bad. Just the same COVID-19 is proving to be more deadly than H1N1. As we just surpassed 9/11 numbers in only 3 months and we haven't even peaked yet, let alone what's gong to happen in the fall.

1585680508178.png

The US is doing more than 100,000 tests per day, and that is still increasing.
There is no shortage of tests, more whining from the whiners.

Will my health care pr

Swine flu had a mortality rate of 0.02%. Coronavirus is over 100 times worse.

Why can't the news report the news, as in just the facts without the constant spin.
It is not that there is a shortage, there is actually a very large supply.
The problem is logistics in distributing the test and the equipment to do with them.
The other problem is America began it's infection problem weeks/months after other nations did - and they depleted supplies like the testing swabs. And there is still a high global demand for them.
While you are on the subject, you should instead be commenting on why the previous administration chose NOT to resupply and restock equipment after H1N1.

Will my health care pr

Swine flu had a mortality rate of 0.02%. Coronavirus is over 100 times worse.

Yep, currently in the U.S. it's about 1.92% which with more testing it was supposed to go down but instead went up from about 1.3%.

Doesn't Maryland have enough problems without nit picking every word the President speaks and turning it into a political issue? The President never said the testing is over.

Will my health care pr

What does that have to do with the claims made by Trump?

More idiocy and lies from an OP who has to trot out some sort of anti-Trump BS on a daily basis. You do realize that not every Tom, Duck, and Harry off the streets is even eligible to get tested right? There is no shortage. Keeping up with unreasonable demands from some states is the issue.

Forum List

Back