Pelosi Wants Tax Cuts for the Rich

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Eliminating the $10,000 cap on SALT deduction benefits upper income and wealthy individuals, while ultimately passing that tax burden onto the middle class and lower income individuals. My how times have changed.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Monday suggested that a controversial portion of President Trump's 2017 tax law could be retroactively rolled back in the next coronavirus relief bill.

In an interview with The New York Times, Pelosi suggested that reversing the tax law's $10,000 cap on the state and local tax (SALT) deduction for 2018 and 2019 could be a way to provide individuals with more money.

Eliminating the $10,000 cap on SALT deduction benefits upper income and wealthy individuals, while ultimately passing that tax burden onto the middle class and lower income individuals. My how times have changed.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Monday suggested that a controversial portion of President Trump's 2017 tax law could be retroactively rolled back in the next coronavirus relief bill.

In an interview with The New York Times, Pelosi suggested that reversing the tax law's $10,000 cap on the state and local tax (SALT) deduction for 2018 and 2019 could be a way to provide individuals with more money.

Being a wee bit disingenuous aren't you?

Being a wee bit disingenuous aren't you?
You think the poor get hit with that cap? :abgg2q.jpg:

The Dems are going to try to load up everything they could possibly want into the next COVID-19 emergncy relief bill. And then scream about how the GOP is against helping people who are in dire straits if they don't support all of it.

Pelosi might get it through the House, but I'd be surprised if it gets through the Senate. Even though the Senate GOP seems to be comprised of a bunch of pussies.

Last edited:

That tax really only affects rich Californians. Most states don't have California-level SALTs to deduct anyway.

She is playing to her voter base -- rich, gay San Francisco business owners.

That tax really only affects rich Californians. Most states don't have California-level SALTs to deduct anyway.

Gay or not, the vast majority of tech workers don't qualify for $1200.00 checks so why not.

The Dems are going to try to load up everything they could possibly want into the next COVID-19 emergncy relief bill. And then scream about how the GOP is against helping people who are in dire straits if they don't support all of it.

Pelosi might get it through the House, but I'd be surprised if it gets through the Senate. Even though the Senate GOP seems to be comprised of a bunch of pussies.

The Republican pussies won't give a $200.00mo. COLA to Social Security recipients.

You would think someone who claims she has worked for the poor her entire life would be concerned with the tens of thousands of poor living a shitting in the streets of her district, not the multi millionair neighbors in her gated community.

You would think someone who claims she has worked for the poor her entire life would be concerned with the tens of thousands of poor living a shitting in the streets of her district, not the multi millionair neighbors in her gated community.

millionair

Is that the Canadian spelling?

Even though this only impacts the wealthy, the SALT cap got rid of the Dem tax loophole Dem's used to funnel money to the Dem party. That's why Dems squealed like stuck pigs.

Forum List

Back