Just my personal story and how much I have changed it

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
9 years ago I hit my max weight 602 pounds. I couldn't play with my kids, I couldn't go to the store without needing a riding cart, doctor who did my back surgery told me if I didn't lose the weight I would be back in for another surgery sooner than later, I went to a weight loss consultation and 11 months later in September 2012 I had weight loss surgery. I was down to 517 by then. I was in a size 58/60 pants and 9xl shirts. VERY expensive to buy and even harder to find.

Skip to past month I am down to 348 pounds and dropping after I stopped drinking soda and drink nothing but water and tea, I went yesterday to get pants because I knew the 2 pair I owned were getting WAY to big, I figured eh what the hell try on a 46, to my absolute SHOCK I fit in them comfortably! I can now buy clothes at a normal store and am down to a 5xl shirt probably smaller if I wanted to but I HATE snug shirts, its getting to where I need the skin removal surgery but I REALLY don't want another surgery so am waiting to see how much more I will lose. At 6 foot 4 I don't look that big and just want to get around 275 or so. I just wanted to share because I am really proud of myself and my wife is actually starting to get worried I am gonna lose more weight and leave her LOL...that ain't gonna happen but its funny to me.

For anyone else here who wants to lose weight it IS possible! With or without surgery you can do it! There are some drawbacks to the weight loss surgery, I can't really eat pasta, a lot of bread or enjoy a steak because my stomach is so small now I can't digest it all. I eat like a bird now.

9 years ago I hit my max weight 602 pounds. I couldn't play with my kids, I couldn't go to the store without needing a riding cart, doctor who did my back surgery told me if I didn't lose the weight I would be back in for another surgery sooner than later, I went to a weight loss consultation and 11 months later in September 2012 I had weight loss surgery. I was down to 517 by then. I was in a size 58/60 pants and 9xl shirts. VERY expensive to buy and even harder to find.

Skip to past month I am down to 348 pounds and dropping after I stopped drinking soda and drink nothing but water and tea, I went yesterday to get pants because I knew the 2 pair I owned were getting WAY to big, I figured eh what the hell try on a 46, to my absolute SHOCK I fit in them comfortably! I can now buy clothes at a normal store and am down to a 5xl shirt probably smaller if I wanted to but I HATE snug shirts, its getting to where I need the skin removal surgery but I REALLY don't want another surgery so am waiting to see how much more I will lose. At 6 foot 4 I don't look that big and just want to get around 275 or so. I just wanted to share because I am really proud of myself and my wife is actually starting to get worried I am gonna lose more weight and leave her LOL...that ain't gonna happen but its funny to me.

For anyone else here who wants to lose weight it IS possible! With or without surgery you can do it! There are some drawbacks to the weight loss surgery, I can't really eat pasta, a lot of bread or enjoy a steak because my stomach is so small now I can't digest it all. I eat like a bird now.
I bet you feel better...keep it up....good for you...

Congratulations

That is a life altering weight loss. You should be proud
Keep it up

I bet you feel better...keep it up....good for you...
Absolutely! Its nice to be able to go outside and cut the grass and play with my kids and be able to walk anywhere I want etc. Thanks for the encouragement!

Wow you were a candidate for that TV show 'My 600 lb life'. It always astounds me how people can get that big in the first place. But kudos to you, it must be really difficult to be such a big guy and eat so little. Keep it up you're in the home stretch!

Wow you were a candidate for that TV show 'My 600 lb life'. It always astounds me how people can get that big in the first place. But kudos to you, it must be really difficult to be such a big guy and eat so little. Keep it up you're in the home stretch!
Boredom, depression, frustration, bad habits I was allowed to create as a kid/teenager all led to eating that much. Take a chinese buffet for example used to eat 4 or 5 plates full. Now I can't even finish 1 so I get picky about what I eat. My parents were too busy with their own lives, dad worked a lot so I cooked for myself and my mother had a shit head for a husband in my stepfather, she worked a lot and was in college so there was hardly any direction or consequences. Glad I did the surgery though. Now I am seeing my 2 oldest going down the same road I was on and I am doing the opposite of my parents. After dinner food is put away and no picking at leftovers.

Boredom, depression, frustration, bad habits I was allowed to create as a kid/teenager all led to eating that much. Take a chinese buffet for example used to eat 4 or 5 plates full. Now I can't even finish 1 so I get picky about what I eat. My parents were too busy with their own lives, dad worked a lot so I cooked for myself and my mother had a shit head for a husband in my stepfather, she worked a lot and was in college so there was hardly any direction or consequences. Glad I did the surgery though. Now I am seeing my 2 oldest going down the same road I was on and I am doing the opposite of my parents. After dinner food is put away and no picking at leftovers.
It sounds like you may have a genetic tendency also to get big given your sons are getting big. Good on you for intervening.

It sounds like you may have a genetic tendency also to get big given your sons are getting big. Good on you for intervening.
It's possible. My dad is bigger than I am course he is disabled and is in a wheelchair but before he was that way he was big and I asked him to go with me to the weight loss thing and he refused. He is 64 and if he sees 70 I will be shocked, Both of my parents have thyroid problems but I just got my blood tests back and other than low iron and vitamin D I am perfectly healthy. I don't/can't drink milk and I don't eat red meat so that has to do with my low levels of Vitamin D and Iron.

It's my oldest daughter and son. 13 and 11. Daughter is tall but is also chubby neither of them care for being very active etc so I have to force them lol. Son is also on medicine for his ADHD etc but we are weaning him off of it. They both play in the band so they get SOME exercise, he also wants to play baseball next spring, we tried football but the boy has more of his mother's side in him than my side so that didn't work so well.

It's possible. My dad is bigger than I am course he is disabled and is in a wheelchair but before he was that way he was big and I asked him to go with me to the weight loss thing and he refused. He is 64 and if he sees 70 I will be shocked, Both of my parents have thyroid problems but I just got my blood tests back and other than low iron and vitamin D I am perfectly healthy. I don't/can't drink milk and I don't eat red meat so that has to do with my low levels of Vitamin D and Iron.

It's my oldest daughter and son. 13 and 11. Daughter is tall but is also chubby neither of them care for being very active etc so I have to force them lol. Son is also on medicine for his ADHD etc but we are weaning him off of it. They both play in the band so they get SOME exercise, he also wants to play baseball next spring, we tried football but the boy has more of his mother's side in him than my side so that didn't work so well.
I lost my Dad before age 70, high blood pressure and a bad diet did him in. That gave me the example not to follow.

Forum List

Back