JUST IN: US Supreme Court Officially Asked to Overturn Colorado High Court Decision to Bar Trump From Ballot

Personally I don't think the fourteenth amendment actually applies. Since you would have to show evidence that trump actually had prior knowledge of and conspired with the planners of the attack.

The supreme court will likely base their decision on that, And not whether or not the fourteenth amendment applies to the president, Or whether or not states have the right to enforce it on their own.

The conservatives on the court wouldn't want to create President. That would make it harder to remove a democrat president later on.

In order to be guilty of insurrection, A person has to directly participate in, Or be complicit through prior knowledge of, a conspiracy to committ insurrection. I haven't seen any evidence that trump knew about the attack prior to it happening. The fact that his political rhetoric was the driving force behind the attack is irrelevant. His political rhetoric is technically protected under the first amendment. He had every legal right to question the Legitimacy of the election. Whatever other crimes he committed, Do not constitute insurrection. Interaction specifically means the use of violence to interfere with the legitimate function of government function of government. Is and to be guilty of interaction, One must participate in the conspiracy to perform that violence, Or half prior knowledge that it will take place.

Neither of those things have been proven. So I don't doubt that the supreme court will Overturn the colorado supreme court's ruling on those grounds.

That is not to say that an insurrection didn't take place, Because it did. But there's no evidence that trump was directly involved in planning the violence or had prior knowledge of it. And either of those things would be required for trump to actually be guilty of insurrection.

Personally I don't think the fourteenth amendment actually applies. Since you would have to show evidence that trump actually had prior knowledge of and conspired with the planners of the attack.

The supreme court will likely base their decision on that, And not whether or not the fourteenth amendment applies to the president, Or whether or not states have the right to enforce it on their own.

The conservatives on the court wouldn't want to create President. That would make it harder to remove a democrat president later on.

In order to be guilty of insurrection, A person has to directly participate in, Or be complicit through prior knowledge of, a conspiracy to committ insurrection. I haven't seen any evidence that trump knew about the attack prior to it happening. The fact that his political rhetoric was the driving force behind the attack is irrelevant. His political rhetoric is technically protected under the first amendment. He had every legal right to question the Legitimacy of the election. Whatever other crimes he committed, Do not constitute insurrection. Interaction specifically means the use of violence to interfere with the legitimate function of government function of government. Is and to be guilty of interaction, One must participate in the conspiracy to perform that violence, Or half prior knowledge that it will take place.

Neither of those things have been proven. So I don't doubt that the supreme court will Overturn the colorado supreme court's ruling on those grounds.

That is not to say that an insurrection didn't take place, Because it did. But there's no evidence that trump was directly involved in planning the violence or had prior knowledge of it. And either of those things would be required for trump to actually be guilty of insurrection.

no doubt trump has plenty of deniability. i'm not sure how plausible it is.

that seems to be an inherent weakness in our justice system. with trump we have to prove what he knew and what he intended. all repubs have to do is wave a bloody laptop.

the supreme court will decide what their billionaire sponsors decide. how much do they like trump or his policies?

no doubt trump has plenty of deniability. i'm not sure how plausible it is.

that seems to be an inherent weakness in our justice system. with trump we have to prove what he knew and what he intended. all repubs have to do is wave a bloody laptop.

the supreme court will decide what their billionaire sponsors decide. how much do they like trump or his policies?
That sort of how the law works. If you're going to accuse someone of a crime, You have to prove that they did it. Is what is this case, That means proving that donald trump conspired with the attackers on january six, Or that yet at least knew about the attack before it happened and refused to stop it. Because that is the only way that he would be legally guilty of insurrection.

Now I don't like Trump. I think he's a piece of s*** But I do believe in the rule of law. And I am willing to defend someone I do not like But or even they hate, If I believe they are not being treated equally under the law. And under the law, without there being actual evidence that Trump either directly conspired with the planners of the 1/6 attack, or that he knew that the attack would happen beforehand snd chose to let it happen, then he didn't committ insurrection.

Now there is plenty of other crimes he committed, Such as the fake electors scheme, but those crimes do not condtitute insurrection.

That sort of how the law works. If you're going to accuse someone of a crime, You have to prove that they did it. Is what is this case, That means proving that donald trump conspired with the attackers on january six, Or that yet at least knew about the attack before it happened and refused to stop it. Because that is the only way that he would be legally guilty of insurrection.

Now I don't like Trump. I think he's a piece of s*** But I do believe in the rule of law. And I am willing to defend someone I do not like But or even they hate, If I believe they are not being treated equally under the law. And under the law, without there being actual evidence that Trump either directly conspired with the planners of the 1/6 attack, or that he knew that the attack would happen beforehand snd chose to let it happen, then he didn't committ insurrection.

Now there is plenty of other crimes he committed, Such as the fake electors scheme, but those crimes do not condtitute insurrection.
All these States had trials and hearings to hear testimony and see evidence presented that Trump did in fact "engage in" the insurrection.

All these States had trials and hearings to hear testimony and see evidence presented that Trump did in fact "engage in" the insurrection.
And they were wrong. Which is why I believe the supreme court will overturn their rulings.

Their rulings were not based on any actual evidence that donald trump actually committed insurrection. Those rulings were based on nothing but the fact that his political rhetoric was the driving force behind the attack. The people who planned the attack believed his lies about the election. But that is not enough to legally be found to have committed insurrection. His false claims about the election, At least the ones he made publicly, Are protected under the first Amendment. The fact that someone else believed them and committed an active insurrection based on them Is not enough under the constitution For trump to be found guilty of insurrection. To be guilty of insurrection, A person must actively conspire, Or have prior knowledge of a conspiracy, To commit violence in order to Undermind the legitimate function of government. Because those trials did not include Evidence that doubled trump did either of those things, The supreme court will likely overturn them based on the fact that they violated trump's first amendment rights.

And they were wrong. Which is why I believe the supreme court will overturn their rulings.
Wrong based on what? They gave a pretty thorough presentation.
Their rulings were not based on any actual evidence that donald trump actually committed insurrection. Those rulings were based on nothing but the fact that his political rhetoric was the driving force behind the attack. The people who planned the attack believed his lies about the election. But that is not enough to legally be found to have committed insurrection. His false claims about the election, At least the ones he made publicly, Are protected under the first Amendment. The fact that someone else believed them and committed an active insurrection based on them Is not enough under the constitution For trump to be found guilty of insurrection. To be guilty of insurrection, A person must actively conspire, Or have prior knowledge of a conspiracy, To commit violence in order to Undermind the legitimate function of government. Because those trials did not include Evidence that doubled trump did either of those things, The supreme court will likely overturn them based on the fact that they violated trump's first amendment rights.
No. You don't have a first amendment right to incite an insurrection with your lies.

Wrong based on what? They gave a pretty thorough presentation.

No. You don't have a first amendment right to incite an insurrection with your lies.
If I go on television, And say that the government should be overthrown, And a new government put in its place. That statement is protected under the first amendment. If someone else completely separate from me sees that on television and decides to go blow up a government building, I am not guilty of that act.

The only way I would be guilty is if I conspired with them to blow up that building, Or had prior knowledge that they were going to do it and did nothing to stop it. Someone basing their actions on your political rhetoric, Does not stop your political rhetoric from being protected under the first amendment.

If I go on television, And say that the government should be overthrown, And a new government put in its place. That statement is protected under the first amendment. If someone else completely separate from me sees that on television and decides to go blow up a government building, I am not guilty of that act.
If you prepare and plan and have the power to incite people towards that goal it isn't protected speech. It's incitement and insurrection and to be clear they didn't just use his words as evidence but his actions and preparations as well. It's a pretty detailed indictment of his actions that I'm now sure you didn't even bother to read while coming here to pretend you have any rational basis for disagreement.
The only way I would be guilty is if I conspired with them to blow up that building, Or had prior knowledge that they were going to do it and did nothing to stop it. Someone basing their actions on your political rhetoric, Does not stop your political rhetoric from being protected under the first amendment.
Trump did conspire and plan and lie to subvert the peaceful transfer of power.

If you prepare and plan and have the power to incite people towards that goal it isn't protected speech. It's incitement and insurrection and to be clear they didn't just use his words as evidence but his actions and preparations as well. It's a pretty detailed indictment of his actions that I'm now sure you didn't even bother to read while coming here to pretend you have any rational basis for disagreement.

Trump did conspire and plan and lie to subvert the peaceful transfer of power.
So you can cite evidence That trump participated in the planning of the attack. Because that is required. Unless trump knew beforehand that the Attack was going to happen, Then legally he committed no insurrection.

Spontaneous dispersal of people who were told to make their displeasure heard loudly
Nothing extensively preplanned like lib loons wish

So you can cite evidence That trump participated in the planning of the attack. Because that is required. Unless trump knew beforehand that the Attack was going to happen, Then legally he committed no insurrection.
The Republicans who brought the lawsuit in Colorado presented their evidence and it's the record of the ruling. Didn't you read it? :dunno:

Insurrection is a federal crime. All people are entitled to due process. There has been no criminal trial. Trump has not even been indicted. In fact, the Senate acquitted him of insurrection.

Regards,
Jim

Insurrection is a federal crime. All people are entitled to due process. There has been no criminal trial. Trump has not even been indicted. In fact, the Senate acquitted him of insurrection.

Regards,
Jim
Hey, Lakhota, what part of the above is fake news? I can easily demonstrate that all five sentences are correct. Serious question.

Regards,
Jim

The Republicans who brought the lawsuit in Colorado presented their evidence and it's the record of the ruling. Didn't you read it? :dunno:
The evidence they presented did not include evidence that donald trump had prior knowledge of the attack. Their entire argument was that donald trump's political rhetoric was the basis for the conspiracy was the basis that the attackers used, And therefore donald trump was guilty of insurrection.

They showed no evidence that Trump conspired with them or had prior knowledge of the attack.

Forum List

Back