Just got a 2,000 dollar ER bill

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I had to go to ER and now my insurance is saying it was not an emergency
Wtf

I had racing and irregular heart beat due to drug withdraw.

This is nonsense

I had to go to ER and now my insurance is saying it was not an emergency
Wtf

I had racing and irregular heart beat due to drug withdraw.

This is nonsense
/----/ The hospital will dispute and re-submit the claim. It's standard procedure to deny some medical bills. In the end, they usually pay most of it. Call the hospital billing department.

The hospital will dispute and re-submit the claim. It's standard procedure to deny some medical bills. In the end, they usually pay most of it. Call the hospital billing department.
I can't imagine having to have health insurance and being charged at point of contact for hospital visits. Must make emergency health decisions tricky.

I can't imagine having to have health insurance and being charged at point of contact for hospital visits. Must make emergency health decisions tricky.
/------/ My wife and I didn't have medical insurance when we had our first child in 1975. I had to self-pay $350. And this was at the prestigious NYC Lying-in Hospital.
Soon after, the gubmint got involved in medical insurance, and prices skyrocketed. By the time we had our third child in 1980, the bill was thousands of dollars. fortunately, we had medical insurance through work.

I'm sorry.... but this poster is known for posting all kinds of wild stories and unlikely events.

Y'all are bamboozled

Where do you get the moral authority to force others to pay for your medical bills.
It comes from me paying for their medical bills too. Really, it's just like insurance but with a maximum sized pool and no co-pays or private third parties, making it more efficient.
That's too hard a lesson for deplorables to grasp.

/----/ Where do you get the moral authority to force others to pay for your medical bills.

Those impoverished citizens who cannot afford medical care should not be condemned to die because of a lack of money.

I believe it is in our best interest to pay for their initial care, so it doesn't grow into more serious health issues.

If nothing else, how a nation takes care of the least of its citizens speaks volumes. We are a community.

Those impoverished citizens who cannot afford medical care should not be condemned to die because of a lack of money.

I believe it is in our best interest to pay for their initial care, so it doesn't grow into more serious health issues.

If nothing else, how a nation takes care of the least of its citizens speaks volumes. We are a community.
/-----/ "Those impoverished citizens who cannot afford medical care should not be condemned to die because of a lack of money."

Helping the truly needy is perfectly fine and honorable, but giving everyone a free ride on the backs of taxpayers is morally wrong.
So, in your mind, people who take good care of themselves and lead a healthy lifestyle should pay the medical bills for smokers, morbidly obese and drug addicts? What happened to personal responsiblity?

New Topics

Forum List

Back