Just committed to "off-peak" contract.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Signed up with my utility for off-peak electric rates, which will involve limiting use of major appliances to the hours between 9:00 PM and 10:00 AM. I should save around $30 per month during the summer when I run the ac. Not so much savings in the winter however. But, every dollar counts these days. :)

Signed up with my utility for off-peak electric rates, which will involve limiting use of major appliances to the hours between 9:00 PM and 10:00 AM. I should save around $30 per month during the summer when I run the ac. Not so much savings in the winter however. But, every dollar counts these days. :)
Boy, they saw a sucker coming when they saw you!

What is the power rating of a major appliance; and/or what is a major appliance?

So, what is a major appliance under your contract?

So, what is a major appliance under your contract?
None are specified, but my major electricity users are central air conditioning, washer and dryer, and water distiller. All can be run during off peak hours with no inconvenience. All other users such as tv, lights, computer, fans, hair dryer, etc. also receive the lower rate during this time. Anything I run during peak hours will be billed at peak hour rates. The utility will install a meter that records the "time-of -use" of the power I use. Any power used during off-peak hours is billed at a lower price, in my case about 8 cents per KWH lower than peak rates.

None are specified, but my major electricity users are central air conditioning, washer and dryer, and water distiller. All can be run during off peak hours with no inconvenience. All other users such as tv, lights, computer, fans, hair dryer, etc. also receive the lower rate during this time. Anything I run during peak hours will be billed at peak hour rates. The utility will install a meter that records the "time-of -use" of the power I use. Any power used during off-peak hours is billed at a lower price, in my case about 8 cents per KWH lower than peak rates.

There is no way I am not running my AC to save a few bucks.

Forum List

Back