After reading this article what would you have Biden do?

Are you willing to break our trade commitments so we can have cheaper prices at the pump?

• Yes!

• No!

• Let me just blame Biden like the left Blamed Trump for everything!

• I hate you!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell

After reading the article do you understand Biden can not do much without an Act of Congress?

Now let the attacks on how I am apologizing for Biden when in reality this has been coming for decades, so let blame ourselves for once!

After reading the article do you understand Biden can not do much without an Act of Congress?

Now let the attacks on how I am apologizing for Biden when in reality this has been coming for decades, so let blame ourselves for once!

BS. If he started using his power as commander in chief to have the navy torpedo all these foreign flagged tankers stealing our oil, then the industry would sell at home.

BS. If he started using his power as commander in chief to have the navy torpedo all these foreign flagged tankers stealing our oil, then the industry would sell at home.
No one is stealing the Oil when we legally have trade agreements…

Tell Pelosi and Schumer to do something instead of looking like two dead corpses sitting there and yes Biden look like the third Stooge!

Pretty cool thread. So far, you got a hat trick, on vote in all the bottom three. You still haven't found anybody stupid enough to nationalize the industry, cut exports and make it a domestic market controlled by government. I was the one not willing to break current commitments. I'm surprised there haven't been more honest bumbkins going for answer "let me just blame Biden, like the left blamed trump. That might just be a split decision on the "I hate you" answer.
Like you, I think Joe is between a rock and a hard place, as people think he can do crap, that he just can't or shouldn't.

well lets see,, biden has huge powers over treaties as well as in country drilling which he has restricted greatly,, and he is also the leader of the democrat party and congress is currently controlled by the democrat party, so whats stopping them,,,

OH almost forgot bidens open declaration to switch from fossil to green energy,,

how can you not say its bidens fault??

Pretty cool thread. So far, you got a hat trick, on vote in all the bottom three. You still haven't found anybody stupid enough to nationalize the industry, cut exports and make it a domestic market controlled by government. I was the one not willing to break current commitments. I'm surprised there haven't been more honest bumbkins going for answer "let me just blame Biden, like the left blamed trump. That might just be a split decision on the "I hate you" answer.
Like you, I think Joe is between a rock and a hard place, as people think he can do crap, that he just can't or shouldn't.
That is the whole point of the article and if people read it they would realize there isn’t much Biden can do without Pelosi and Schumer doing something and are they willing to upset the Oil Companies, and those we have Trade Agreements to lower prices here and my opinion is no and especially in a election year…

Don't look for much commentary from the peanut gallery. A couple of things stood out,

The country has a refinery capacity significantly in excess of domestic needs and so exports a considerable volume of refined products including about 1 million barrels per day (mbpd) of gasoline and 1.4 mbpd of diesel and heating oil (for the week ending June 10).

Diesel demand in the US is about 3 million barrels per day. Gasoline is pegging around 9 million barrels per day. Right off the bat you can see why diesel fuel is higher in the US than gasoline, the opposite of the way it is in most parts of the world. We are exporting almost of half of domestic demand. I mean who knew, when Trump said America first he meant American oil companies, not the people.

And then this,

The boom in liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports now sends about 11 percent of U.S. natural gas production abroad (based on shipments from January through March 2022).

That has meant sharply rising costs for residential and industrial heating and for natural gas-based plastics and other chemicals including nitrogen fertilizer derived from natural gas.

Food and gas inflation, that seems to be the complaint. Diesel fuel and fertilizer friends, wake up and smell the coffee. Time we started walking the walk instead of talking the talk when it comes to "America First". Ban the export of diesel, gasoline, and natural gas, it is beyond stupid. We didn't tell European countries to depend on Russia for their natural gas, not our responsibility to bail them out now. When European farmers are paying less for both diesel and fertilizer than we are here in the United States, there is a problem.

That is the whole point of the article and if people read it they would realize there isn’t much Biden can do without Pelosi and Schumer doing something and are they willing to upset the Oil Companies, and those we have Trade Agreements to lower prices here and my opinion is no and especially in a election year…
Why can't Republicans stand up and put America First. Probably need to do that before we can Make America Great Again.

Don't look for much commentary from the peanut gallery. A couple of things stood out,

The country has a refinery capacity significantly in excess of domestic needs and so exports a considerable volume of refined products including about 1 million barrels per day (mbpd) of gasoline and 1.4 mbpd of diesel and heating oil (for the week ending June 10).

Diesel demand in the US is about 3 million barrels per day. Gasoline is pegging around 9 million barrels per day. Right off the bat you can see why diesel fuel is higher in the US than gasoline, the opposite of the way it is in most parts of the world. We are exporting almost of half of domestic demand. I mean who knew, when Trump said America first he meant American oil companies, not the people.

And then this,

The boom in liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports now sends about 11 percent of U.S. natural gas production abroad (based on shipments from January through March 2022).

That has meant sharply rising costs for residential and industrial heating and for natural gas-based plastics and other chemicals including nitrogen fertilizer derived from natural gas.

Food and gas inflation, that seems to be the complaint. Diesel fuel and fertilizer friends, wake up and smell the coffee. Time we started walking the walk instead of talking the talk when it comes to "America First". Ban the export of diesel, gasoline, and natural gas, it is beyond stupid. We didn't tell European countries to depend on Russia for their natural gas, not our responsibility to bail them out now. When European farmers are paying less for both diesel and fertilizer than we are here in the United States, there is a problem.
Issue is we have these agreements and Congress need to think do we break these deals or do we keep them and tell the American public they must suffer?

Now the true question is who was in power when these agreements were made and who was in charge of the passing of these agreements?

Why can't Republicans stand up and put America First. Probably need to do that before we can Make America Great Again.
Both Parties ain’t helping the American consumer…

Now Biden made it clear he ain’t a fan of Big Oil, so don’t expect help from him but when you look over the past three decades you can see we have been heading toward this disaster and no one cares enough to say “ Wait! “…

Honestly, most people on here would rather just blame Joe, as it takes less thought and conforms to their crazy ass "us against them" mindset, always a constructive position in any meaningful dialog or discussion. :auiqs.jpg:

No one is stealing the Oil when we legally have trade agreements…

Tell Pelosi and Schumer to do something instead of looking like two dead corpses sitting there and yes Biden look like the third Stooge!

Torpedoes away. Now.

Practical solutions for practical problems.

Honestly, most people on here would rather just blame Joe, as it takes less thought and conforms to their crazy ass "us against them" mindset, always a constructive position in any meaningful dialog or discussion. :auiqs.jpg:
Yeah, don’t you hate that?

I wouldn’t blame Trump for things that was out of his control and I will not do it to Biden either.

The question from me to you is simple how many people realize this has been coming for decades and when will people realize we need to think long and hard about our trade policies that hurt us here?

You still haven't found anybody stupid enough to nationalize the industry,

The time has come.

If ever there was an industry that merited nationalization, the fossil fuel industry is it. They manipulate prices to both enhance profits and swing elections, bribe their way through the halls of Congress, and pump out a steady stream of lies about climate change. All while pouring hundreds of billions into the money bins of their morbidly rich CEOs, shareholders, and senior executives.

The time has come.

If ever there was an industry that merited nationalization, the fossil fuel industry is it. They manipulate prices to both enhance profits and swing elections, bribe their way through the halls of Congress, and pump out a steady stream of lies about climate change. All while pouring hundreds of billions into the money bins of their morbidly rich CEOs, shareholders, and senior executives.
Being from Chi-town I know the people of Milwaukee had a Communist Mayor and would support the idea of nationalizing the energy sector but most of America would be against it even if they have to pay twenty dollars a gallon for gas and ten dollars for a Apple…

Yeah, don’t you hate that?

I wouldn’t blame Trump for things that was out of his control and I will not do it to Biden either.

The question from me to you is simple how many people realize this has been coming for decades and when will people realize we need to think long and hard about our trade policies that hurt us here?
It is all tied in with globalization, supply side economic and the right to make a profit, and yes, been heading for a head since the Reagan days, to be truthful. People want simple answers to complex questions, so the blame game is just the easy way out, kind of like Congress answers of just kicking the can down the road.

Being from Chi-town I know the people of Milwaukee had a Communist Mayor and would support the idea of nationalizing the energy sector but most of America would be against it even if they have to pay twenty dollars a gallon for gas and ten dollars for a Apple…
Read the article. Republican and Democrat presidents have nationalized multiple industries, often times temporarily. When profits are placed above the well being of the American public it is time to move, and that has almost always been the case with the fossil fuel industry.

The time has come.

Nope. I'll stick with regulated capitalism.

Nope. I'll stick with regulated capitalism.
Who are you kidding. I mean a big part of Trump's appeal was he was going to reduce regulations. Did he? Well yeah, for the fossil fuel industry, but in every other area, regulations actually went up. And overall, yep, they went up. And now look, we are paying the price for that deregulation of the fossil fuel industry. And when Biden attempts to return things to what they used to be, Republicans kick and scream like stuck pigs. Stupid. But did you miss this part of the article I posted,

They manipulate prices to both enhance profits and swing elections,

That is precisely what is happening right now. They are enhancing their profits and attempting to swing the midterms toward Republicans in the hopes of getting MORE deregulation. A serious bipartisan proposal to nationalize the industry and watch gas prices tumble.

Forum List

Back