Judge Warns Florida Man to Not Intimidate Witnesses....

• Banned
Did I fail to include enough Covid-19 disinformation?

Last edited:
  • Banned
licensed-image

Judge Limits Trump’s Ability to Comment on Jan. 6 Evidence

we're talking about the former President of the United States...
non-paywall:

The federal judge overseeing former President Donald J. Trump’s prosecution on charges of seeking to overturn the 2020 election rejected his request on Friday to be able to speak broadly about evidence and witnesses — and warned Mr. Trump she would take necessary “measures” to keep him from intimidating witnesses or tainting potential jurors.
The caution from the judge, Tanya S. Chutkan, came during a 90-minute hearing in Federal District Court in Washington to discuss the scope of a protective order over the discovery evidence in Mr. Trump’s case, a typically routine step in criminal matters. Judge Chutkan said she planned to impose the order but agreed to a modification requested by the Trump legal team that it apply only to “sensitive” materials and not all evidence turned over to the defense.
She concluded the hearing with a blunt warning to Mr. Trump, and an unmistakable reference to a recent social media post in which he warned, “If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” — a statement his spokesman later said was aimed at political opponents and not at people involved in the case.

“I do want to issue a general word of caution — I intend to ensure the orderly administration of justice in this case as I would in any other case, and even arguably ambiguous statements by the parties or their counsel,” she said, could be considered an attempt to “intimidate witnesses or prejudice potential jurors,” triggering the court to take action.

• Banned
non-paywall:

The federal judge overseeing former President Donald J. Trump’s prosecution on charges of seeking to overturn the 2020 election rejected his request on Friday to be able to speak broadly about evidence and witnesses — and warned Mr. Trump she would take necessary “measures” to keep him from intimidating witnesses or tainting potential jurors.
The caution from the judge, Tanya S. Chutkan, came during a 90-minute hearing in Federal District Court in Washington to discuss the scope of a protective order over the discovery evidence in Mr. Trump’s case, a typically routine step in criminal matters. Judge Chutkan said she planned to impose the order but agreed to a modification requested by the Trump legal team that it apply only to “sensitive” materials and not all evidence turned over to the defense.
She concluded the hearing with a blunt warning to Mr. Trump, and an unmistakable reference to a recent social media post in which he warned, “If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” — a statement his spokesman later said was aimed at political opponents and not at people involved in the case.

“I do want to issue a general word of caution — I intend to ensure the orderly administration of justice in this case as I would in any other case, and even arguably ambiguous statements by the parties or their counsel,” she said, could be considered an attempt to “intimidate witnesses or prejudice potential jurors,” triggering the court to take action.
Isn't that kind of talk usually associated with high volume drug dealers and mobsters?

Go ahead and punish Trump for exercising his right to free speech and see what kind of backlash it would cause. It could get him elected president again. And no, he's not shouting fire in a crowded theater so don't go there.

The Democrats have to know that everyone knows what they are doing. They are clearly hoping that we will be helpless to do anything about it.

Whether they are right depends on what shenanigans they can come up with to steal the 2024 election. They have to know that these actions only gain votes for Trump in a year in which Biden has given no one but trannies and student loan deadbeats reason to vote for him. So they are counting on using climate change or some other COVID-like claim of pending disaster to de-democratize the U.S.

The terms are very mild. Trump apparently can still insult and denigrate the Justice system, its judges, DAs and completely misrepresent already published or later-on leaked information or testimony. This “agreement” seems to have given Trump a full pass to continue his lying and personal slurs, and his misrepresentation of the facts of the case. In broadly protecting Trump’s “free speech rights,” the court has given him full reign to declare that all the testimony and each and every indictment is a lie — while he of course will continue to declare all charges against his “perfect” conduct are nothing but “political censorship” and “politicization of the courts” by the Biden Administration / “Deep State.”

Of course this applies only to this stage of this trial. It is still possible that later or elsewhere Trump or his lawyers will be found in contempt of court.

Last edited:
Go ahead and punish Trump for exercising his right to free speech and see what kind of backlash it would cause. It could get him elected president again. And no, he's not shouting fire in a crowded theater so don't go there.
You won't rise from the grave to take Motörhead on the road again?

Has anyone figured out why this had to be pulled from Politics in a record 164 seconds?

Liberals twist everything like a bad infected colon.

At a guess? Very short on original material in the OP....just one sentence and a pay-walled source.
Of course, as usual, ya just might caught the wrong mod at the wrong time.
I think the point was made, and no further qualification required.

This is how judges talk to mob bosses..

Forum List

Back