Judge throws out Biden Healthcare employee vaccine mandate

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
The ruling by U.S. District Judge in St. Louis prevents the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) from enforcing its vaccine mandate for healthcare workers until the court can hear legal challenges brought by the 10 states.

The ruling is the second legal setback for President Joe Biden. A federal appeals court in New Orleans earlier this month blocked a sweeping workplace mandate that requires businesses with at least 100 employees to get their staff vaccinated or tested weekly.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...-vaccine-rule-for-health-workers-in-10-states

It's interesting how the courts seem to be backing mandates enacted by businesses but not by the government. Of course this is a discussion in itself, but just noted.

might be because the government has no authority to mandate anything and a private company does,,

The government mandates all kinds of things. Trade for one. They will tell you with whom and what you can trade. You may not support that but they do.

I edited my response,,

and I trade with anyone I want to and the government isnt even involved,,

Your answer is a lame attempt to deflect from what I said.

Now you changed your initial answer. Big picture, what gives the government the right to regulate one thing but not another?

The ruling by U.S. District Judge in St. Louis prevents the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) from enforcing its vaccine mandate for healthcare workers until the court can hear legal challenges brought by the 10 states.

The ruling is the second legal setback for President Joe Biden. A federal appeals court in New Orleans earlier this month blocked a sweeping workplace mandate that requires businesses with at least 100 employees to get their staff vaccinated or tested weekly.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...-vaccine-rule-for-health-workers-in-10-states

Notice how Biden gets these temporary blocks and then the employers back him up and demand compliance.

But what is most telling is the extent to which you don't want the pandemic to end. When you oppose vaccines and masks, you're really trying to harm the country. Not a good look for you.

Forum List

Back