Judge Sullivan Scrambles For A Lifeline To Bail HIMSELF Out Of Dropped Flynn Case

I believe Sullivan is just trying to get legal opinions other than his own from outside of the case to show how outside the norm this action by the DOJ is as part of the official record. I think he'll sign off on this in a way that makes it possible to bring the charges again at a later date. These briefs will help clarify why that will be justified.

If Sullivan wanted to simply get legal opinions from outside the case while NOT looking like a Deep State Trump-hating Douche Bag determined to make sure Flynn's case does not get dismissed and thus force Trump into pardoning Flynn he would not have gone out and tapped THE most current, vocal. public Trump-hating Clinton-appointed Ex-Judge to come in and argue against Flynn and the DOJ for dropping the case based on unethical / illegal acts perpetrated by the FBI and Mueller Prosecutors.

He would have sought someone wit hat least the appearance of objectivity.

IMHO...
Wow....nice rant.
His show, loser.

His political funeral...

Not even a perjury trap. That isn’t the charge.
There is no longer any 'charge' as the DOJ dropped its entire criminal case

Wow you seriously don't know what the fuck is going on- Flynn already pled guilty and DOJ's motion was HALTED.

Yep, HALTED due to CHARGES BEING DROPPED...dumbass.

I see "Thinker" is at it again. :rolleyes:

Flynn's case is still very much open, he can and probably will still get convicted. Let me know what part of that you are too stupid to understand.

Since there are no longer any charges, what will he be convicted for...Einstein.
There are still charges. The DOJ petioned the judge to drop them. It's his decision to make.
No.
The case isn't the judge VS Michael Flynn.

The judge is there only to act as an arbiter of the facts of the case. He doesn't decide who gets charged or who doesn't. That's up to the State.

It’s a good point, and not an easy case. Flynn is already charged and already pled guilty. It’s unheard of that the charges get dropped in this manner without something new coming to light which materially changes the facts and that just hasn’t happened.

I do think the judge is not at liberty to decline the motion, I could be wrong. But I hope that he calls in the DoJ and demand answers about their shenanigans.

He is at liberty to decline the motion and proceed with sentencing, however, it would get appealed right away.

What this judge will do is carefully dismantle DOJ's motion, so DOJ can't claim it wasn't adequately dealt with on appeal.
Appeal what? He pled guilty.

Barr’s team is trying to argue that he pled to non-crime. That the lying to FBI was not illegal because it wasn’t material to the investigation.

Lead prosecutor on this case strongly disagreed and quit right before this motion was filed.Judge has also ruled that the lying was in fact material. He’ll just beat that horse into the ground now before sentencing.

WTF dood, judges don't prosecute...dumbass.

Moron, Lead Prosecutor and the Judge are two different people.

On the other hand there is only one group of people that think Flynn, who pled his guilt multiple times, is in fact NOT guilty - Trump tools and rightwing nutters that eat their bullshit.

The FBI agents who are on record saying they never found any criminal evidence against Flynn and wanted to close the case ... the FBI agents who are on record stating they did NOIT think Flynn lied ... all say you are a TDS-suffering, lying dumbass..

This is what I get for trying to use reason on morons.

You think to yourself, you know, maybe it's just a temporary judgement lapse from politico cool-aid, maybe if I present a clear argument at some point this person will learn to respond with something sane back - NOPE! This will never happen with Easy.

No shit?! Did you figure that pout yourself, or did CNN or the NY Times feed that to you, like every other opinion / statement that comes out of you?!

:p

Wow you seriously don't know what the fuck is going on- Flynn already pled guilty and DOJ's motion was HALTED.

Flynn's case is still very much open, he can and probably will still get convicted. Let me know what part of that you are too stupid to understand.

Since there are no longer any charges, what will he be convicted for...Einstein.
There are still charges. The DOJ petioned the judge to drop them. It's his decision to make.
No.

The judge is there only to act as an arbiter of the facts of the case. He doesn't decide who gets charged or who doesn't. That's up to the State.

It’s a good point, and not an easy case. Flynn is already charged and already pled guilty. It’s unheard of that the charges get dropped in this manner without something new coming to light which materially changes the facts and that just hasn’t happened.

I do think the judge is not at liberty to decline the motion, I could be wrong. But I hope that he calls in the DoJ and demand answers about their shenanigans.

He is at liberty to decline the motion and proceed with sentencing, however, it would get appealed right away.

What this judge will do is carefully dismantle DOJ's motion, so DOJ can't claim it wasn't adequately dealt with on appeal.

Barr’s team is trying to argue that he pled to non-crime. That the lying to FBI was not illegal because it wasn’t material to the investigation.

Lead prosecutor on this case strongly disagreed and quit right before this motion was filed.Judge has also ruled that the lying was in fact material. He’ll just beat that horse into the ground now before sentencing.

Exactly, and lead prosecutor has dropped charges. Get a fricken clue.

This is what I get for trying to use reason on morons.
No, that's what happens when you attempt to use the little common sense you have - which is less than God gave a door knob - you get kicked in the teeth by Facts.

No.

Barr and his unconfirmed, interim lackey have petitioned the court to drop the charges.

Again it boils down to the mainstream media coverage. So far there is no criticism of the judge and little analysis of his (political) motivation even though he accused Flynn of treason from the bench. If the media was doing it's job, judges like Sullivan would be laughed off the Bench.

"D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order Tuesday indicating that he'll soon accept "amicus curiae," or "friend of the court" submissions, in the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- essentially allowing the court to use an "ask the audience" lifeline in what has already proved to be an unpredictable and chaotic prosecution.

Sullivan's minute order indicated that an upcoming scheduling order would clarify the parameters of who specifically could submit the amicus briefs, which are submissions by non-parties that claim an interest in the case. Sullivan specifically said he anticipates that "individuals and organizations" will file briefs "for the benefit of the court."

The move attracted immediate criticism -- and a planned ethics complaint against Sullivan, who had previously refused to hear amicus briefs in the case. ("Options exist for a private citizen to express his views about matters of public interest, but the Court's docket is not an available option," Sullivan wrote in the past.)

"Judge Sullivan, who denied leave to file amicus briefs when he knew third parties would have spoken favorably of Flynn, now solicits briefs critical of Flynn," independent journalist Michael Cernovich wrote on Twitter. "This is a violation of the judicial oath and applicable ethical rules."

It appears Sullivan, who viciously rebuked Flynn in court based on the lies presented in court now doesn't want to simply drop the case and walk away with egg on his face.

The easiest thing to do to make this all go away quietly would have been to allow the case to be dropped....but it appears Sullivan wants the circus to continue...

1589468885438.png
1589468974041.png
1589469160631.png

Attachments

• 1589468850848.png
    1589468850848.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 24

No.

Stop opening your idiot mouth. Lead Prosecutor resigned from the case rather than sign on to Barr's motion.

Just as prosecutors in Roger Stone case quit in protest of political interference from the top.

No.

Barr and his unconfirmed, interim lackey have petitioned the court to drop the charges.
Jensen dropped charges. He's Senate confirmed from 2017.

But it was Jensen and Jensen alone who wrote the motion. All the career prosecutors dropped out.

Stop opening your idiot mouth. Lead Prosecutor resigned from the case rather than sign on to Barr's motion.

The lead prosecutor got busted withholding information from both Judge Sullivan and Flynn's defense team. In light of the recently released evidence that little bastard wants to get as far away as he can from this case now.

So he calls in an outsider to present some sort of ridiculous argument that Flynn committed perjury when he plead guilty.
Well, Flynn has stated he’s guilty under oath and then he stated he’s not guilty under part, so he would seem to have committed perjury on the face of it.
So you think that's just fucking fine.
Clearly he plead guilty under threat or duress. He literally was forced to plead guilty. Considering the fact that he was refused legal council when questioned originally, and the original lawyers defending him were giving him bad advice, a judge could throw the whole case out of court, but not this one. He's clearly working for the Deep State.
I've heard lots of people say he plead guilty under threat or duress. That's fine to have that opinion, but that argument has never been put forth in court and adjudicated. A judge could throw it out, but since it hasn't been argued and decided, it's speculative. I think Flynn's lawyers should have to present the case. If he truly was unduly coerced into a confession, we need to know. If he wasn't, I think people should shut up about it. If I recall correctly, Powell hasn't actually made this allegation in any motion.

As a point of fact, Flynn was not "refused legal counsel", he declined it voluntarily. And having a bad lawyer does not excuse perjury unless the lawyer committed something completely criminal.
When did he refuse legal council?
Was it on the original 302 that was removed and now found?
I hate to bring you up to date, but the primary reason the prosecutor is dropping the case is because they could not justify further prosecution knowing that if it went to appeals court the whole case would be thrown out. Withholding evidence is a serious matter. The Declassified Docs that were released last week already shows everything I have stated here anyway.

"D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order Tuesday indicating that he'll soon accept "amicus curiae," or "friend of the court" submissions, in the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- essentially allowing the court to use an "ask the audience" lifeline in what has already proved to be an unpredictable and chaotic prosecution.

Sullivan's minute order indicated that an upcoming scheduling order would clarify the parameters of who specifically could submit the amicus briefs, which are submissions by non-parties that claim an interest in the case. Sullivan specifically said he anticipates that "individuals and organizations" will file briefs "for the benefit of the court."

The move attracted immediate criticism -- and a planned ethics complaint against Sullivan, who had previously refused to hear amicus briefs in the case. ("Options exist for a private citizen to express his views about matters of public interest, but the Court's docket is not an available option," Sullivan wrote in the past.)

"Judge Sullivan, who denied leave to file amicus briefs when he knew third parties would have spoken favorably of Flynn, now solicits briefs critical of Flynn," independent journalist Michael Cernovich wrote on Twitter. "This is a violation of the judicial oath and applicable ethical rules."

It appears Sullivan, who viciously rebuked Flynn in court based on the lies presented in court now doesn't want to simply drop the case and walk away with egg on his face.

The easiest thing to do to make this all go away quietly would have been to allow the case to be dropped....but it appears Sullivan wants the circus to continue...

The release of Flynn and now Manifort by the AG have put the Executive Dept. under scrutiny of engaging in extralegal activities which will likely undermine the Administration in every jail and every prison in America.

Two white guys, one convicted by jury, and one who plead guilty of a number of felonies have been released, and both are friends of the President; they who will not serve time based on nothing but one man's loathsome behavior. AG Barr will do anything to protect The President, and this will become the albatross around the neck of the entire "Dept. of Justice, the White House, judges and Warden's all across America

Attorney's all over America will have a powerful argument to commute the sentence of their clients who are in danger of becoming ill with the coronavirus, and will bring evidence that their client is at risk.

Chaos reigns, and has been the theme since DJT took office.

Last edited:
So he calls in an outsider to present some sort of ridiculous argument that Flynn committed perjury when he plead guilty.
Well, Flynn has stated he’s guilty under oath and then he stated he’s not guilty under part, so he would seem to have committed perjury on the face of it.
So you think that's just fucking fine.
Clearly he plead guilty under threat or duress. He literally was forced to plead guilty. Considering the fact that he was refused legal council when questioned originally, and the original lawyers defending him were giving him bad advice, a judge could throw the whole case out of court, but not this one. He's clearly working for the Deep State.
I've heard lots of people say he plead guilty under threat or duress. That's fine to have that opinion, but that argument has never been put forth in court and adjudicated. A judge could throw it out, but since it hasn't been argued and decided, it's speculative. I think Flynn's lawyers should have to present the case. If he truly was unduly coerced into a confession, we need to know. If he wasn't, I think people should shut up about it. If I recall correctly, Powell hasn't actually made this allegation in any motion.

As a point of fact, Flynn was not "refused legal counsel", he declined it voluntarily. And having a bad lawyer does not excuse perjury unless the lawyer committed something completely criminal.
When did he refuse legal council?
Was it on the original 302 that was removed to and now found?
I hate to bring you up to date, but the promary reason the prosecutor is dropping the case is because they could not justify further prosecution knowing that if it went to appeal court the whole case would be thrown out. The Declassified Docs that were released last week already shows everything I have stated.

He refused legal counsel when McCabe called him up and told him that the FBI wanted to sit down with him for a voluntary interview.

The original 302 was never removed.

Nope. The primary prosecutor dropped out in protest after Barr's hand picked political appointee took over the case at the last minute and decided to drop charges based on extremely specious rationale.

The documents released do not demonstrate he pled guilty under duress. The documents released do not demonstrate he was denied a lawyer. The documents released do not support the judge throwing out a conviction. The rationale from Jensen's motion to dismiss is very flawed and relies on an argument that there was no predicate for the voluntary interview when there very clearly was.

The lead prosecutor got busted withholding information from both Judge Sullivan and Flynn's defense team. In light of the recently released evidence that little bastard wants to get as far away as he can from this case now.

"busted"??? There is never any requirement for FBI to share all scraps and notes of all the agents involved in a case. FBI volunteered the notes in this case under pressure from Barr's political appointee and there is no mystery as to why.

This is what special treatment looks like. No one else gets to see this kind of stuff from FBI.

The release of Flynn and now Manifort by the AG have put the Executive Dept. under scrutiny of engaging in extralegal activities which will likely undermine the Administration in every jail and every prison in America.

Two white guys, one convicted by jury, and one who plead guilty of a number of felonies have been released, and both are friends of the President; they who will not serve time based on nothing but one man's loathsome behavior. AG Barr will do anything to protect The President, and this will become the albatross around the neck of the entire "Dept. of Justice, the White House, judges and Warden's all across America

Attorney's all over America will have a powerful argument to commute the sentence of their clients who are in danger of becoming ill with the coronavirus, and will being evidence that their client is at risk of dying.

Interesting how in your diatribe you leave out the overwhelming, massive amount of existing evidence and continuous stream of criminal, unethical, and inappropriate acts evidence committed by the Democrats, Obama and his criminal administration, and Weismann and Mueller and their team more.

Yeah, when you leave all of that out and talk about the BS you just spread without the other facts and in context, you make a convincing argument. Amazing how that happens when you tell only 1 skewed side of something....

:cool:

Attorney's all over America will have a powerful argument to commute the sentence of their clients who are in danger of becoming ill with the coronavirus, and will being evidence that their client is at risk of dying.

You need a safe space and a coloring book, Cupcake?

"busted"??? There is never any requirement for FBI to share all scraps and notes of all the agents involved in a case.

Thank you for proving you are completely ignorant to the legal process and the court system in cases like this.

It is ILLEGAL for prosecutors to withhold exculpatory evidence.

Sounds about right for a Mueller case, seeing as he knowingly put innocent men in prison in the past and showed no remorse for doing so after the truth came ut and they were released.

I guess you thought Obama's DOJ and FBI were perfectly okay to hold exculpatory information from the FISA Courts, as long as they did not get caught.

WTF?!

Forum List

Back