Judge Sullivan Scrambles For A Lifeline To Bail HIMSELF Out Of Dropped Flynn Case

"D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order Tuesday indicating that he'll soon accept "amicus curiae," or "friend of the court" submissions, in the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- essentially allowing the court to use an "ask the audience" lifeline in what has already proved to be an unpredictable and chaotic prosecution.

Sullivan's minute order indicated that an upcoming scheduling order would clarify the parameters of who specifically could submit the amicus briefs, which are submissions by non-parties that claim an interest in the case. Sullivan specifically said he anticipates that "individuals and organizations" will file briefs "for the benefit of the court."

The move attracted immediate criticism -- and a planned ethics complaint against Sullivan, who had previously refused to hear amicus briefs in the case. ("Options exist for a private citizen to express his views about matters of public interest, but the Court's docket is not an available option," Sullivan wrote in the past.)

"Judge Sullivan, who denied leave to file amicus briefs when he knew third parties would have spoken favorably of Flynn, now solicits briefs critical of Flynn," independent journalist Michael Cernovich wrote on Twitter. "This is a violation of the judicial oath and applicable ethical rules."

It appears Sullivan, who viciously rebuked Flynn in court based on the lies presented in court now doesn't want to simply drop the case and walk away with egg on his face.

The easiest thing to do to make this all go away quietly would have been to allow the case to be dropped....but it appears Sullivan wants the circus to continue...

As my degree is in Criminal Justice, not Law, I am quite uncertain, but I believe that Amicus Briefs, are not for criminal, but rather civil cases.
Clearly these communists are exploring the boundaries of our justice system to see what they can get away with.

He is at liberty to decline the motion and proceed with sentencing, however, it would get appealed right away.

I'm not going to continue to argue with you, as facts do not seem to phase you. I will just ask you to provide a link to confirm your statement.

In the meantime, the judge has:
1) Declared he intends to do something he stated 24 times in this case he would NOT do / allow.

2) Called upon a 2nd Judge, a retired Trump-hating judge who just 2 days ago wrote an anti-Trump Op-Ed, to step in to argue against why the DOJ's dismissal of the case against Flynn should be ignored, a move the vast majority of liberal and conservative judges are calling nearly unprecedented and unheard of.

Sullivan obviously is against dropping the case against Flynn, despite the unethical and criminal acts perpetrated by both the FBI and Mueller prosecutors; however, as an active Judge still on the bench he does not want to personally be the one to make the decision to reject the DOJ's dismissal. He wants the ability to blame / point to someone else, which is where this outside Trump-hating retired judge comes in.

It's Sullivan's job to make the ruling, but he does not have the balls to do it because his personal decision is based on partisanship. He doesn't want it to appear that way; however, by going against what he declared 24 times he would NOT allow in this case and bringing in a Trump-hating former Judge who just wrote an anti-Trump Op-Ed, he is doing everything he can to prove his actions are now politically biased except perhaps for writing it on his forehead.

BOTTOM LINE:

Sullivan is doing the Democrats' bidding right now by taking this action. Sullivan WILL NOT allow this case to drop - MARK MY WORDS. The DOJ appropriately dropping this case allows Flynn to walk without the Left's ability to blame President Trump.

Democrats want to turn the tables and make this decision / case NOT about the unethical and illegal set up and take-down of Flynn by Obama and his FBI. THEY SEEK TO MAKE IT ALL ABOUT PRESIDENT TRUMP BY FORCING HIM TO PARDON FLYNN.

That's the only way the Democrats, Obama, Biden, et al... have any chance of spinning this whole mess they created, any chance they have to save face, and accuse President TRUMP of being the one doing something wrong here, despite the pathetic travesty Sullivan is engaging in right now to make this happen.

THAT IS THE BOTTOM-LINE GOAL NOW FOR THE DEMOCRATS.

He is at liberty to decline the motion and proceed with sentencing, however, it would get appealed right away.

I'm not going to continue to argue with you, as facts do not seem to phase you. I will just ask you to provide a link to confirm your statement.

1) Declared he intends to do something he stated 24 times in this case he would NOT do / allow.

2) Called upon a 2nd Judge, a retired Trump-hating judge who just 2 days ago wrote an anti-Trump Op-Ed, to step in to argue against why the DOJ's dismissal of the case against Flynn should be ignored, a move the vast majority of liberal and conservative judges are calling nearly unprecedented and unheard of.

Sullivan obviously is against dropping the case against Flynn, despite the unethical and criminal acts perpetrated by both the FBI and Mueller prosecutors; however, as an active Judge still on the bench he does not want to personally be the one to make the decision to reject the DOJ's dismissal. He wants the ability to blame / point to someone else, which is where this outside Trump-hating retired judge comes in.

It's Sullivan's job to make the ruling, but he does not have the balls to do it because his personal decision is based on partisanship. He doesn't want it to appear that way; however, by going against what he declared 24 times he would NOT allow in this case and bringing in a Trump-hating former Judge who just wrote an anti-Trump Op-Ed, he is doing everything he can to prove his actions are now politically biased except perhaps for writing it on his forehead.

BOTTOM LINE:

Sullivan is doing the Democrats' bidding right now by taking this action. Sullivan WILL NOT allow this case to drop - MARK MY WORDS. The DOJ appropriately dropping this case allows Flynn to walk without the Left's ability to blame President Trump.

Democrats want to turn the tables and make this decision / case NOT about the unethical and illegal set up and take-down of Flynn by Obama and his FBI. THEY SEEK TO MAKE IT ALL ABOUT PRESIDENT TRUMP BY FORCING HIM TO PARDON FLYNN.

That's the only way the Democrats, Obama, Biden, et al... have any chance of spinning this whole mess they created, any chance they have to save face, and accuse President TRUMP of being the one doing something wrong here, despite the pathetic travesty Sullivan is engaging in right now to make this happen.

lol “descision based on partisanship”??

Flynn broke the law multiple times and pled guilty to this judge. And you think the only thing that could explain a judge thinking that Flynn is in fact guilty is PARTISANSHIP?

This, while while you think career prosecutors getting pushed out to make way for Trump’s AG hand picked political appointee to file “let Flynn go” motion IS NOT political interference in the case???

You are a moron through and through. A brain dead politico tool like I’ve rarely seen.

Last edited:

BOTTOM LINE:

lol “descision based on partisanship”??

Flynn broke the law multiple times and pled guilty to this judge. And you think the only thing that could explain a judge thinking that Flynn is in fact guilty is PARTISANSHIP?

You are a moron through and through.
Regardless of your OPINION, Sullivan has had the decision to accept the DOJ rebuking the FBI and Prosecutor and dropping the case against Flynn placed in HIS hands.

The gutless partisan POS has opted to - again - do what he declared 24 times in this case what he would NOT do AND has sought out a retired Trump-hating judge who just 2 days ago wrote an anti-Trump OP-ED.

This move stinks like a Chicago slaughter house in mid-August, an obvious politically partisan moved designed to pass the buck to someone else rather than Sullivan doiung his f*ing job and make the call.

This case is NOT about President Trump - its about Flynn; however, Sullivan just sent up a huge flare / signal that he is making it about Trump by calling in this liberal Trump-hating ex-Judge.

By doing so, the 'fix' is in - Sullivan, as I stated, will NOT simply accept the DOJ dropping the case, will sentence Flynn, and FORCE the President to correct the injustice by pardoning Flynn, which the conspirators will then try to use against the President.

Not even a perjury trap. That isn’t the charge.
There is no longer any 'charge' as the DOJ dropped its entire criminal case

Wow you seriously don't know what the fuck is going on- Flynn already pled guilty and DOJ's motion was HALTED.

Yep, HALTED due to CHARGES BEING DROPPED...dumbass.

I see "Thinker" is at it again. :rolleyes:

Flynn's case is still very much open, he can and probably will still get convicted. Let me know what part of that you are too stupid to understand.

Since there are no longer any charges, what will he be convicted for...Einstein.
There are still charges. The DOJ petioned the judge to drop them. It's his decision to make.
No.
The case isn't the judge VS Michael Flynn.

The judge is there only to act as an arbiter of the facts of the case. He doesn't decide who gets charged or who doesn't. That's up to the State.

It’s a good point, and not an easy case. Flynn is already charged and already pled guilty. It’s unheard of that the charges get dropped in this manner without something new coming to light which materially changes the facts and that just hasn’t happened.

I do think the judge is not at liberty to decline the motion, I could be wrong. But I hope that he calls in the DoJ and demand answers about their shenanigans.

What this judge will do is carefully dismantle DOJ's motion, so DOJ can't claim it wasn't adequately dealt with on appeal.
Appeal what? He pled guilty.

Barr’s team is trying to argue that he pled to non-crime. That the lying to FBI was not illegal because it wasn’t material to the investigation.

Lead prosecutor on this case strongly disagreed and quit right before this motion was filed.Judge has also ruled that the lying was in fact material. He’ll just beat that horse into the ground now before sentencing.

Wow you seriously don't know what the fuck is going on- Flynn already pled guilty and DOJ's motion was HALTED.

Flynn's case is still very much open, he can and probably will still get convicted. Let me know what part of that you are too stupid to understand.

Since there are no longer any charges, what will he be convicted for...Einstein.
There are still charges. The DOJ petioned the judge to drop them. It's his decision to make.
No.

The judge is there only to act as an arbiter of the facts of the case. He doesn't decide who gets charged or who doesn't. That's up to the State.

It’s a good point, and not an easy case. Flynn is already charged and already pled guilty. It’s unheard of that the charges get dropped in this manner without something new coming to light which materially changes the facts and that just hasn’t happened.

I do think the judge is not at liberty to decline the motion, I could be wrong. But I hope that he calls in the DoJ and demand answers about their shenanigans.

What this judge will do is carefully dismantle DOJ's motion, so DOJ can't claim it wasn't adequately dealt with on appeal.

Barr’s team is trying to argue that he pled to non-crime. That the lying to FBI was not illegal because it wasn’t material to the investigation.

Lead prosecutor on this case strongly disagreed and quit right before this motion was filed.Judge has also ruled that the lying was in fact material. He’ll just beat that horse into the ground now before sentencing.
Well the Devil appears to be in the details.....and the Judge is advocating against Flynn for political reasons.
So he calls in an outsider to present some sort of ridiculous argument that Flynn committed perjury when he plead guilty.
Gleason has nothing to do with this case....but the Obama people and the Hillary people want to try to force Trump to pardon Flynn to discredit him.
In truth....the excuse they're using to string this out never has been done before in a criminal trial....only civil suits.
It's really just punishment because the judge doesn't like Flynn.
That's really all this is. Nothing but legal harassment.

So he calls in an outsider to present some sort of ridiculous argument that Flynn committed perjury when he plead guilty.
Well, Flynn has stated he’s guilty under oath and then he stated he’s not guilty under part, so he would seem to have committed perjury on the face of it.

US Citizens - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM - have both Constitutional and Civil rights. Whether Guilty of Innocent, the investigators / law enforcers are tasked with catching the bad guys without breaking laws or violating those Rights. The prosecution is tasked with making a case without breaking laws and without violating civil rights. If the law enforcers or prosecution breaks the law or violates those rights, in many / most cases the Judge / court has no option but to toss the case. If he doesn't it sets up the ground for an appeal. The law enforcers and prosecutor also could face punishment. Many criminals go free because one or the other fails to do their job legally.

In this case, evidence has revealed the FBI continued to investigate Flynn despite FBI Agents declaring they found nothing and were about to close the case. The FBI continued to keep the case open in hopes that they would find (or manufacture) something during their continued (at that point) fishing expedition. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED, AS THE DOJ EXPLAINED.

Comey bragged publicly about how he set Flynn up - this is not in dispute. The video and transcripts have been posted numerous times. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED

FBI agents involved stated they did not believe Flynn lied; however, co-conspirator Stzok overrode them and had Flynn Charged. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED / SHOWS STRZOK PERHAPS MANUFACTURED A CRIME.

Evidence / testimony shows Flynn was coerced into making the guilty plea, whether you agree or not. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED

Recently released official Russian Probe transcripts / files show the FBI withheld exculpatory information from both the Judge and the defense and also shows the FBI and the Prosecutors withheld key information from the defense. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED

Whether you like it or not....whether Flynn is guilty of crimes or not, the FBI and Prosecutors are guilty of misconduct, and Flynn's Constitutional and Civil Rights were violated. The way the Justice system works - or is supposed to work - when this happens the case is dismissed.

LIKE IT OR NOT - the FBI and Mueller Prosecutors FAILED to do their job legally, ethically, and thus jeopardized the entire case they were trying to make

THAT is why the DOJ stepped in, pointed out the FBI and Prosecutorial misconduct, and dropped the case.,

From a 'JUSTICE' standpoint and from a 'Constitutional / Civil Rights' standpoint - NOT a 'partisan' standpoint, whether Flynn is guilty or not of other crimes is pretty much MOOT because of the actions of the FBI and the Prosecutors in this case. I would make this argument if it was Flynn or Clapper / Brennan / Hillary.

The FBI and Mueller Prosecution F*ED UP, committing unethical / illegal / unacceptable acts.

Sullivan knows this to be the case...and his own actions now - as noted by legal experts on both sides - are purely partisan. Violating his own decision he declared 24 times in this case, going outside the case to task a known Trump-hating ex-Judge who just 2 days ago wrote a Trump-hating Op-Ed rant to decide the case is beyond unethical and irresponsible.

The gutless POS didn't even TRY to appoint someone who even remotely seemed objective.

Again, Sullivan has violated his judicial oath and is carrying out the Anti-Trump agenda now of FORCING Trump to pardon Flynn.

1. Flynn did plea guilty to a non-crime. Revealed / released Russia Probe and FBI documents show the FBI Agents involved in Flynn's interview stated they did NOIT believe Flynn lied. It was only Strzok who overrode their call and charged Flynn with lying to the FBI (You snowflakes continue to ignore / claim this is false without acknowledging the existing evidence).

2. The DOJ also poited out:
-- The interrogation of Flynn occurred AFTER the FBI had already determined that there was no evidence of crime committed by Flynn in talking to the Russians, MEANING there was no legitimate reason to continue the investigation. This is confirmed in the released documents bt the FBI Agents conducting the investigation declaring they had found no evidence and recommended closing the case. Once again, it was only STRZOK who stepped in and demanded the case be kept open...without any legitimate reason to do so.

-- Comey publicly admitted he circumvented the standard process of notifying the WH and WH Counsel that he wsas going to have FBI Agents interrogate a Senior Member of the WH Staff because he wanted to catch Flynn off-guard and without legal representation. McCabe even told Flynn there was no need to have a lawyer present, which is completely 180 degrees out from the Constitutional Rights the FBI was supposed to remind Flynn he had before they began asking him questions.,

FACE IT - BE HONEST FOR A CHANGE - THE FBI AND MUELLER PROSECUTORS DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO SET UP FLYNN AND PROSECUTE HIM, TO INCLUDE WITHHOLDING INFRMATION FROM HIS DEFENSE TEAMAND THE JUDGE!

Winner winner chicken dinner - Home | Facebook

No.

He still has no grounds for an appeal, he pled guilty. All he can do is petition the court to vacate his plea. He also doesn't need to appeal, Impeached Trump has a pardon with Flynn's name on it.

No.

Well the Devil appears to be in the details.....and the Judge is advocating against Flynn for political reasons.
Gleason has nothing to do with this case....but the Obama people and the Hillary people want to try to force Trump to pardon Flynn to discredit him.
In truth....the excuse they're using to string this out never has been done before in a criminal trial....only civil suits.
Nope, this judge is being consistent. He already rejected this nonsense by Flynn last year when he tried pushing this nonsense.

US Citizens - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM - have both Constitutional and Civil rights. Whether Guilty of Innocent, the investigators / law enforcers are tasked with catching the bad guys without breaking laws or violating those Rights. The prosecution is tasked with making a case without breaking laws and without violating civil rights. If the law enforcers or prosecution breaks the law or violates those rights, in many / most cases the Judge / court has no option but to toss the case. If he doesn't it sets up the ground for an appeal. The law enforcers and prosecutor also could face punishment. Many criminals go free because one or the other fails to do their job legally.

In this case, evidence has revealed the FBI continued to investigate Flynn despite FBI Agents declaring they found nothing and were about to close the case. The FBI continued to keep the case open in hopes that they would find (or manufacture) something during their continued (at that point) fishing expedition. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED, AS THE DOJ EXPLAINED.

Comey bragged publicly about how he set Flynn up - this is not in dispute. The video and transcripts have been posted numerous times. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED

FBI agents involved stated they did not believe Flynn lied; however, co-conspirator Stzok overrode them and had Flynn Charged. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED / SHOWS STRZOK PERHAPS MANUFACTURED A CRIME.

Evidence / testimony shows Flynn was coerced into making the guilty plea, whether you agree or not. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED

Recently released official Russian Probe transcripts / files show the FBI withheld exculpatory information from both the Judge and the defense and also shows the FBI and the Prosecutors withheld key information from the defense. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED

Whether you like it or not....whether Flynn is guilty of crimes or not, the FBI and Prosecutors are guilty of misconduct, and Flynn's Constitutional and Civil Rights were violated. The way the Justice system works - or is supposed to work - when this happens the case is dismissed.

LIKE IT OR NOT - the FBI and Mueller Prosecutors FAILED to do their job legally, ethically, and thus jeopardized the entire case they were trying to make

THAT is why the DOJ stepped in, pointed out the FBI and Prosecutorial misconduct, and dropped the case.,

From a 'JUSTICE' standpoint and from a 'Constitutional / Civil Rights' standpoint - NOT a 'partisan' standpoint, whether Flynn is guilty or not of other crimes is pretty much MOOT because of the actions of the FBI and the Prosecutors in this case. I would make this argument if it was Flynn or Clapper / Brennan / Hillary.

The FBI and Mueller Prosecution F*ED UP, committing unethical / illegal / unacceptable acts.

Sullivan knows this to be the case...and his own actions now - as noted by legal experts on both sides - are purely partisan. Violating his own decision he declared 24 times in this case, going outside the case to task a known Trump-hating ex-Judge who just 2 days ago wrote a Trump-hating Op-Ed rant to decide the case is beyond unethical and irresponsible.

The gutless POS didn't even TRY to appoint someone who even remotely seemed objective.

Again, Sullivan has violated his judicial oath and is carrying out the Anti-Trump agenda now of FORCING Trump to pardon Flynn.
LOL

Poor, baby, Flynn lied and got caught. Deal with it.

Well, Flynn has stated he’s guilty under oath and then he stated he’s not guilty under part, so he would seem to have committed perjury on the face of it.
So you think that's just fucking fine.
Clearly he plead guilty under threat or duress. He literally was forced to plead guilty. Considering the fact that he was refused legal council when questioned originally, and the original lawyers defending him were giving him bad advice, a judge could throw the whole case out of court, but not this one. He's clearly working for the Deep State.

So you think that's just fucking fine.
Clearly he plead guilty under threat or duress. He literally was forced to plead guilty. Considering the fact that he was refused legal council when questioned originally, and the original lawyers defending him were giving him bad advice, a judge could throw the whole case out of court, but not this one. He's clearly working for the Deep State.
I've heard lots of people say he plead guilty under threat or duress. That's fine to have that opinion, but that argument has never been put forth in court and adjudicated. A judge could throw it out, but since it hasn't been argued and decided, it's speculative. I think Flynn's lawyers should have to present the case. If he truly was unduly coerced into a confession, we need to know. If he wasn't, I think people should shut up about it. If I recall correctly, Powell hasn't actually made this allegation in any motion.

As a point of fact, Flynn was not "refused legal counsel", he declined it voluntarily. And having a bad lawyer does not excuse perjury unless the lawyer committed something completely criminal.

Judge Sulliven was right when he accused Flynn of being treasonous. Glad he is taking the time to consider this at least.
What did Flynn do to be treasonous?

Did he unmask dozens of his opponents in supposed wiretaps of enemies of our nation?

Did he investigate people who had not commited crimes simply because they were political opponents?

Did he threaten to go after their children?

Coyote, you are full of shyte on this one.

Nope.. Never was charged with that.. Mueller concluded NO american "colluded with Russia" on Russian election interference.. Talking with Kislyak was HIS DUTY as incoming NSAdvisor on the Transitition team.. He talked on the phone to Kislyak about 5 or 6 times and the FBI Intel Division found NO WRONGDOING..
Whats more, the FBI knew Flynn had a clean legal call witht he Russian ambassador without any question.

They interviewed him without a lawyer present or telling him his interview was part of a criminal investigation. That means EVERYTHING Flynn said was not material.

Judge Sulliven was right when he accused Flynn of being treasonous. Glad he is taking the time to consider this at least.

What TREASON did Flynn commit??

Colluding with Russians.

Nope.. Never was charged with that.. Mueller concluded NO american "colluded with Russia" on Russian election interference.. Talking with Kislyak was HIS DUTY as incoming NSAdvisor on the Transitition team.. He talked on the phone to Kislyak about 5 or 6 times and the FBI Intel Division found NO WRONGDOING..

Try again..
It was not his duty. We already had an NSA.
Do you know WTF a transition team is, Dummy?

The Last Refuge

Outrageous – Flynn Judge Orders Retired Judicial Ally to File Brief Supporting Prosecution of Michael Flynn…

Posted on May 13, 2020 by sundance

Excerpt:

Stunning and outrageous doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of this move by DC Judge Emett Sullivan in the Flynn case.

Judge Sullivan is requesting retired judge John Gleeson to file an amicus brief outlining why: (a) the charge against Flynn should not be dropped; and (b) frame the argument about how to prosecute Flynn for perjury.

LINK

=====

It appears to be another venal attempt to trash innocent people because they are disliked. The Judge is now acting like a rogue lawyer, trying to dredge up a series of bogus hurdles to a now dead case, the one the Lead Prosecutor dropped....., the one the DOJ dropped.
Flynn lied. Flynn admitted he lied. Flynn pled guilty to criminal charges. Why shouldn't the judge proceed with sentencing?
It was a shit case from day one, and it is blowing up in the FBI's face.

Forum List

Back