Judge rules against Qualified Immunity for police officer who violated man's 4th Amendment rights.

I have no idea how this officer thought he had to right to go into a persons house in the first place let alone with guns drawn.

Maybe they will start to learn what they can and can not do when we hold more of them personally responsible for violating people's rights.

Judge rules for Black man arrested in his new Monona home
Looks like lawsuit is BS to me. Furdge should not have sued. He was not abused while the put cuffs on for the protection of everybody involved and even checked with Furdge if the cuff fit was ok and it was. Officer were not abusive in speech. It was quickly resolved as probably proper and OK. Cuffs were removed while awaiting confirmation. By the end, Furdge was conversational and smiling while talking. Officer apologized for the intrusion. Yep. Lawsuit was BS and the judge full of BS.

Looks like lawsuit is BS to me. Furdge should not have sued. He was not abused while the put cuffs on for the protection of everybody involved and even checked with Furdge if the cuff fit was ok and it was. Officer were not abusive in speech. It was quickly resolved as probably proper and OK. Cuffs were removed while awaiting confirmation. By the end, Furdge was conversational and smiling while talking. Officer apologized for the intrusion. Yep. Lawsuit was BS and the judge full of BS.

Violating one's civil rights doesn't become acceptable just because they didn't beat him.

Violating one's civil rights doesn't become acceptable just because they didn't beat him.
Furdge should not get jacksh#t in the lawsuit. If here, he would not. Out on the left coast, he might, but that does not mean he was harmed in any way. Without loss, he should not benefit, is my opinion. He would not get anything here. He should go smiling on his way, smiling in his sweatpants as he was when the police apologized for the inconvenience and left. Makes me wonder who told him he might make a bundle off the encounter, probably a lawyer or activist.

The judge is in the wrong. Police do have that right, it's called reasonable suspicion. This guy didn't live there previously and criminals often target homes of the deceased. When my neighbor passed away from lung cancer somebody broke into her home and stole all the copper pipes.

In any case they had a testimony from a neighbor that a stranger was in the house that shouldn't be there.

Furdge should not get jacksh#t in the lawsuit. If here, he would not. Out on the left coast, he might, but that does not mean he was harmed in any way. Without loss, he should not benefit, is my opinion. He would not get anything here. He should go smiling on his way, smiling in his sweatpants as he was when the police apologized for the inconvenience and left. Makes me wonder who told him he might make a bundle off the encounter, probably a lawyer or activist.

He won't get a dime. In order to make a claim you have to prove you had some sort of loss.

Looks like lawsuit is BS to me. Furdge should not have sued. He was not abused while the put cuffs on for the protection of everybody involved and even checked with Furdge if the cuff fit was ok and it was.
Wow. So if police enter your home and cuff you, (for the protection of everybody) you're all good with that?

Last edited:
Wow. So if police enter your home and cuff you, you're all good with that?

I am. In fact I'd thank them.

So let's say this guy didn't live there and he was robbing the place as the neighbor suspected. The police call him out and he doesn't respond. They just shrug their shoulders and leave, would you be happy about that if you were the home owner and some clown ripped you off for 10 grand and your guns?

Wow. So if police enter your home and cuff you, you're all good with that?
You have to realize....this is the same mindset that would hand out milk and cookies to a violent mob breaking into their home or place of work......................as per their mindless support of Darwin Award Winner Babbitt.

He was not abused while the put cuffs on for the protection of everybody involved and even checked with Furdge if the cuff fit was ok and it was.
I love it. Should not the police have then also have been cuffed for the 'protection of everybody' as long as the cuff fit was okay?

Thank you for that obvious fact. Sad how some are willing to accept a violation of rights..........in others.

What violation of their rights? Police have the authority to search a car or residence if there is reasonable suspicion. That's been ruled on generations ago. Police had every reason to believe somebody may be robbing an unoccupied home. That's reasonable to me.

I am. In fact I'd thank them.

So let's say this guy didn't live there and he was robbing the place as the neighbor suspected. The police call him out and he doesn't respond. They just shrug their shoulders and leave, would you be happy about that if you were the home owner and some clown ripped you off for 10 grand and your guns?

Knock more than once. Knock on the back door. Do your job and watch the house for televisions leaving out the front door.

Ask the neighbors. The police do not have the right to violate anyone's civil rights because of a nosy neighbor.

Knock more than once. Knock on the back door. Do your job and watch the house for televisions leaving out the front door.

Ask the neighbors. The police do not have the right to violate anyone's civil rights because of a nosy neighbor.

Your OP didn't say they knocked, they said police yelled for him to come out which he didn't.

You have to realize....this is the same mindset that would hand out milk and cookies to a violent mob breaking into their home or place of work......................as per their mindless support of Darwin Award Winner Babbitt.

I said the police had no justifications for shooting her. But we will note your hypocrisy.

Your OP didn't say they knocked, they said police yelled for him to come out which he didn't.

They should have knocked. Knocked 7-8 times if necessary. With NO evidence of any crime being committed they had NO other choice as this ruling points out.

They should have knocked. Knocked 7-8 times if necessary. With NO evidence of any crime being committed they had NO other choice as this ruling points out.

Right, and while they are knocking a real burglar would be sneaking out the other door. Maybe after they knocked for 20 minutes, he'd be home by then with all the jewelry, cash and guns he stole.

Right, and while they are knocking a real burglar would be sneaking out the other door. Maybe after they knocked for 20 minutes, he'd be home by then with all the jewelry, cash and guns he stole.

There was two of them. They had ZERO evidence any crime was being committed. ZERO.

Forum List

Back