Judge rules against Qualified Immunity for police officer who violated man's 4th Amendment rights.

You've not seen what cops do to dogs. They shoot them.
That would be different, but probably not settled in court, more likely, then and there. It's been fun, but I'm just a pecker wood living in a house with too many guns.
1645233159417.jpeg

You have to suppose with a story like this.

If I came home and found my house had been robbed, called the police, and they told me there were here while I was being robbed, I think I'd be pretty pissed about it.

You were here and you didn't arrest them, why?
Because we called whoever was in the house out and he didn't respond, so we just left!
You left after my neighbor called you out telling you there was somebody in my house that wasn't me?
Yeah, you know, we didn't want to violate his rights just in case they were allowed to be there!
So you didn't pursue the matter further until you knew for sure?
You betcha!
"If"
No Ray. You don't.

We'll see more of this as the anti-cop movement drives down the quality of the average recruit.

It's already happening.

Last summer I had a one on one with our police chief. It was a city zoom meeting but I was the only one that showed up since it was rescheduled last minute.

When I asked the chief if there was a problem with money getting more officers, he told me they have money for five more, but they can't get anybody to apply. He said when he applied to be an officer in our city back in 1990, he was up against 950 other applicants for one opening. Today he said, when we advertise for a new officer, we're lucky to get 20 applicants. out of them, a good percentage won't be able to pass the exam, out of the ones that do, some of them fail the academy, and even if they pass the academy, many times they can't catch on to the job and we let them go.

It's not just our problem he added, this is a nationwide problem.

She isn't the one who violated his rights.
Karen is the one that gave the police reasonable suspicion a crime might be taking place. They had to follow up. It is their job.

I'm sure you are in the "milk n' cookies" camp if she was the lead element in a violent mob breaking down your home or business's front door.

If she got through, the cop is standing right there. Arrest her.

Instead of a snarky reply why dont you answer the question?

if it was your house being robbed and a neighbor called the cops I bet you would be really mad if they did nothing to stop it

Nobodies house was being robbed.

If I were in that situation, and it handled that way, no violence, no disrespect, no abuse on the cuffing and I was smiling and chatting at the end, I would not be drawn into filing a lawsuit, just to get some free money from the city.
Well if police cuffed me in my own residence I'd be on the phone to a lawyer before they were out the door.

Forum List

Back