Judge Reminds RNC That Riot Was Not 'Legitimate Political Discourse'

I believe a riot can indeed be a valid legitimate political action. As I have noted many times the founders understood it would be needed from time to time.

I don't believe that believing a poor losers lies is a good reason to do so though.
If this occurred in the early years of our democratic Republic I'm certain the founding fathers would have hung all the insurrectionists.

A federal judge took aim at the Republican National Committee’s recent distortion of reality during sentencing for a violent Capitol rioter.

“It is not ‘legitimate political discourse,’” Judge Amy Berman Jackson said during her Thursday sentencing of Mark Leffingwell, who will spend six months in prison for assaulting police at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 last year.

Jackson was referring to the RNC’s description of the riot that left five people dead and more than 140 officers injured as “legitimate political discourse” when the group censured two of their own party members last week for daring to suggest that the Capitol attack was, in fact, an attack.

“So, it needs to be crystal clear that it is not patriotism,” she said. “It is not standing up for America. It is not ‘legitimate political discourse,’ and it is not justified to descend on the nation’s Capitol at the direction of a disappointed candidate and disrupt the national process.”

The RNC censured Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) for participating in the House committee investigating the attack.

I totally agree with Judge Amy Berman Jackson! What do you think?
I think the RNC has been totally corrupted by far-right extremists. This shows a total disrespect for any and all authority, other than themselves.

BLM protestors were part of an interstate anarchist movement and could have come under the jurisdiction of the Feds but it was more convenient to offer light sentences in local courts. The media was outraged about a quirky dressed Jan 6 demonstrator and federal courts gave the guy 4 freaking years for doing nothing but offending the dress code. A violent criminal commits the worst kind of murder by intentionally burning someone to death and the media didn't seem to mind that a friendly local judge gave him a slap on the wrist where the death penalty would have been applicable.
But the looting / rioting wasnt incited by BLM. The looting / rioting was just random street thugs, which is handled under local jurisdictions.

“It is not ‘legitimate political discourse,’” Judge Amy Berman Jackson said during her Thursday sentencing of Mark Leffingwell, who will spend six months in prison for assaulting police at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 last year.
B-b-b-b-b-b-but they were just trespassing! And unarmed! :crybaby:

I'm getting the distinct impression that The Judicial is setting the stage to spank the Insurrectionists of January 6, 2021, and their Inciters and Conspirators.

Excellent... :clap2:

Their Orange Baboon-God is gonna look even 'oranger' wearin' a jumpsuit in Leavenworth... makin' license plates... :badgrin:

Couldn't happen to a nicer traitorous piece-of-<bleep>...

Not really since there never was an insurrection, the Judge slaps down a man who is convicted of assaulting a Police officer that is all.

What did the founders say about an insurrection to overthrow a legitimate presidential election?
Again, the leftist lies flows heavily since there was NO insurrection at all, the FBI and DOJ haven't charged anyone of it after a full year.

Last edited:
But the looting / rioting wasnt incited by BLM. The looting / rioting was just random street thugs, which is handled under local jurisdictions.
They tend to see things collectively all the riders did this when it was just a few. That's why not all the people on January 6th were given prison time, just the worst of the lot the ones that actually came with the intention of starting a war on the federal government.

Fighting for racial equality and justice is NOT the same as a violent Capitol insurrection to overthrow a legitimate presidential election. Anyone who can't see the difference must be a certified moron and/or racist.

Not when you make stupid claims you can't support, there was NO insurrection at all.

You don't even know what the LEGAL definition of Insurrection is about.

A federal judge took aim at the Republican National Committee’s recent distortion of reality during sentencing for a violent Capitol rioter.

Jackson was referring to the RNC’s description of the riot that left five people dead and more than 140 officers injured as “legitimate political discourse” when the group censured two of their own party members last week for daring to suggest that the Capitol attack was, in fact, an attack.

“So, it needs to be crystal clear that it is not patriotism,” she said. “It is not standing up for America. It is not ‘legitimate political discourse,’ and it is not justified to descend on the nation’s Capitol at the direction of a disappointed candidate and disrupt the national process.”

The RNC censured Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) for participating in the House committee investigating the attack.

It is ironic, a Democrap making such a statement, with regard to once incident, where who was actually behind what is unknowable, which is unjustly being pinned on the Republican; when the Democraps openly supported, aided, and abetted the Black LIES Matter riots.

I doubt we will ever know for sure what really happened on 06 January 2021, or who was really behind it, but I can safely say that whatever it is, the vast majority of us Republicans/conservatives would not support it if we knew what it was.

Trump has proven to be the most abnormal president that America has ever had - which is why he must never be allowed back into the White House. He is abnormal and mentally defective.
He is a psychopath for sociopath however you want to look at it, he fits the bill perfectly.

Opinions can't override the facts of the event which are easy to see if you are not a leftist liar.

I posted why it isn't an insurrection from POST 246

===

They were unarmed and a few who were being stupid there including the woman who foolishly pushing through the broken glass window that caused her death never got past that barricade. The building was never close to being overthrown either.

There was NO Insurrection which the DOJ and the FBI after a year of looking have never charged anyone of Insurrection, it was a Riot mob of the few, the many who got inside were not dangerous at all.

The Media and leftists are lying like hell about it.

I pointed this out at POST 229 in another thread Saturday:

===

The FBI and DOJ have no charges pending for anyone trying to overthrow a government it was obvious Rioting/mob violence that happened but once inside many people were simply walking around being harmless to the police such as this one:

1644118116113.png

and this one from Twitter showing large numbers of people peaceful milling around in the building,

Twitter Link to the 1 minute Video

YouTube 3:14 video of people walking around peacefully

Insurrection claims are STUPID as hell!!!

I posted in some detail in another thread,

While Joe’s FBI Scours the Country for J6 Grandmas, They Also Seek Leniency for BLM Murderers, Because They Murdered For the Cause of Social Justice​

LINK to POST 41

What the FBI says about the people they arrested.

LINK to post 44

Contains the legal definition of Insurrection

Last edited:

But the 2020 Summer BLM riots were?

I believe a riot can indeed be a valid legitimate political action. As I have noted many times the founders understood it would be needed from time to time.

I don't believe that believing a poor losers lies is a good reason to do so though.
Peaceful protest can be but not a riot and not an unruly mob with an agenda that threatens the federal government.

Lakota calls my post that requires about TEN MINUTES of reading to know what I posted that supports my position Funny but will not dare to challenge it and run away like Coyote did when I destroyed her feeble claims HERE at POST 44

She never did post any insurrection charges, ignored what the FBI stated at POST 41

Never disputed that people did some Rioting, Trespassing and Vandalism in and around the Building but there never was any insurrection activity at any time there.

Pathetic closemindedness no wonder you are so ignorant about it.

Forum List

Back