Judge Reminds RNC That Riot Was Not 'Legitimate Political Discourse'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
A federal judge took aim at the Republican National Committeeā€™s recent distortion of reality during sentencing for a violent Capitol rioter.

ā€œIt is not ā€˜legitimate political discourse,ā€™ā€ Judge Amy Berman Jackson said during her Thursday sentencing of Mark Leffingwell, who will spend six months in prison for assaulting police at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 last year.

Jackson was referring to the RNCā€™s description of the riot that left five people dead and more than 140 officers injured as ā€œlegitimate political discourseā€ when the group censured two of their own party members last week for daring to suggest that the Capitol attack was, in fact, an attack.

ā€œSo, it needs to be crystal clear that it is not patriotism,ā€ she said. ā€œIt is not standing up for America. It is not ā€˜legitimate political discourse,ā€™ and it is not justified to descend on the nationā€™s Capitol at the direction of a disappointed candidate and disrupt the national process.ā€

The RNC censured Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) for participating in the House committee investigating the attack.

I totally agree with Judge Amy Berman Jackson! What do you think?

I believe a riot can indeed be a valid legitimate political action. As I have noted many times the founders understood it would be needed from time to time.

I don't believe that believing a poor losers lies is a good reason to do so though.

A federal judge took aim at the Republican National Committeeā€™s recent distortion of reality during sentencing for a violent Capitol rioter.

ā€œIt is not ā€˜legitimate political discourse,ā€™ā€ Judge Amy Berman Jackson said during her Thursday sentencing of Mark Leffingwell, who will spend six months in prison for assaulting police at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 last year.

Jackson was referring to the RNCā€™s description of the riot that left five people dead and more than 140 officers injured as ā€œlegitimate political discourseā€ when the group censured two of their own party members last week for daring to suggest that the Capitol attack was, in fact, an attack.

ā€œSo, it needs to be crystal clear that it is not patriotism,ā€ she said. ā€œIt is not standing up for America. It is not ā€˜legitimate political discourse,ā€™ and it is not justified to descend on the nationā€™s Capitol at the direction of a disappointed candidate and disrupt the national process.ā€

The RNC censured Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) for participating in the House committee investigating the attack.

Appointed by Chimpy.

Steal an election, expect a protest.

I think sheā€™s a political hack that should be impeached.

I'm getting the distinct impression that The Judicial is setting the stage to spank the Insurrectionists of January 6, 2021, and their Inciters and Conspirators.

Excellent... :clap2:

Their Orange Baboon-God is gonna look even 'oranger' wearin' a jumpsuit in Leavenworth... makin' license plates... :badgrin:

Couldn't happen to a nicer traitorous piece-of-<bleep>...

Last edited:

I think the Democrat national headquarters should be firebombed.

The article is a total hack job, typical of left-wing media.

I'm getting the distinct impression that The Judicial is setting the stage to spank the Insurrectionists of January 6, 2021, and their Inciters and Conspirators.

Excellent... :clap2:

Their Orange Baboon-God is gonna look even 'oranger' wearin' a jumpsuit in Leavenworth... makin' license plates... :badgrin:

Couldn't happen to a nicer traitorous piece-of-<bleep>...
The democrat party is going to get spanked hard by the American people in November. Enjoy your moment.

I believe a riot can indeed be a valid legitimate political action. As I have noted many times the founders understood it would be needed from time to time.

I don't believe that believing a poor losers lies is a good reason to do so though.

What did the founders say about an insurrection to overthrow a legitimate presidential election?

What did the founders say about an insurrection to overthrow a legitimate presidential election?

When they said what they said they made a general statement which it what I did to address what the judge said and I also addressed what you said already.

It was by all democrat standards a mostly peaceful protest. So why are the people being treated differently than the blm/antifa asshokes who had all charges dropped?

Forum List

Back