Jordan loses third vote as support in the GOP dwindles.

Since America seems to like to vote for the host of the Apprentice, maybe they should nominate Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Extra bonus: He has a lot more government experience than the previous game show host.

S
Since America seems to like to vote for the host of the Apprentice, maybe they should nominate Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Extra bonus: He has a lot more government experience than the previous game show host.
Since 2019 is what we will vote for how many will vote for a repeat of 2022

The nays are up to 25 now. He is threatening to keep them there all weekend But it is not clear how he can get the support needed..

Divided parties dont win elections.

As I have said before, don't expect this position to be filled quickly. Wouldn't shock me if it took until next spring. An acting speaker will keep things moving to the extent they can be moved.

As I have said before, don't expect this position to be filled quickly. Wouldn't shock me if it took until next spring. An acting speaker will keep things moving to the extent they can be moved.
I don't see how an "acting speaker" is constitutional. The maj party certainly can re-write rules for elections, and in Gasses case, unelecting a speaker. But I don't see any reason they couldn't elect a speaker with a promise that he/she would step down at some date.

But .... I mean, they can't even do it the easy way, so I wouldn't put money on them being able to do something complex ... like passing bills that can get through the senate.

I don't see how an "acting speaker" is constitutional. The maj party certainly can re-write rules for elections, and in Gasses case, unelecting a speaker. But I don't see any reason they couldn't elect a speaker with a promise that he/she would step down at some date.

But .... I mean, they can't even do it the easy way, so I wouldn't put money on them being able to do something complex ... like passing bills that can get through the senate.

The Constitution just says the Congress shall decide their Speaker and other offices. It pretty much only mentions the role in passing. The House Rules fill in all the details.

1697826517455.png

:eusa_wall:
More votes will not get him closer
Jordan is losing support.

McCarthy is closest to regaining the Speakership
They need to read the riot act to the eight who kicked them out

That would be HILARIOUSLY FUNNY if McCarthy winds up re-obtaining the job. OMG that would be hilarious. What a bunch of bozos.

Wow, Brit lefties are more in touch with Colonial politics than most Americans. I wonder how they are dealing with breksis and King Chuck.

Forum List

Back