Jordan is palestine and palestine is Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might start a new thread because I want to keep this one on track. But anyone is interested in the lack of historical reference to a place called palestine feel free to join me on the new thread

Cheers

No problem

Found israel ;--)

The Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem (Ottoman Turkish: Kudüs-i Şerif Mutasarrıflığı‎; Arabic: متصرفية القدس الشريف‎), also known as the Sanjak of Jerusalem was an Ottoman district with special administrative status established in 1872.[3][4][5] The district encompassed Jerusalem as well as Gaza, Jaffa, Hebron, Bethlehem and Beersheba.[6] During the late Ottoman period, the Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem, together with the Sanjak of Nablusand Sanjak of Acre, formed the region that was commonly referred to as "Southern Syria"[7]

The district was separated from Damascus and placed directly under Constantinople in 1841,[4]
and formally created as an independent province in 1872 by
Grand Vizier Mahmud Nedim Pasha.[4] Scholars provide a variety of reasons for the separation, including increased European interest in the region, and strengthening of the southern border of the Empire against the Khedivate of Egypt.[4] Initially, the Mutasarrifate of Acre and Mutasarrifate of Nablus were combined with the province of Jerusalem, with the combined province being referred to in the register of the court of Jerusalem as the "Jerusalem Eyalet",[8]
End Quote

PS show me palestine ;--)

Ah yes, the big arrow on a map trick...

Where on the map does it say Israel?

Ah the old bait and switch.

I'm not the one saying palestine was ever a state, or that it was much of anything for that matter. Other than an insult intended for the Judaic peoples.

What I am saying is that Judaic heritage in its homeland goes all the way back to at least the middle bronze age if not earlier.

Its an indigenous peoples thing vs a colonist thing. To claim palestinian heritage is kinda silly as it only goes back to the creation of palestine, which really only ever existed within the mandate period. But to claim Judaic heritage goes all the way back to the mid bronze age and likely beyond

Israel-flag-XXL-anim.gif

Its not a taunt, its an attempt to apply a little history to the issue.

Even a cursory look at history will inevitably show that what is today Jordan was part of the palestinian mandate and is the Arab Muslim colonists state.

I think what is confusing our local palestinian apologists is that palestine was created by the league of nations. Not by the Ottomans, not the Mamluks, not the Kurds or the Crusaders, not even the Arabs or the Byzantines, although it was the Romans who dreamed up the name. The area was never anything more than Judea and its people Jewish, depending on who was slaughtering who at the time. But the Judaic people filtered back in regardless of the dangers or oppression and have stayed fast to their homeland since at least the middle bronze age.

The only colonists from any of those groups who show any inclination of joining the Israeli's in their native homeland seems to be the Arab Muslim colonists, but they don't seem to comprehend the complexities of colonization and refuse to share, instead they seem to prefer another slaughter of the native inhabitants.

Not happening ;--)

Israel-flag-XXL-anim.gif
You kid yourself......Originally it was Canaan.......you have no more claim than any one else

Doy da doy doy doy....nobody claimed that Jordan is all of Palestine...it was to be Arab Palestine, and Isrsel Jewish Palestine. Keep up. What the document does is puts to bed the idea that "Jordan had nothing to do with Palestine." In fact it had everything to do with it.
IT WAS NEVER JORAN PALESTINE OR ISRAEL PALESTINE,what are you smoking at the moment.........steve

Not according to the document that says Jordan is part of the mandate for Palestine.
Look Roudy,I love you man but this Scrap of Paper does not say Trans Jordan is or was Palestine,but a pre-curser,from the pressure from the Zionists in their demands for a homeland Palestine,and the paper was never acted upon......as I said merely one scrap of paper amongst hundreds at the time.steve

This is a TAUNT,what's a TAUNT theliq.?.....I dunno but don't taz me brother
You talking to me or yourself? :cuckoo:
It's a long story Roudy

I'm unclear as to why some posters are banned. While I am compelled to respect the moderators. I'm uncomfortable with letting the subject get to muddied. I believe the issue has been sufficiently discussed that any reasonable person would conclude that what would become Jordan was in fact included within the British mandate for palestine.

The Jordanian kings claim Jordan is palestine
The British mandate includes the area that became palestine.
postal stamps clearly say palestine on Trans-Jordan stamps
The evidence is overwhelming.

I'm out.

Not sure if as the OP I can close the thread but I would if I could as I don't really see there being any further progress being made on this issue.

s
I'm unclear as to why some posters are banned. While I am compelled to respect the moderators. I'm uncomfortable with letting the subject get to muddied. I believe the issue has been sufficiently discussed that any reasonable person would conclude that what would become Jordan was in fact included within the British mandate for palestine.

The Jordanian kings claim Jordan is palestine
The British mandate includes the area that became palestine.
postal stamps clearly say palestine on Trans-Jordan stamps
The evidence is overwhelming.

I'm out.

Not sure if as the OP I can close the thread but I would if I could as I don't really see there being any further progress being made on this issue.

But you leave too soon Boss,you post brings up more interesting factors to this thread
"The Jordanian Kings" Never existed until the British handed this basically unoccupied land to the Saudi (Heshimite)sic Prince(who fought with Lawence of Arabia) in circa 1927......it was Never Palestine and Palestinians never occupied this area.............I can only assume these stamps were an administral error because at the same time there were stamps and acknowledgement of Palestine itself....steve, Your OUT !!!!..steve....we have only just begun...As to those Banned....I don't know really.....I have been banned a couple of times.....if I do the crime,I do the time.........trouble is I have been banned on quite trivial matters yet where in my opinion I maybe should have been banned...Nothing......mind you the Mods are Excellent and Fair in most situations and you can reason with them...not like you Guys LOL (Shit I am going to be hauled over the coals for that statement) Mods I was only joking.....keep calm,you know me well enough by now.

Boss,I wonder if the Mods discuss Banning someone.or it's an individual decision ??

Last edited:
Thread closed per OP's request.

Regarding the post a couple above - in general - specific moderation is not discussed on the open boards (per the rules) - but you can always pm one of us. When it comes to IP, we mods, as a group, have decided it's time to clean it up so people CAN have semi-thoughtful discussions (it's the best we can do while maintaining some free free speech ;)). This was put out ahead of times, in an announcement that the IP regulars saw (it's posted as a sticky). To reduce the constant derailment and foodfights that bring down so many threads we've decided that after a person has hit 3 infractions in IP - they are subject to Strike 1 - which is a temporary ban from IP. Those 3 infractions do not include the constant pm's, zero point warnings, nudges and mod messages we employ to try to prevent this from happening nor the discussions amongst us when it gets to that point- we don't want to ban anyone, we just want to clean IP up enough that those who want a discussion can have it. One of the tools we have is the ability to "thread ban" someone from a specific thread temporarily or permanently. We're looking at using that in some cases rather than infractions, again - because we really don't want to ban any of you from IP. There are many other spots for off topic flaming (FZ, Badlands etc). If you have any questions - PM one of us.

Coyote laid it out well.. I just want to stress we are talking about 3 different moderation tools here.
The new "3 strikes rule" results in a Forum ban. Meaning no posting in the I/P forum for the length of the ban. Posters are still free to roam the entire rest of USMB.

This is not the general ban that gets applied because of excess warnings, where posters cannot post anywhere on USMB for the length of their bans. And to PREVENT FOLKS from striking out permanently in the I/P -- we've agree to use more "Thread bans" which is simply taking trollers and diverters out of a single thread for a period of time. It's more like the hockey penalty box with a clock on that "game" or thread.

No moderator is here to ban folks. Not our goal. The goal is better discussions, broader participation, and getting cooperation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back