Jon Stewart Made Fun Of Trump's Fraud Case, Then Turns Around And Does The Same Thing

In 2014, Stewart sold his 6,280-square-foot Tribeca duplex to financier Parag Pande for $17.5 million. The property’s asking price at that time is not available in listing records.

But according to 2013-2014 assessor records obtained by The Post, the property had the estimated market-value at only $1.882 million. The actual assessor valuation was even lower, at $847,174.

Records also show that Stewart paid significantly lower property taxes, which were calculated based on that assessor valuation price — precisely what he called Trump out for doing in his Monday monologue.

Pande, who purchased the penthouse from Stewart, then resold the property at a nearly 26% loss, according to the Real Deal — at just over $13 million — in 2021.

2013-2014 Property assessment of Jon Stewart's Tribeca penthouse.  5
The 2013-2014 property assessment of Jon Stewart’s Tribeca penthouse. NY Gov
Timothy Pool, a political commentator known for more right-leaning views, alleged on X that Stewart was being a hypocrite.

“Did @jonstewart commit fraud when he sold his penthouse for $17.5M? NY listed its market value at $1.8M an AV at around 800k… Who did he defraud?? I am SHOCKED,” he wrote.

“This is right in [Letitia James’] jurisdiction! I look forward to the grand jury indictment,” a user quipped in response to the tweet.

Stewart’s reps did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.

In 2014, Stewart sold his 6,280-square-foot Tribeca duplex to financier Parag Pande for $17.5 million. The property’s asking price at that time is not available in listing records.

But according to 2013-2014 assessor records obtained by The Post, the property had the estimated market-value at only $1.882 million. The actual assessor valuation was even lower, at $847,174.

Records also show that Stewart paid significantly lower property taxes, which were calculated based on that assessor valuation price — precisely what he called Trump out for doing in his Monday monologue.

Pande, who purchased the penthouse from Stewart, then resold the property at a nearly 26% loss, according to the Real Deal — at just over $13 million — in 2021.

2013-2014 Property assessment of Jon Stewart's Tribeca penthouse.  's Tribeca penthouse.  5
The 2013-2014 property assessment of Jon Stewart’s Tribeca penthouse. NY Gov
Timothy Pool, a political commentator known for more right-leaning views, alleged on X that Stewart was being a hypocrite.

“Did @jonstewart commit fraud when he sold his penthouse for $17.5M? NY listed its market value at $1.8M an AV at around 800k… Who did he defraud?? I am SHOCKED,” he wrote.

“This is right in [Letitia James’] jurisdiction! I look forward to the grand jury indictment,” a user quipped in response to the tweet.

Stewart’s reps did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.
they’re confusing 1) the actual market value of a property, or what someone would be willing to pay for it, 2) the property’s taxable value as assessed by a governmental agency property appraiser, and 3) documentation about a property’s value submitted to a lender for the purposes of securing a loan.

Trump got in trouble for committing fraud regarding that third category, the information the Trump Org submitted to lenders to secure loans.

read about it here.

they’re confusing 1) the actual market value of a property, or what someone would be willing to pay for it, 2) the property’s taxable value as assessed by a governmental agency property appraiser, and 3) documentation about a property’s value submitted to a lender for the purposes of securing a loan.

Trump got in trouble for committing fraud regarding that third category, the information the Trump Org submitted to lenders to secure loans.

read about it here.
That's not fraud.

It doesn't matter what information you submit to the lender when it comes to property value.
They decide how much your property is worth.
When they process the loan they do their own appraisal.
This case is a hoax.

End of discussion.

That's not fraud.

It doesn't matter what information you submit to the lender when it comes to property value.
This case is a hoax.

End of discussion.
The bank decides what the property is worth based on the details of the property. Trump lied about those details. You are so far off with your comparison it really shows how little you understand about the situation. Go educate yourself, this is embarrassing.

Then it's time to fine him to.

Did you think we were gonna be OK with it because he's a kinda liberal guy?
I bet he isn’t even questioned about his lie, the state will ignore it like they have done millions and millions of times before because it happens daily, everywhere and no one is prosecuted. Just used for politics.

That's not fraud.

This case is a hoax.

End of discussion.
Trump org violated New York Executive Law § 63(12) by submitting false financial statements to banks and insurance companies to obtain better rates on loans and insurance coverage

I bet he isn’t even questioned about his lie, the state will ignore it like they have done millions and millions of times before because it happens daily, everywhere and no one is prosecuted. Just used for politics.
Then step up the pressure.

That's not fraud.

This case is a hoax.

End of discussion.
You really should at least read pages 17-20. Eric Trump had several appraisals that accurately reflected the value of the seven springs estate.. emailed people not submit them.. Then submitted false valuations.

They had rights to build 71 units on a plot of land but years earlier it had been reduced to 41 units and they continued to submit that they had the value of a 71 unit development, knowingly.

All the financial institutions had Trump org sign a statement that all disclosures were accurate to the best of their knowledge and the Judge has pages and pages and pages of examples where the Trump org literally just made stuff up. It's not a financial organizations role to assume the customer is lying about everything and find all the lies. That is why they sign the agreement based on accurate data. So if it turns out not to be accurate there is recourse.

I don’t believe our government should prosecute or overlook laws based on one’s politics. It reeks of a small minded third world country corruption.
So get moving! Set up an investigation or something. Bitching at me won't solve it.

Trump org violated New York Executive Law § 63(12) by submitting false financial statements to banks and insurance companies to obtain better rates on loans and insurance coverage
So they should prosecute everyone, not just a political opponent, that reeks of corruption on the government’s part. Do you think they will prosecute Stewart for his fraud or does government overlook Stewart because he is not a political opponent?

Arbitrarily enforcing a laws to get political opponents reeks of a third world country which we are becoming.

We need better leadership from someone, the two current candidates are terrible candidates are not leaders and barely remember their names.

So they should prosecute everyone, not just a political opponent, that reeks of corruption on the government’s part. Do you think they will prosecute Stewart for his fraud or does government overlook Stewart because he is not a political opponent?

Arbitrarily enforcing a laws to get political opponents reeks of a third world country which we are becoming.

We need better leadership from someone, the two current candidates are terrible candidates are not leaders and barely remember their names.
Jon Stewart was selling is property at a perceived market value. Its up to the buyer to counter that. This wasnt a misrepresentation of property value for the purpose of insurance or loan rate. You can post whatever price you want for your property for sale. Its up to the buyer to accept or deny your price.

So get moving! Set up an investigation or something. Bitching at me won't solve it.
Why should I? The problem won’t be solved because our two corrupt parties won’t stand for it.

I am doing something the same things you do to change things, I vote, I write my representatives, I voice my opinion.

If Jon goes free, the system is rigged.

2 tiered justice system.

Republican DAs need to probe into democrats that own real-estate in their districts and see if any of them are over/under valued.

Retard. Stewart sold his property to a buyer who was willing to pay $17.5 million, which is an entirely different scenario. This is how capitalism works.

But go ahead. Prove me wrong. Go.

Forum List

Back