Joe Arpaio loses bid for 7th term as Sheriff...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Sheriff Joe Arpaio Loses Bid for 7th Term in Arizona

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, an enduring symbol of Arizona’s unforgiving stance toward illegal immigration, lost his bid for a seventh term on Tuesday, effectively ending the career of perhaps the most divisive law enforcement figure in the country.

In the end, Sheriff Arpaio’s bid for re-election as sheriff of Maricopa County was undone by Latino voters who responded to his hard-line position on illegal immigration, which included workplace raids, frequent traffic stops and harsh talk.

Such a bizarre election cycle The anti-establishment, anti illegal immigration candidate wins the White House, the establishment helps keep hold of the Senate, and one of the staunchest anti illegal immigration public figures in the country loses after 6 terms as Sheriff. The GOP is all over the place.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, an enduring symbol of Arizona’s unforgiving stance toward illegal immigration, lost his bid for a seventh term on Tuesday, effectively ending the career of perhaps the most divisive law enforcement figure in the country.

In the end, Sheriff Arpaio’s bid for re-election as sheriff of Maricopa County was undone by Latino voters who responded to his hard-line position on illegal immigration, which included workplace raids, frequent traffic stops and harsh talk.

Such a bizarre election cycle The anti-establishment, anti illegal immigration candidate wins the White House, the establishment helps keep hold of the Senate, and one of the staunchest anti illegal immigration public figures in the country loses after 6 terms as Sheriff. The GOP is all over the place.
He needed to retire anyways, everyone needs a vacation

Interesting. Good news in a shitpile of bad news.
You poor baby ....
there.gif

Yeah, he needs a permanent one.

Yeah, he needs a permanent one.
Trump will probably put him in his cabinet… LOL

I don't trust any man who craves any position of such power at 84 years old. He would have been 88 by the time his term was over, and I don't doubt he would have run again. I'm pretty sure Joe just loved Joe.

I don't trust any man who craves any position of such power at 84 years old. He would have been 88 by the time his term was over, and I don't doubt he would have run again. I'm pretty sure Joe just loved Joe.

Who did he lose to? His polar opposite?

Forum List

Back