JJ Watt and Clowney?

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Starting to sound like this may happen.
Who the hell do you double team? I like the idea of Mack,but the thought of having Clowney and JJ going after the QB would be terrifying to opposing QB's!!
Throw Cushing into the mix and it gets even more interesting.

I'm just sick of the pre draft hype. All these silly predictions will be wrong.

And I really hope the Jags pick Bortles or Manziel.

And yes, the mo knows football. :)

I'm getting pretty sick of it myself.
Had they not delayed it for two weeks we'd be done with it. That being said,I cant wait for Thursday night!!

I'm okay with the Texans passing on a QB until the second. There should be at the very most five QB's picked in the first,more likely to be four.
Should still be a decent QB available at that point and I'm not sold on any of them at 1.1

I would go with Clowney

Pairing Clowney with Watt and Cushing gives the Texans a scary Defense

A good QB should still be available with the first pick in the second round

Lets keep in mind Clowney hasn't played an NFL down yet, and he only had 3 sacks in college last year. I'm not saying he won't be great, but he hasn't proved anything yet.

I would go with Clowney

Thats where I'm at. And this draft is supposed to be deeper than any in the last decade.
Pair that with the 11 picks the Texans get this year and it could change the future of the franchise for the next ten years....for good or bad.
Damn I'm nervous!!!

I would go with Clowney

Thats where I'm at. And this draft is supposed to be deeper than any in the last decade.
Pair that with the 11 picks the Texans get this year and it could change the future of the franchise for the next ten years....for good or bad.
Damn I'm nervous!!!

If they have 11 picks, I would consider trading that second rounder to move up to the mid to late first round to get the QB you want

Lets keep in mind Clowney hasn't played an NFL down yet, and he only had 3 sacks in college last year. I'm not saying he won't be great, but he hasn't proved anything yet.

Thats true about every player in the draft.
As far as his sack numbers going down? He makes a good point when he said his team mates sack totals went up because of the double teams.
And if you believe him he was playing with a torn muscle on his rib cage.

As far as his sack numbers going down? He makes a good point when he said his team mates sack totals went up because of the double teams.

He was also dogging it so he did not get injured and miss out on those millions of dollars the Texans are going to be giving him

I would go with Clowney

Damn I'm nervous!!!

If they have 11 picks, I would consider trading that second rounder to move up to the mid to late first round to get the QB you want

Most of the four or five QB's expected to be picked should go early in the first,so moving up might be tough.
If it were possible to move up and get Bortles,Bridgewater or Johhny? I think I could live with that. Hell,one of em might be available at the 1.2 :eusa_pray:

All you need to know about Clowney

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENuZHnQlqX0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENuZHnQlqX0[/ame]

He was also dogging it so he did not get injured and miss out on those millions of dollars the Texans are going to be giving him

True that!! It kinda pisses me off but it's hard to fault his logic.

Damn I'm nervous!!!

Most of the four or five QB's expected to be picked should go early in the first,so moving up might be tough.
If it were possible to move up and get Bortles,Bridgewater or Johhny? I think I could live with that. Hell,one of em might be available at the 1.2 :eusa_pray:

You have issues with selecting another Carr?

I actually wouldnt mind. What are the odds of both brothers sucking?:lol:

The running joke in Houston: We have a two Carr accident on Kirby Drive......
That ones as good as: My other Carr is a Schaub....

I actually wouldnt mind. What are the odds of both brothers sucking?:lol:

The running joke in Houston: We have a two Carr accident on Kirby Drive......
That ones as good as: My other Carr is a Schaub....

I think Carr or Bridgewater could be available late in the first round

Otherwise there are still some good QBs projected to be available in the second round

All I care about is watching Mel Kiper, Jr. whine and snivel and blow a gasket every time one of his "projections" are proven to be WRONG.

Then, after the draft is over, and old Mel ends up with his usual 20% success rate with his predictions, he'll slither back home until NEXT spring, when he will be running low on hair spray and ESPN will mercifully hire him AGAIN.

Always a great time.

Last edited:
All I care about is watching Mel Kiper, Jr. whine and snivel and blow a gasket every time one of his "projections" are proven to be WRONG.

Then, after the draft is over, and old Mel ends up with his usual 20% success rate with his predictions, he'll slither back home until NEXT spring, when he will be running low on hair spray and ESPN will mercifully hire him AGAIN.

Always a great time.

I love ol Mel

The team doesn't pick who he likes, so the team is wrong

Loved the time when Indy picked Edgerron James and he buried them for being losers and then when Houston took Mario Williams over the great Vince Young and Reggie Bush

Last edited:

Forum List

Back