Jimmy Carter Cures ObamaCare

Really? There's no difference between the Blues and, say, HealthExtras? You'll have to provide evidence for that.

While you're doing that, here's a little something for you to contemplate:

Cancer and the Affordable Care Act

1. No, every single detail of every insurers policies is subject to ObamaCare law.

No. If that were true, there'd be no differences between carriers or between the same carrier from state to state. There are. Whatever fantasy version of "government-run healthcare" you're entertaining, this is not that.

2. Did you not read this in your link:
"Beginning with plan years starting after July 1, 2011, insurance companies that deny payment for a treatment or service are required to conduct internal appeals at the patient's request within specific timelines:

Know what 'deny' means?

It means, among other things, that prior to the PPACA, insurers could refuse to cover an adult who'd been cancer-free for decades because of a childhood treatment for cancer.

They're not allowed to do that anymore.

Do you think that's a good thing or a bad thing?

Funny.

In post #25 I proved it, and here you are whining 'is not, is nooottttttt!'

And they cannot deny treatment...but can deny particular treatments.
And that was the point of the OP.

It is at the heart of Liberalism: no concern for lives lost.

What are the guidelines for denial ?

I know the Unaffordable Care Act pushes certain requirements for care (that drive up the costs).

What you are saying is that they can also deny care (so people can pay for things they don't want or need...and not get the things they want and need.....how left-wing).

Did I get that right ?

Pg 30 Sec 123 of HC Bill - THERE WILL BE A GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get

This is the government's explanation of the item....
"Nothing in the bill infringes upon you and your doctor's ability to make medical decisions. The National Health Benefits Advisory Council is not a "government committee" but is made up of providers, consumer representatives, employers, labor, health insurance issuers, independent experts and representatives of government agencies. They will make recommendations about minimum standards of care and covered benefits that insurance companies have to offer- ensuring that everyone has a health plan that provides them with adequate coverage."

To my mind, this is not a complete denial...but a talking point.

BTW....this was originally in a WaPo article that has since 'disappeared' from the net:

"....slipped into the emergency stimulus legislation was substantial funding for a Federal Council on Comparative Effectiveness Research, comparative effectiveness research is generally code for limiting care based on the patient's age.” The CER would identify (this is language from the draft report on the legislation) medical "items, procedures, and interventions" that it deems insufficiently effective or excessively expensive. They "will no longer be prescribed" by federal health programs.”

You can find it here: Downgrading American Medical Care

Ronald Reagan did what?:ack-1: Are u on drugs?

She'll cite EMTALA, with absolutely no understanding of how that was paid for.

So you knew it was true, also.

Did you also know that, prior to the ObamaCare scam, almost 90 % of Americans with healthcare insurance were happy with same?

Did you know that?

Now tell the class what happened when people used emergent services and couldn't pay.

They received healthcare.

Admit it.

Did you also know that, prior to the ObamaCare scam, almost 90 % of Americans with healthcare insurance were happy with same?

Did you know that?

Now tell the class what happened when people used emergent services and couldn't pay.

Admit that, too.

Did somebody say "Death Panels"?

Just you.

What your OP shows is the costs of cancer treatment, and why people need insurance to cover them.

Welcome to the real world.

Is that drug that saved Carter available to those covered under ObamaCare?

ObamaCare is not an insurance company. Who's the patient's insurer? Ask them.

As I never posted against folks having health insurance, and President Ronald Reagan made certain that every person in the nation...citizen or not....had health care....perhaps you'd care to answer:

Hey, Jimmy....where'd you go?

Jimmy seems to have become silent.

Did you know that?

Hmmm.....this dope became mute, as well.

Lot's of Leftist simpletons can't handle the truth.

So you're unable to explain what happened when people used emergent services and couldn't pay. Now you're just spamming.

So you're unable to explain what happened when people used emergent services and couldn't pay. Now you're just spamming.

No, you moron....I stated the truth twice: they received healthcare whether they could pay or not.....

That was why Reagan passed it.

"The most significant effect is that, regardless of insurance status, participating hospitals are prohibited from denying a MSE to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition."
Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In your face, boyyyyeeeeeeee!!!!!

Now answer this:

Jimmy-boy just emoticon'd 'funny' to this:

President Ronald Reagan made certain that every person in the nation...citizen or not....had health care..

Now, I'll prove this...and await your apology:

"The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)[1] is an act of theUnited States Congress, passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospital Emergency Departments that accept payments fromMedicare to provide an appropriate medical screening examination (MSE) to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition, regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay."
Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1986...President Reagan gave healthcare to every single person in the United States.

Just one more reason to see Reagan as the finest President in the last hundred years.

He doesn't have the class to admit he was wrong.
Not unexpected.

What is the take-away?

Everyone who supported ObamaCare....or voted for the unmitigated failure in the White House has been scammed.

President Ronald Reagan made certain that every person in the nation...citizen or not....had health care..

"The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)[1] is an act of theUnited States Congress, passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospital Emergency Departments that accept payments fromMedicare to provide an appropriate medical screening examination (MSE) to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition, regardless of citizenship, legal status, or ability to pay."

1986...President Reagan gave healthcare to every single person in the United States.

Just one more reason to see Reagan as the finest President in the last hundred years.

Not unexpected.

Just you.

What your OP shows is the costs of cancer treatment, and why people need insurance to cover them.

Welcome to the real world.

ObamaCare is not an insurance company. Who's the patient's insurer? Ask them.

As I never posted against folks having health insurance, and President Ronald Reagan made certain that every person in the nation...citizen or not....had health care....perhaps you'd care to answer:

Hey, Jimmy....where'd you go?

Jimmy seems to have become silent.

Did you know that?

Hmmm.....this dope became mute, as well.

Lot's of Leftist simpletons can't handle the truth.

They went bankrupt like Reagan's trickle down intended.

Not unexpected.

..I stated the truth twice: they received healthcare whether they could pay or not.....

"The most significant effect is that, regardless of insurance status, participating hospitals are prohibited from denying a MSE to individuals seeking treatment for a medical condition."

In your face, boyyyyeeeeeeee!!!!!

Not unexpected.
my wife recently had a corrective hip surgery that allows her to continue in her employment. what part of reagan's law would have made sure she got that?

What is the take-away?

Everyone who supported ObamaCare....or voted for the unmitigated failure in the White House has been scammed.

Prove it.

Easy peasy, Lemon squeezy.

"When we started this health care debate a year ago, 85 percent of the American people had health insurance, and 95 percent of the 85 percent were happy with it."
George Willon Sunday, February 21st, 2010 in a roundtable segment on ABC's This Week"
Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it PolitiFact

Here's what we found, poll by poll, in reverse chronological order:

Quinnipiac University, Sept. 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 54 percent very satisfied, 34 percent somewhat.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

Quinnipiac University, June 2009. "How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?" 49 percent very satisfied, 36 somewhat satisfied.Total: 85 percent satisfaction.

ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2009. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 21 percent extremely satisfied, 37 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied.Total: 88 percent satisfaction.

ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. "For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. ... Your health insurance coverage." 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied.Total: 81 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." 31 percent extremely satisfied, 41 percent very satisfied, 23 somewhat satisfied.Total: 95 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. "Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. ... Overall satisfaction with my health (insurance) care plan." 23 percent extremely satisfied, 38 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied.Total: 91 percent satisfaction.

Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2008. "Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?" 17 percent extremely satisfied, 36 percent very satisfied, 33 percent somewhat satisfied.Total: 86 percent satisfaction.

If you average these eight scores, the total rate of satisfaction is 87 percent. In all but one poll, the satisfaction level was below Will's stated level of 95 percent.

One poll, taken five months before Obama was inaugurated, did come up with 95 percent satisfaction. But alone among these eight polls, that survey asked participants about the "quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan." While we decided that the wording was close enough to merit inclusion on our list, the modest difference in satisfaction levels may stem from the way the question was phrased. Many people feel more warmly toward their doctors than they do toward their insurers.

So, while one poll with unique wording pegged satisfaction at 95 percent, the average of all relevant polls over a two-year period was eight points lower than what Will cited. However, Will is correct that the levels of satisfaction with one's own health insurance are consistently high. Indeed, they're extraordinarily high, when one considers how rarely surveys find such high levels of agreement among Americans. Since Will portrayed the larger point accurately, even while modestly overstating the number, we rate his comment Mostly True.

Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it

Now go wipe that egg off your face, you dunce.

Again: Ask the insurer.
more importantly at that price before the ppaca the patient would have hit their lifetime limit before long at thise prices

And the basis of your 'knowledge' is what....the Magic 8-Ball?

One more Obama simpleton.
so insurance policies didn't have lifetime benefit limits prior to the ppaca?

Not unexpected.

..I stated the truth twice: they received healthcare whether they could pay or not.....

So how were those expenses covered?

Forum List

Back