Jim Jordan's Twitter Hearing Backfires Spectacularly

This is not how he thought it would go. Although I don't know how he thought it would be a win for him and his cronies, with the evidence Democrats effortlessly used to humiliate him.

Now, because USMB has this thing where if you post a tweet it also posts the tweet immediately preceding it in the Twitter Thread, Just ignore duplicates and focus on the second tweet. Except for this very first post:

You're delusional.

In excerpts of prepared remarks released ahead of the hearing, Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., chair of the committee, alleged that “Big Tech autocrats wield their unchecked power to suppress the speech of Americans to promote their preferred political opinions.”

Comer charged that Twitter’s handling of the stories showed there was a “coordinated campaign by social media companies, mainstream news, and the intelligence community to suppress and delegitimize the existence of Hunter Biden’s laptop" and its contents.

Former Twitter executives testify at House hearing on handling of Hunter Biden laptop story

FEB. 8, 202302:42

James Baker, Twitter's former deputy general counsel, said, "I was not aware of and certainly did not engage in any conspiracy" with government or campaign officials to suppress the story.

"Moreover, I’m aware of no unlawful collusion with or direction from any government agency or political campaign on how Twitter should have handled the Hunter Biden laptop situation,” Baker said.
James Baker is a lying piece of shit!

What struck me from the hearing was how big a slimeball James Baker is. Amazingly...he can't remember much of anything from how it was that Twitter banned The Post's story on Hunter's laptop! Nope...total blank on the whole thing! Does anyone buy that? He knows exactly how that went down and who in the FBI he was working in concert with to make it happen.
Of course he knew. He was probably the prime instigator.

What struck me from the hearing was how big a slimeball James Baker is. Amazingly...he can't remember much of anything from how it was that Twitter banned The Post's story on Hunter's laptop! Nope...total blank on the whole thing! Does anyone buy that? He knows exactly how that went down and who in the FBI he was working in concert with to make it happen.
Plenty of testimony from the hearing indicating that the FBI or anyone else in the government I didn't tell Twitter to ban the story.

My favorite part of Baker's testimony was when some loser Republican tried to tell him that Congress can overrule attourney client privilege.

Rep. Donalds, the one-time favorite of the anti-McCarthy Crazies to win the speakership, was downright indignant over Twitter's decision to delete pics of Hunter's junk.
That bizarre display was followed by......who else.......MTG getting her grievance on over what she said was Twitter's attempt to harm her campaign because it suspended her account for violating their rules about lying. She invoked the same fallacy pervading this board all the time. Namely, that her 1st A rights had been violated because a private enterprise enforced established rules on the platform it owns. She, like so many nutters, is WRONG. She has no 1st A rights on Twitter.
The so-called "established rules" are merely a blank check for Twitter to ban whatever it likes.

Plenty of testimony from the hearing indicating that the FBI or anyone else in the government I didn't tell Twitter to ban the story.

My favorite part of Baker's testimony was when some loser Republican tried to tell him that Congress can overrule attourney client privilege.
Musk has already said that Twitter excuses Baker from attorney client privilege, Marener. So what "client" is Baker protecting?

The Post's story
And only their story. Just like how Weekly World News had the exclusive on this story:

IMG_2659_exported_414533862155395164.jpg

Musk has already said that Twitter excuses Baker from attorney client privilege, Marener. So what "client" is Baker protecting?
That's not what the slimeball Comer said. Rep Comer said that Congress had the authority to "overrule" privilege, which is nonsense.

That's not what the slimeball Comer said. Rep Comer said that Congress had the authority to "overrule" privilege, which is nonsense.
If the client announces that they are waiving that privilege...the lawyer has no privilege to protect, Marener. Elon Musk has done so. So what attorney - client privilege is Baker invoking? He's not protecting a client...he's protecting himself!

If the attorney represents a government agency, that agency has no attorney-client privilege, dumbfuck. Do you actually believe government agencies don't have to tell the truth? They have to answer all the questions Congress asks them.

If the client announces that they are waiving that privilege...the lawyer has no privilege to protect, Marener. Elon Musk has done so. So what attorney - client privilege is Baker invoking? He's not protecting a client...he's protecting himself!
He apparently he believes that the FBI doesn't have to tell the public the truth.

Again, not what Comer said. Comer seems to think that Congress can overrule privilege.

Did you watch the hearing?

This is not how he thought it would go. Although I don't know how he thought it would be a win for him and his cronies, with the evidence Democrats effortlessly used to humiliate him.

Now, because USMB has this thing where if you post a tweet it also posts the tweet immediately preceding it in the Twitter Thread, Just ignore duplicates and focus on the second tweet. Except for this very first post:

It's not like Twitter covered up a presidential nominee's payment to a hooker.

If the attorney represents a government agency, that agency has no attorney-client privilege, dumbfuck. Do you actually believe government agencies don't have to tell the truth? They have to answer all the questions Congress asks them.
First, Baker was representing Twitter, not the government.

Second, privilege exists in government too.

Third, Trump’s administration frequently refused to answer questions.

Did someone make Raskin wear a dunce cap for this performance?

Rep. Raskin is undergoing treatment for cancer.

There simply is no limit to the depths you will sink to. Republicans call themselves the "Party of Christianity", and yet you've attacked and mocked Paul Pelosi, who was nearly murdered and is still recovering. John Futterman who had a stroke, and now Jamie Raskin who has cancer.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?????

He apparently he believes that the FBI doesn't have to tell the public the truth.

You're truly laughable. You believe that the FBI doesn't have to tell the public the truth. You wanted them to lie about the crimes of Donald Trump, and to lay charges against Democrats when Trump lied about investigations of his campaign.

You want the FBI to lie on behalf of Republicans all of the time.

Rep. Raskin is undergoing treatment for cancer.

There simply is no limit to the depths you will sink to. Republicans call themselves the "Party of Christianity", and yet you've attacked and mocked Paul Pelosi, who was nearly murdered and is still recovering. John Futterman who had a stroke, and now Jamie Raskin who has cancer.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?????
I'm an agnostic, Dragonlady. Don't pull the "Christianity" thing on me because I'm not playing for that team. I mock Raskin for acting like the class dunce.

Forum List

Back