Jim Jordan Responds to January 6 Committee Meeting Request, Rejects Legitimacy of Investigation

"Sounds like".

Your perception of my words is incorrect.
Just to clarify then, you have no problem if no one is found guilty of insurrection or treason, that the whole thing is found to be nothing more than a garden variety mini-riot?

Just to clarify then, you have no problem if no one is found guilty of insurrection or treason, that the whole thing is found to be nothing more than a garden variety mini-riot?
I'll trust and hope that people will be found guilty of, and punished for, any crimes they may have committed, whether it was insurrection or treason or trespassing or assault or vandalism or conspiracy or sedition or obstruction or any combination therein.

Clear?

I'll trust and hope that people will be found guilty of, and punished for, any crimes they may have committed, whether it was insurrection or treason or trespassing or assault or vandalism or conspiracy or sedition or obstruction or any combination therein.

Clear?
But of course, that's what all sane people hope for. There are far too many, however, who will for years to come, continue to bleat about insurrection and treason even if no one is found guilty of such.

I'll take that as an admission that, yes, this Jan 6th investigation is indeed a Kangaroo investigation. For the record, I am against ALL kangaroo investigations. No House or Senate investigations should be done unless there is a definite consensus from BOTH sides to do the investigation.
Sounds like you’re making up new rules about consensus so as to prevent basically any investigation ever.

What kind of person would want that?

Ahh, so your thinking is that irrational violence is okay as long as someone else does it?

200 folks arrested for assault at the capitol (thereabouts)....hardly a "peaceful" protest.
Irrational? Like burning a persons business because a cop shot a criminal?

You know what, you changed my mind. I’m all for violence against you left wing fucks. I don’t care who’s doing it as long as you’re the ones on the receiving end. You’ve earned it.

Screw the letters. They accomplish nothing. The democrats will wipe Joe's ass with them. The only thing these heathens understand is the brute force of law and smash-mouth politics. Time to start smashing some mouths. Now if only we had some GOP members at the top capable or interested in that.
The irony. Is it deliberate?
You’re literally calling for violence directed at members of Congress who are investigating the last round of right wing violence that was directed at members of Congress.

haha Congress has nothing to do with him not ending up in Court dumbass

He won’t end up in court because there are no charges…charges don’t come from Congress you dumbass cultist
Evidence comes from Congress. Evidence that can be referred for criminal prosecution.

Sigh, I see this thread has devolved into nothing but name-calling rather than trying to find out if there is any legal way to compel Jordan to testify before a non-legislative committee. 😐
Jordan is subject to the subpoena authority as anyone else is. Being a member means nothing. He is a material witness. If there’s nothing to hide it should be simple. He had no problem issuing subpoenas while conducting investigations himself.

hard to say since we don’t have the text before or after

moreover it was a forwarded message

but regardless so what? i fail to see the point? So arguemento Jordan “told” Meadows something

So?
Testimony could clear that up nicely.

yeah oversight on the attack. How it happened and what Congress needed to do to help prevent it

Congress has oversight of the State Dept
As well as the entire executive branch of which the president is a member. Jordan is a material witness as to Trump’s demeanor and intentions on and before 1/6.

They have the text messages....recently them all to the public could also, not the doctored text they want
You sure seemed to have questions. Hearing it straight from Jordan would dispel any misgivings or misunderstandings.

You sure seemed to have questions. Hearing it straight from Jordan would dispel any misgivings or misunderstandings.
I have questions of the Committee...not of Jordan. I do agree they could clear things up if they just released the text, but I suspect they won't, and that speaks volumes

Sounds like you’re making up new rules about consensus so as to prevent basically any investigation ever.

What kind of person would want that?
The only other option is both Republicans and Democrats abusing their power by doing kangaroo investigations of the other for political purposes.

Forum List

Back