Jim Jordan Responds to January 6 Committee Meeting Request, Rejects Legitimacy of Investigation

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Jim Jordan Responds to January 6 Committee Meeting Request, Rejects Legitimacy of Investigation​

9 Jan 2022 ~~ By Ashley Oliver
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) formally replied on Sunday to the January 6 select committee’s request to meet with him as part of its investigation, denouncing the request as “outside the bounds of any legitimate inquiry.”
Jordan gave his reply in a letter obtained by Breitbart News and addressed to committee chair Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) after weeks of reviewing the committee’s request, which was made December 22.
“This request is far outside the bounds of any legitimate inquiry, violates core Constitutional principles, and would serve to further erode legislative norms,” Jordan wrote.
Read a copy of the letter below:

PDF Download.:

~Snip~
Perry, for his part, outright rejected the committee’s request on December 21, immediately after the committee contacted him.
Thompson indicated a week ago during an appearance on NBC’s Meet the Press that he is exploring whether the committee can legally subpoena sitting members of Congress. “I think there are some questions of whether we have the authority to do it,” Thompson said. “We’re looking at it. If the authorities are there, there’ll be no reluctance on our part.”
Breitbart News has reached out to Thompson’s office for comment on if and how he plans to respond to Jordan’s response to the committee.

Commentary:
It has already been established that Adam Schiff has been caught for the second time manufacturing and tampering with evidence. This time for the Jan 6th Witch Hunt.
Fact Check: Did Adam Schiff 'Tamper' With Jim Jordan Jan. 6 Evidence in Meadows Hearing?
Thusly the 'Select Committee' Investigating was illegitimate to begin with and Schiff has made it doubly so.
Meanwhile, why hasn't the 'Select Committee' asked or subpoenaed Clair Zoe Lofgren, Pelosi, or any other Democrat Congress person?
Why hasn't the FBI released the 15,000 hours of video.

Love it, Jordan should publicly tell them to piss up a rope.

Screw the letters. They accomplish nothing. The democrats will wipe Joe's ass with them. The only thing these heathens understand is the brute force of law and smash-mouth politics. Time to start smashing some mouths. Now if only we had some GOP members at the top capable or interested in that.

Screw the letters. They accomplish nothing. The democrats will wipe Joe's ass with them. The only thing these heathens understand is the brute force of law and smash-mouth politics. Time to start smashing some mouths. Now if only we had some GOP members at the top capable or interested in that.
Yeah, quite honestly, I tend to not like to be partisan. . . but this bullshit about the DNC doctoring and lying about shit submitting in committee, and then partisans saying, "oh, the doctoring doesn't substantially change the meaning of the evidence. . ." that sort of dishonest equiviquation drives me absolutely insane. I am at a loss as to why. . . no wait, I know why the GOP is rolling over.

But it is bullshit.

NO MATTER what you think of Trump or the capitol rioters, LYING is not acceptable.

And the Jim Jordan's letter is not quite correct. . . there IS a legislative AGENDA. It is to get that Domestic Terror legislation out of committee and made into law. Tucker Carlson was absolutely right to nail Ted Cruz to the wall over that. What the hell was Ted Cruz thinking playing that game? Is HE a sell out to the establishment now too?

Every year, like clock work, introduced to the Judiciary Committee; Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act

They want it passed. It is a loop-hole around folks inherent and natural born right to the Bill of Rights, and makes them slaves, or "enemies of the state."

Doesn't matter what Gym, wants, just like the rest of Trump's cult.

Congress doesn't need his testimony, others will testify.

Then what will Gym do?

Doesn't matter what Gym, wants, just like the rest of Trump's cult.

Congress doesn't need his testimony, others will testify.

Then what will Gym do?
7tXE998.jpg

Time to get rid of the democrats. Subpoena republican congressmen over a simple peaceful protest?

One year of investigation and no crime is proven

Again democrats prove Trump is thee most honest politician since Lincoln or Washington.

Democrats are the new tyrants, the kings and queens of the world. There is no place for democrats in this world.

If the perv does takes the 5th, he can't open his trap.
If he even say's "no" one time, to defend himself or his daddy
The 5th is null and void.
The committee and the DoJ have no choice here. If they don't go after these cultists (and perhaps their cult leader), just toss out the Fifth Amendment, toss out subpoenas, toss out rule of law, toss out the Constitution, and get ready for something much worse.

These cultists are mocking this country. Either we go after them with everything, or we just punt.

The Committee doesn’t need any testimony…they’ve already proven they’ll simply use parody
They really don't but it would be easier for the defendants if they did testify.
When they sentence the defendants, they will get sentenced to the fullest extent of the law, ALL to protect a traitor, who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

The insurrection attempt lasted about 5 hours, its incredibly doubtful that there were 3,000 video cameras going.

You guys are weird.

What insurrection was that?? Don't tell me you are still mouthing that bullshit??

Most have been charged with trespassing. Any that broke laws will land in court.

As far as camera's go. I for one would like to know who the camera people were who were in the Capital Buildings while Trump was still speaking. They weren't Trump supporters and how did they know there would be anything worth recording.

Oh and how bout Epps and Sullivan?? Lets not forget Pelousy refused the Capital Police request for aid five time??

Fishy?? You bet.

Jim Jordan Responds to January 6 Committee Meeting Request, Rejects Legitimacy of Investigation​

9 Jan 2022 ~~ By Ashley Oliver
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) formally replied on Sunday to the January 6 select committee’s request to meet with him as part of its investigation, denouncing the request as “outside the bounds of any legitimate inquiry.”
Jordan gave his reply in a letter obtained by Breitbart News and addressed to committee chair Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) after weeks of reviewing the committee’s request, which was made December 22.
“This request is far outside the bounds of any legitimate inquiry, violates core Constitutional principles, and would serve to further erode legislative norms,” Jordan wrote.
Read a copy of the letter below:

PDF Download.:

~Snip~
Perry, for his part, outright rejected the committee’s request on December 21, immediately after the committee contacted him.
Thompson indicated a week ago during an appearance on NBC’s Meet the Press that he is exploring whether the committee can legally subpoena sitting members of Congress. “I think there are some questions of whether we have the authority to do it,” Thompson said. “We’re looking at it. If the authorities are there, there’ll be no reluctance on our part.”
Breitbart News has reached out to Thompson’s office for comment on if and how he plans to respond to Jordan’s response to the committee.

Commentary:
It has already been established that Adam Schiff has been caught for the second time manufacturing and tampering with evidence. This time for the Jan 6th Witch Hunt.
Fact Check: Did Adam Schiff 'Tamper' With Jim Jordan Jan. 6 Evidence in Meadows Hearing?
Thusly the 'Select Committee' Investigating was illegitimate to begin with and Schiff has made it doubly so.
Meanwhile, why hasn't the 'Select Committee' asked or subpoenaed Clair Zoe Lofgren, Pelosi, or any other Democrat Congress person?
Why hasn't the FBI released the 15,000 hours of video.

The word disingenuous comes to mind. Jordan was in communication with Trump on the 6th and that is the focus of the investigation. If the GOP wanted a fair and open investigation they could have held one in the Senate instead of voting against one. In the House, the GOP could have negotiated with Pelosi instead of insisting on a set of poison-pill names (including Jordan as I recall). The GOP would have more standing on this if they didn't have a history of politically motivated hearings, including Whitewater, Benghazi (11 hearings I believe), and email servers.

BTW, your link (Fact Check: Did Adam Schiff 'Tamper' With Jim Jordan Jan. 6 Evidence in Meadows Hearing?) concludes that the accusation against Schiff was False.

The insurrection attempt lasted about 5 hours, its incredibly doubtful that there were 3,000 video cameras going.

You guys are weird.
You need to factor in the normal surveillance video feeds around and inside the Capital building.
I bet there are a lot, and I'm sure they are using more than 5-hours, probably 10ish?

Forum List

Back