Jezebel: 'White Beauty' Has An Ugly Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
☭proletarian☭;1842473 said:
you don't think they should be?

You think people should be angry because women want to be beautiful?

i think people should be angry that anyone is made to feel that one skin color is more desireable than another.

'Made to feel'? They recognize beauty when they see it and wish to emulate it. What's wrong with that?

☭proletarian☭;1842478 said:
☭proletarian☭;1842473 said:
You think people should be angry because women want to be beautiful?

i think people should be angry that anyone is made to feel that one skin color is more desireable than another.

'Made to feel'? They recognize beauty when they see it and wish to emulate it. What's wrong with that?

you know, i'm thinking you don't even believe that ....

nice troll, though.

i think we all know that standards for what is considered "beauty" are societal.

there was a time when fat women were considered beautiful. I seem to recall from art history that there was something called rubenesque.

Last edited:
i think we all know that standards for what is considered "beauty" are societal.

there was a time when fat women were considered beautiful.

Not quite. There was a time when women of a healthy weight filled the magazines- and most men still like such women over anorexic little things that break when you fuck them.

Regardless, you've still yet to give any reason to be upset because women know that clear, light skin is attractive.

☭proletarian☭;1842491 said:

Not quite. There was a time when women of a healthy weight filled the magazines- and most men still like such women over anorexic little things that break when you fuck them.

Regardless, you've still yet to give any reason to be upset because women know that clear, light skin is attractive.

i didn't say i'm upset. i said THEY have every reason to be upset. I stand by what i said before. i don't think there's any natural inherant benefit to any particular color. such benefit, perceived or otherwise, is a function of societal pressures... much like having curly hair is considered a positive or a negative depending on the particular period of time.

As for rubenesque:

url

Last edited:
said THEY have every reason to be upset

Why? Because women want to be beautiful?
i don't think there's any natural inherant benefit to any particular color

Then you failed advanced biology. Different races emerged due to different lines of evolution. The different races are adapted to their native environments.

First off, how is my respect for the women's desire to be beautiful per their own perception of beauty 'racist'? Oh, that's right, you're just an idiot.

Secondly, understanding human evolution has nothing to do with your butchery of the German language.

☭proletarian☭;1842513 said:
First off, how is my respect for the women's desire to be beautiful per their own perception of beauty 'racist'? Oh, that's right, you're just an idiot.

Secondly, understanding human evolution has nothing to do with your butchery of the German language.

so if someone thinks you're a racist because you think there's a genetic benefit to being one race over another THEY'RE the one who's an idiot?

lol.. you're funny...

in a sad and pathetic way, of course.

ahhhh...using a Z instead of an S is butchery in your mind?

must be that whole aryan purity thing.

and that hammer and sickle you seem to like wasn't such great shakes for the people who had to live under it.

Last edited:
:yawn:

So now you're upset because human evolve?

☭proletarian☭;1842491 said:

i didn't say i'm upset. i said THEY have every reason to be upset. I stand by what i said before. i don't think there's any natural inherant benefit to any particular color. such benefit, perceived or otherwise, is a function of societal pressures... much like having curly hair is considered a positive or a negative depending on the particular period of time.

As for rubenesque:

url

I think there is an inherent benefit to not being white. White skin doesn't age as well as black or asian/oriental skin. I think the sun is much harsher on whites than on the darker skin colors, therefor I see very little reason why anyone would want to be lighter except perhaps they aren't very educated and have been convinced that being a lighter color really is more beautiful. It might be, but only for a limited time. I still say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

White skin evolved because of the lack of sun in Northern Europe.Google 'Melanin Vitamin D sun"'

:lol:

Fact: the women wanted to be beautiful

Fact: They felt lighter skin was more attractive

Fact: You thought this was wrong but can give no reason why

Fact: Humans evolve

Fact: The races evolved according to different evolutionary pressures

Fact: You are upset over the last two facts and can't voice any reason for your objection

It seems you have a problem with reality.

That's odd. I'm a white woman with blue eyes and blonde hair. I sometimes wished I was more exotic looking, with darker skin and hair, like an Indian or such.

That's odd. I'm a white woman with blue eyes and blonde hair. I sometimes wished I was more exotic looking, with darker skin and hair, like an Indian or such.
Luuuuke. Come to the dark side.

I have dark hair, pale skin that is blotched with freckles, green eyes. My genes haven't yet decided what to do from an evolutionary standpoint. And, that's OK with me. My hair feels like an oven in the sunny summertime, I need to wear shades, I get burnt where there are no freckles and where there are freckles, they get bigger.

Looks like I'm an evolutionary retard. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back