JBS Among Meat Firms Linked To Slavery-Tainted Ranches In Brazil

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
RIO DE JANEIRO, Jan 5 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Brazilian meatpackers must clean up their supply chains, labor experts said on Tuesday, after an investigation showed six firms bought cattle from ranches that used slave labor.

Brazil's JBS, one of the world's largest meat processing firms, bought cattle from two ranches that later ended up on Brazil's "dirty list" of companies that employed slave labor, the anti-slavery rights group Reporter Brasil said this week.

JBS said it banned the two firms once they were on the dirty list, but it was unfair to expect JBS to stop working with any ranches facing allegations of slave labor from inspectors as those companies also had the right to defend their actions.

I didn't know they had a dirty list.

1609898841679.png

I thought the United States was the only country in the modern age that used slave labor because of all the white people that live here.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:
RIO DE JANEIRO, Jan 5 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Brazilian meatpackers must clean up their supply chains, labor experts said on Tuesday, after an investigation showed six firms bought cattle from ranches that used slave labor.

Brazil's JBS, one of the world's largest meat processing firms, bought cattle from two ranches that later ended up on Brazil's "dirty list" of companies that employed slave labor, the anti-slavery rights group Reporter Brasil said this week.

JBS said it banned the two firms once they were on the dirty list, but it was unfair to expect JBS to stop working with any ranches facing allegations of slave labor from inspectors as those companies also had the right to defend their actions.

What the fuck? How about Brazil shutdown any ranches that use slaves, as opposed to fining a company who bought cows from them? Are meatpackers expected to have slavery investigations before they buy cows from someone? :cuckoo:

View attachment 437814

I thought the United States was the only country in the modern age that used slave labor because of all the white people that live here.

Did you know that there are more slaves in Africa today, than any other time in history, including back when they were building pyramids? You wont hear a peep out of black people in the US though. They only care about shit that happen 200 years ago. As far as they are concerned, modern day slaves can go fuck themselves.

I didn’t know they used slave labor...

View attachment 437814

Did you know that there are more slaves in Africa today, than any other time in history, including back when they were building pyramids? You wont hear a peep out of black people in the US though. They only care about shit that happen 200 years ago. As far as they are concerned, modern day slaves can go fuck themselves.

1609902636304.png

How many South American countries (Beef, mutton, coffee, bananas, etc,..) do you think use slave labor?

I'll bet most.

Then there's south east Asia.

*****SMILE*****

Forum List

Back