Japan marks 76th anniversary of Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombings

Does Japan observe the rape of Nanjing too?
It should on an official level, and may; I'm sure various people and groups there do.
Japan isn't the poor witto victim they make them selves out to be.
Isn't it & do they?
For instance, how America instead stopped sending oil to Japan and boycotted Japan over their atrocities in Indochina.
Important historical note, though many believe FDR did this to provoke Japan into attacking our base in Pearl Harbor.

It worked if that was indeed the plan.
China especially.
Horrendous, and certainly comparable to numerous US war crimes before, during and since WWII.
Given the zeitgeist of 1940, given all that...Hiroshima & Nagasaki is pay back.
I guess I'm nearly unique in believing that incinerating my fellow human being is wrong - go figure.

America's oil embargo of Japan drove them to attack us.
It was certainly a HUGE factor, yes.
And that embargo was based on the Japanese inhumane war in China.
This was the alleged reason, though provoking Japan was also a likely goal.
The so called " 大東亜共栄圏' , or The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. So, lets talk about Japan's "innocence" here.
Do you feel that incinerating people is okay?

Different strokes I guess.

When the U.S. forces invaded Okinawa, which is the smallest and least populated of the 5 islands that make up the country of Japan, we had 49,000 casualties of which 12,000 were killed.
Japanese soldier's rarely surrendered and fought to death. Plus the entire Japanese civilian population, every man, woman, and child, was being trained on the main islands to attack and kill American soldiers using sharpened sticks, kitchen knives, and metal garden tools.
The U.S. military commanders estimated we would have between a million to two million American soldier casualties, and many more millions of Japanese citizens killed when we invaded Japan.
So yes, the dropping of the two atomic bombs saved millions of lives. ... :cool:
And even so it’s a ponderous price

Some argue that Truman is the most monstrous war criminal of all time, as Japan was prepared to surrender with only one condition - a condition met after the two acts of unspeakable terror.

Ike opposed the bombing, Einstein opposed it, and I'm guessing Jesus would have opposed it too.
What indication did Japan give that they where ready to surrender ?

You should look up Operation Downfall the planned invasion of the Japanese home islands. Estimated casualties for US troops where 250,000 with 5 to 10 million dead Japanese. The bombs ended the war and saved lives.

It was a low key event today as the U.S and Japan have become close allies and will need to lean on each other to deal with the biggest threat in the Pacific. There is also the Olympics and covid in full effect.

There will be a debate about which was worse, the nuclear bombs or the Wuhan Virus, if in fact, this virus was man made. Many more have died due to the Covid with even more sick.

My grandfather told me that the nuke was necessary as it saved many Western lives and the Japanese were never going to surrender.

Japan's Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga attended a memorial commemorating the 76th anniversary of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
I was stationed in Korea from 01-03 and the people still hate the Japanese for what they did to their Country.

I will make no firm assertion one way or the other (unlike yourself). I will await the official report from global intelligence agencies. Also, once China opens up their doors to full exploration.

Until then, any weakness shown by the West will be rightfully punished. I say rightfully because no one can claim ignorance or surprise.

It won't matter if Jesus Christ told you it wasn't man made. Your agenda won't accept that and you know it.
Even if it was proven to be man made, what can anyone do to China? Will you write them a stern letter of protest?
China have no obligation to open up under any circumstances and their current allowances of investigations is all they will ever give. The US will not stand over china like they have other ccountries.

And what's this punishment you speak of? Go to war with China? If that was an option, do it now because negotiations and investigations are over.
Don't go the tough guy military option. We don't have a good record with war.

Your argument is that alleged *lesser* acts of terror which allegedly prevent greater acts of terror are admirable.
You misuse the word “terror”

WWII was a conflict involving total war

the Allies were the good guy using any weapon available to them to defeat japan

And thank God we were the winners

Last edited:
was no more than a test. The Japanese were defeated and the US knew they were. After the bombings it was learned that the Japanese Diet was in session and working on the wording of the surrender. The US did not know how the bomb would affect a populated area and they also wanted to know the best type of bomb and elevation to achieve ultimate devastation. The bombs that were dropped on the two cities were
All of that was true as far as nuclear scientists, engineers, military planners ect were concerned

war is dirty business and America did not cause japan to invade china and begin the Pacific War against the US, Britain, Holland and others

and we owe no apologies for the way it ended

What indication did Japan give that they where ready to surrender ?
Time to educate yourself on the subject - good luck. :)

You should look up Operation Downfall the planned invasion of the Japanese home islands.
I'm familiar with it, as I hope you'll be when you begin to honestly pursue an understanding of the question you ask above. :)
Estimated casualties for US troops where 250,000 with 5 to 10 million dead Japanese.
The Japanese were desperate to surrender, so this has no meaning; the one condition they sought was met AFTER the two horrendous and unnecessary acts of terror at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
The bombs ended the war and saved lives.
No; the war was essentially over.

These were horrendous and unspeakable acts of grotesque terrorism - possibly the worst in human history.

Einstein, Ike and Jesus agree that they should NOT have happened.

Last edited:
You misuse the word “terror”
One of us clearly doesn't understand the definition of terrorism - that of the US government in fact.
WWII was a conflict involving total war
While I'm sure bin Laden would applaud such sentiments & steadfastly apply them to his own actions, I tend to define terrorism as terrorism.
the Allies were the good guy using any weapon available to them to defeat japan
The US committed horrendous war crimes and acts of extreme terrorism throughout the war, culminating in what many believe to be the most unspeakable acts of terror in human history at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
And thank God we were the winners
And wrote much of the history which minimizes/obscures US terrorism/war crimes.

Einstein, Ike and Jesus agree that they should NOT have happened.
You cant speak for Jesus

Eisenhower was not in the Pacific theater so his opinion is merely that

just his opinion

There you go off topic again
Not at all - the subject is extreme terrorism inflicted by the US at Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

The shocking response from conservatives here is overwhelmingly pro-terror/terrorist.

And opposition to Einstein, Ike and Jesus.

So the pro-bin Laden stance I'm seeing here is HIGHLY relevant as well as deeply disturbing.
and all because you cant understand total war between imperial japan and the world
Nonsensical ad hominem.

Forum List

Back