Jan. 6 rioter who electroshocked Michael Fanone shouts 'Trump won' after receiving a 12.5 year sentence

iku

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2023
Another rioter faces the wrath of justice. 151 months is 12 years, 7 months.
That is a long time. It is wrong on so many levels. I am not sure if justice is served.
Is it possible to vote from prison? Anyone know for sure?

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson imposed Rodriguez's 151-month sentence, saying he was a “one-man army of hate, attacking police officers and destroying property” on Jan. 6. Rodriguez was responsible for his own behavior even if Trump had been making "irresponsible and knowingly false claims that the election had been stolen," she said.

Fanone, Jackson said, was "protecting the very essence of democracy," and Rodriguez was "among the most serious offenders" on Jan. 6. "He's not just a follower, he calls for action," Jackson said, referencing Rodriguez's violent rhetoric immediately after Trump lost the 2020 election. Jackson said there was no indication that Rodriguez had any mental or cognitive impairments, referring to the defendant as "a man of average intelligence."

Ahead of his sentencing, Rodriguez spoke for about 20 minutes in a rambling speech, saying he “truly” thought a civil war was going to begin and that he believed the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers formed because police were standing down across the country. He acknowledged his actions against Fanone, but stopped short of an apology.

"Life has always seemed unfair to me," Rodriguez said, speaking of inequality in the country before referring to himself as "an American supremacist." If allowed to go home, Rodriguez said, he would go back to "driving a forklift with my GED and living with my mom," claiming that he did not present a future threat.

That is a long time. It is wrong on so many levels. I am not sure if justice is served.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson imposed Rodriguez's 151-month sentence, saying he was a “one-man army of hate, attacking police officers and destroying property” on Jan. 6. Rodriguez was responsible for his own behavior even if Trump had been making "irresponsible and knowingly false claims that the election had been stolen," she said.

Fanone, Jackson said, was "protecting the very essence of democracy," and Rodriguez was "among the most serious offenders" on Jan. 6. "He's not just a follower, he calls for action," Jackson said, referencing Rodriguez's violent rhetoric immediately after Trump lost the 2020 election. Jackson said there was no indication that Rodriguez had any mental or cognitive impairments, referring to the defendant as "a man of average intelligence."

Ahead of his sentencing, Rodriguez spoke for about 20 minutes in a rambling speech, saying he “truly” thought a civil war was going to begin and that he believed the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers formed because police were standing down across the country. He acknowledged his actions against Fanone, but stopped short of an apology.

"Life has always seemed unfair to me," Rodriguez said, speaking of inequality in the country before referring to himself as "an American supremacist." If allowed to go home, Rodriguez said, he would go back to "driving a forklift with my GED and living with my mom," claiming that he did not present a future threat.

You forgot to mention him yelling "Trump won" after being sentenced. Just like the wack jobs on here.

But this is yet another great day for America getting another violent trumpanzee locked away.

You forgot to mention him yelling "Trump won" after being sentenced. Just like the wack jobs on here.

But this is yet another great day for America getting another violent trumpanzee locked away.
I didn't forget.

Jan. 6 rioter who electroshocked Michael Fanone shouts 'Trump won' after receiving a 12.5 year sentence​

There have been several prison reform bills passed in the last decade and overcrowding is a major problem. He won't serve more than 4 years if he is a model prisoner.
He will. And he will not be pardoned.

Another person that trump says he will pardon. Used a stun gun on the neck.of a policeman.

And he still buys the BIG LIE.
There are actual murderers and child molesters who've gotten less time in the clink.
The judicial system is broken

Another victory for democracy.

Correct. Same for the Hunter Biden sentencing. Another victory for Democracy.
I love to see the justice system in action.

Right. A victory for criminal all across the country. No longer will they have to obey gun laws.

Forum List

Back