Jan. 6 rioter who electroshocked Michael Fanone shouts 'Trump won' after receiving a 12.5 year sentence

Another rioter faces the wrath of justice. 151 months is 12 years, 7 months.
That is a long time. It is wrong on so many levels. I am not sure if justice is served.
Is it possible to vote from prison? Anyone know for sure?

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson imposed Rodriguez's 151-month sentence, saying he was a “one-man army of hate, attacking police officers and destroying property” on Jan. 6. Rodriguez was responsible for his own behavior even if Trump had been making "irresponsible and knowingly false claims that the election had been stolen," she said.

Fanone, Jackson said, was "protecting the very essence of democracy," and Rodriguez was "among the most serious offenders" on Jan. 6. "He's not just a follower, he calls for action," Jackson said, referencing Rodriguez's violent rhetoric immediately after Trump lost the 2020 election. Jackson said there was no indication that Rodriguez had any mental or cognitive impairments, referring to the defendant as "a man of average intelligence."

Ahead of his sentencing, Rodriguez spoke for about 20 minutes in a rambling speech, saying he “truly” thought a civil war was going to begin and that he believed the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers formed because police were standing down across the country. He acknowledged his actions against Fanone, but stopped short of an apology.

"Life has always seemed unfair to me," Rodriguez said, speaking of inequality in the country before referring to himself as "an American supremacist." If allowed to go home, Rodriguez said, he would go back to "driving a forklift with my GED and living with my mom," claiming that he did not present a future threat.

Thats a shame.

You lose again

I thought you admired liars...since you swoon over the Prince of Liars...trump

Hillary conceded. That is democracy
trump is a whiny loser who has soiled our country with his lies.
I proved you were a liar. You are a proven liar I don't lie. You do

That is a long time. It is wrong on so many levels. I am not sure if justice is served.

What the fuck is wrong about it?

He wasn't sentenced just for shocking a cop, which is bad in and of itself but not worth a 12-year term, I'd agree.

He was sentence to 12 years for shocking a cop and being part of one of the most infamous civil disturbances in our country's history. He got what he deserved. I'd be okay with letting him out earlier if he behaves himself. People make mistakes - even big ones. Shouldn't have his life ruined over one bad day of bad decisions, but he needs some quality time behind bars to sort his shit out.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson imposed Rodriguez's 151-month sentence, saying he was a “one-man army of hate, attacking police officers and destroying property” on Jan. 6. Rodriguez was responsible for his own behavior even if Trump had been making "irresponsible and knowingly false claims that the election had been stolen," she said.

Fanone, Jackson said, was "protecting the very essence of democracy," and Rodriguez was "among the most serious offenders" on Jan. 6. "He's not just a follower, he calls for action," Jackson said, referencing Rodriguez's violent rhetoric immediately after Trump lost the 2020 election. Jackson said there was no indication that Rodriguez had any mental or cognitive impairments, referring to the defendant as "a man of average intelligence."

Ahead of his sentencing, Rodriguez spoke for about 20 minutes in a rambling speech, saying he “truly” thought a civil war was going to begin and that he believed the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers formed because police were standing down across the country. He acknowledged his actions against Fanone, but stopped short of an apology.

"Life has always seemed unfair to me," Rodriguez said, speaking of inequality in the country before referring to himself as "an American supremacist." If allowed to go home, Rodriguez said, he would go back to "driving a forklift with my GED and living with my mom," claiming that he did not present a future threat.

if he had only been a democrat and shot a cop or burned down a city or something....shouting on your opinion is a horrific crime

Too good not to share. Here’s a video of the same guy crying while he was being interrogated.

I love the MAGA tears. :laugh:

I proved you were a liar. You are a proven liar I don't lie. You do
What do you think of the Trump Worker's Party so far?

What do you think of the Trump Worker's Party so far?

For the most part Biden pretty much sucks in all categories. Have you been to the grocery store lately my liar friend?

In Germany prisoners are not allowed to vote if they have committed crimes against the Federal Republic. This is the case with electoral fraud, treason, high treason and anti-constitutional sabotage. No idea about the situation in the USA. In general I personally see a big problem in such laws - but Nazis and Commies force us to be careful. On the other hand: If a prisoner has been convicted of assault, robbery, theft, or murder, he or she may continue to vote. Do we really like to let vote such people? But what if someone is innocent who is in jail? ...

There are actual murderers and child molesters who've gotten less time in the clink.
The judicial system is broken

No. I do not think so. We arrested Hitler for to try a coup in Bavaria. Unfortunatelly he was jailed not long enough. History would perhaps be another history now.

151 months is a miscarriage of justice

Hmmm ... This crime is comparable with a football fan who attacked a policeman with an electro-shocker because his team did not win - although the policeman had perhaps also been a fan of this football-team but has the duty to do his job for America first. What is the normal sentence for a "dangerous and hurting assault on a police officer with a weapon"? (Except a place on a graveyard on reason of self-defense).

Last edited:
Americans are suspicious of actions by Democrats during the 2020 election. Not surprisingly, Democrats would like to sweep it all under the rug.

Hmmm ... This crime is comparable with a football fan who attacked a policeman with an electro-shocker because his team did not win - although the policeman had perhaps also been a fan of this football-team but has the duty to do his job for America first. What is the normal sentence for a "dangerous and hurting assault on a police officer with a weapon"? (Except a place on a graveyard on reason of self-defense).
The problem is the inconsistency of sentences handed out by the judges

The jan 6 rioters are being given harsh punishments for political reasons

Libs will deny that but its pretty clear that there is an anti trump bias

The problem is the inconsistency of sentences handed out by the judges

The jan 6 rioters are being given harsh punishments for political reasons

If it would be so then also this would had been totally okay because he is not only an enemy of the people who live in the USA - he is also an enemy of the complete political system of the USA which has to protect all this people. 4-12 years seems to be okay in my view to the world. 1 year for sure would not had been long enough.

Libs will deny that but its pretty clear that there is an anti trump bias

Donald Trump is in my view to the world an enemy of Germany and a hight traitor of the USA. So it's difficult for me to understand your luxury problem now. Your whole republican party is in danger to go lost. Once your Republicans had been anti-royalists and democrats and now they are suddenly the loyalists of a superrich superidiot, a good friend of Putin and other superrich autocrats in the world? For autocrats against democrats? What's wrong with "you"? How had it been possible that a man like Donald Trump got more than one vote?

Last edited:
If it would be so then also this would be totally okay because they are not only enemies of people who live in the USA - they are also enemies of the complete political system of the USA which has to protect all this people.

Donald Trump is in my view to the world an enemy of Germany and a hight traitor of the USA. So it's difficult for me to understand your luxury problem now. Your whole republican party is in danger to go lost. Once your republicans had been anti-royalists and democrats and now they are suddenly the loyalists of a superrich superidiot, a good friend of Putin and other superrich autocrats in the world? What's wrong with "you"? How had it been possible that a man like Donald Trump got more than one vote?
This is an American issue that you are not part of

Mind your own business

And blm rioters get a month or two in jail for viciously beating the hell out of people. Sometimes they avoid jail.

The countless times that we hear about some youth in a major city robbing somebody or brutally assaulting somebody and then they’re out of jail the next week. What about that.

This is a miscarriage of justice.

Never would I have thought the Democrats and their racist supporters will become so bloodthirsty and savage and cruel. But they will be checked and this won’t be lasting for that long. Hopefully a different judge or a moral politician will be able to overturn these types of unjust prison sentences toward the January 6 protesters

Why don’t Democrats and their racist supporters care about facts anymore. ? The January 6 protesters killed nobody. They didn’t even shoot anybody. Compare that to the BLM rioters that murder 25 people , shot hundreds of people, thousands of people were attacked brutally.

Forum List

Back