Jack Reacher

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
In the Reacher novels by Lee Child, Reacher is a really big guy around 6-6 and doesn't have great driving skills. No matter how they photograph him, Tom Cruise is sill around 5-8 and the movie has the obligatory car chase. I like Duvall as the former Marine who runs the shooting club though. It's mildly entertaining.

In the Reacher novels by Lee Child, Reacher is a really big guy around 6-6 and doesn't have great driving skills. No matter how they photograph him, Tom Cruise is sill around 5-8 and the movie has the obligatory car chase. I like Duvall as the former Marine who runs the shooting club though. It's mildly entertaining.

We have high hopes for the coming Reacher TV series. However, when it's all said and done with the Reacher novels they are mostly the same kind of deal. That being said Lee Child seems like a really decent dude.

We have high hopes for the coming Reacher TV series. However, when it's all said and done with the Reacher novels they are mostly the same kind of deal. That being said Lee Child seems like a really decent dude.

His brother has taken over the writing of the novels. Seems he is ready to retire but want to leave the fans angry. His brother, 14 years his junior, has been along for the entire ride, having read the very first version of the first novel, and is an author in his own right. The last couple of books have been written by both of them and I believe the next one will be an Andrew Child solo effort.

The movie has an interesting plot where a U.S. Army trained former sniper is framed for multiple murders. Hunter's Bob Lee Swagger novels had a similar plot.

You are like way behind these are old movies.

very mildly

I don't think I can take watching a movie where Cruise (59) ridiculously plays the part of a 35 year old.
He just barely got away with it in "The Oblivion" 9 years ago. Most agree it was a bit icky having a girl 19 years younger than him pretending to be his partner. Now it is just downright silly.

I don't think I can take watching a movie where Cruise (59) ridiculously plays the part of a 35 year old.
He just barely got away with it in "The Oblivion" 9 years ago. Most agree it was a bit icky having a girl 19 years younger than him pretending to be his partner. Now it is just downright silly.
I agree. The part is made for a much younger man. However if you are familiar with the Reacher books then you know that this old fort can take on a dozen or more bad guys half his age when he's bound and injured and he will send them all to hospital or to the morgue. There is just no end to the power of Reacher.

Forum List

Back