Flaming Star(1960)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Elvis acts !!

And does a fine job of it as well.
He plays the ultimate outsider. His Dad is a white man and his Mam is a Kiowa Princess. Elvis comes under pressure from both sides of his family. Elvis just wants to get along but that isnt always our decision.

The film deals with racism and more adult issues and I am guessing it lost a large part of the typical Elvis audience because of that. Its a shame because he really could act and he put a shift in on this picture that wasnt always evident in some of the more cheesy films he played in.

Don Siegal directs which is no handicap and John Mcintire plays Pa. I think he was one of the owners of Shiloh in the Virginian. A top actor.

Its a shame that arsehole Parker robbed Elvis of his acting career as well as screwing up his singing career.

Catch it if you can.

First time I've heard of this.

I didn't much care for Elvis until I heard that he was really kind to his fans and the people he met.

And that he used to like to sit on the toilet on the upper floor and shoot squirrels out the window at his Graceland mansion.

..yes it's a good movie and Elvis does well
BUT--you fkd up: Elvis is playing a Native American!!!!!!!!!! you people have been screaming how RACIST/etc that is
..make up your mind Tommy

..yes it's a good movie and Elvis does well
BUT--you fkd up: Elvis is playing a Native American!!!!!!!!!! you people have been screaming how RACIST/etc that is
..make up your mind Tommy
Hi mother was a Kiowa, his father was white. Elvis was made an honorary native American for his part after the film. That is some honour. Its all moot, everybody knows that Elvis was Welsh anyway.

First time I've heard of this.

I didn't much care for Elvis until I heard that he was really kind to his fans and the people he met.

And that he used to like to sit on the toilet on the upper floor and shoot squirrels out the window at his Graceland mansion.
How can you not like Elvis ? Are you insane ?

Elvis acts !!

And does a fine job of it as well.
He plays the ultimate outsider. His Dad is a white man and his Mam is a Kiowa Princess. Elvis comes under pressure from both sides of his family. Elvis just wants to get along but that isnt always our decision.

The film deals with racism and more adult issues and I am guessing it lost a large part of the typical Elvis audience because of that. Its a shame because he really could act and he put a shift in on this picture that wasnt always evident in some of the more cheesy films he played in.

Don Siegal directs which is no handicap and John Mcintire plays Pa. I think he was one of the owners of Shiloh in the Virginian. A top actor.

Its a shame that arsehole Parker robbed Elvis of his acting career as well as screwing up his singing career.

Catch it if you can.

Tommy, when I saw your thread title of flaming star I thought it was about you. I mean....I've always thought you were a flamer. :D

Hi mother was a Kiowa, his father was white. Elvis was made an honorary native American for his part after the film. That is some honour. Its all moot, everybody knows that Elvis was Welsh anyway.
bullshit -he was white ....his mother wasn't NA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIAR

Elvis is playing a Native American
1636325329000.png

~S~

you a very stupid--you people complain when non-NAs play NAs in movies --now you are praising it--make up your mind
The film is 60 years old you cretin.Whitey played all the parts in every film at the time. We are a lot more enlightened these days but it doesnt negate Elvis doing a good job.

Why cant you crazies just enjoy the show without tying yourself up in a racist knot ?

The film is 60 years old you cretin.Whitey played all the parts in every film at the time. We are a lot more enlightened these days but it doesnt negate Elvis doing a good job.

Why cant you crazies just enjoy the show without tying yourself up in a racist knot ?
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
but you are PRAISING a white man playing an NA!!!!!!!!!!! it doesn't matter WHEN he did it

Elvis was drafted and served in the U.S. Army. If I had a favorite movie it would be G.I. Blues but Elvis movies were all cotton candy pop stuff.

Forum List

Back