I've talked my wife into submitting an inquiry with the EEOC - Does she have a case?

We're not going to pursue it. She's decided to just move on and let them run their Sodomite church without her.

Oh, I just read this update. Rest assured that they will be running a church that is no more than a social justice club attempting to invoke a God they abandoned, because they have judged that they are better than Him, they can move on.

I will still pray for her--again, please keep us posted.

hubby was raised to be sb minister....his father is one...so i ask him....what she should do...he said she has to go....
and that is why you have a multitude of small churches due to churches breaking up over things like this...

right now there seem to be an upheaval in most churches....you will never reconcile those who believe the bible is the word of god,...period ...and those who have broad interpretation of the bible

does anyone even mention the holy spirit anymore?

I'm not sure how to interpret that, but I can explain more about what is happening. The problem my wife is having is directly-related to her being involved in a disaffiliation movement in the church she attends. For decades now the United Methodist Church has been trending towards progressive theology that rejects the authority of Scripture, orthodox theology, and biblical sexual ethics. Even though the UMC the Book of Discipline still affirms key biblical positions, many UMC conferences and leaders, along with most of the bishops, have ignored the Book of Discipline and rejected Scriptural teachings. They are becoming a denomination that denies the truth and authority of Scripture and embraces unbiblical teachings, such as same-sex marriage and the ordination of openly gay clergy.

I applaud my wife and others for sticking to their faith and wanting to break away from the liberal churches’ continued defiance of the United Methodist Church’s own Book of Discipline, even if it means losing her job. She is doing what her conscience dictates, and I am 100% behind her.

maybe the head knows what the outcome will be but the heart wishes for better? is what i meant to say...

This may be of interest to you concerning sodomites and such in the Methodist church.

There is is in black and white. The 2019 addendum to the Book of Discipline allowed UMC churches to disaffiliate because of their traditional belief that gays should not be ordained, and same-sex marriages are prohibited. Since then, thousands of United Methodist Churches have chosen to separate themselves from them.

There is is in black and white. The 2019 addendum to the Book of Discipline allowed UMC churches to disaffiliate because of their traditional belief that gays should not be ordained, and same-sex marriages are prohibited. Since then, thousands of United Methodist Churches have chosen to separate themselves from them.
Keep on reading. Some procedural matters in all that you may find interesting too.

What procedural matters? I'm not very good at interpreting legalese.
From what I read complaints are taken seriously against wueerdom from the pulpit. It's not acceptable nor is immoral conduct by clergy, etc...

From what I read complaints are taken seriously against wueerdom from the pulpit. It's not acceptable nor is immoral conduct by clergy, etc...

That is true. Even though the UMC is openly-embracing queer liberation theory, the conducting of gay weddings, and drag queens preaching to children, those are still specifically prohibited in the book of Discipline.

That shows the hypocrisy of the modern-day Methodist church. That is why so many congregations are wanting to distance themselves from the UMC.

United Methodist Church commissions first non-binary trans person as a Deacon - Believe Out Loud

Forum List

Back