It's time to legalize Marijuana

Continue to sell pot at a cheaper rate, more potent and/or mixed with other chemicals.
No, for the most part they wont. There is no massive underground alcohol black market and the reason is rather simple - you cant compete.

There is no way that people are going to buy their pot from a seedy source when there is a local store they can go and pick up what they want. There is also almost no way that the illegal sources are going to be able to compete with commercialization.

Actually, there is a large black market for alcohol. There's a billion dollar a year black market for cigarettes.
And prostitution..
The cartels will continue their reign of terror, selling black market marijuana.
But at a reduced rate and quantity...

The price will go down some, but the volume will increase. The cartels will probably make more money because of the increased volume and dodging taxes on the product.

Its a fantasy to think the cartels are going to just sit back and let mom and pop pot stores put them out of business.

No, for the most part they wont. There is no massive underground alcohol black market and the reason is rather simple - you cant compete.

There is no way that people are going to buy their pot from a seedy source when there is a local store they can go and pick up what they want. There is also almost no way that the illegal sources are going to be able to compete with commercialization.

Actually, there is a large black market for alcohol. There's a billion dollar a year black market for cigarettes.
And prostitution..
The cartels will continue their reign of terror, selling black market marijuana.

The price will go down some, but the volume will increase. The cartels will probably make more money because of the increased volume and dodging taxes on the product.

Its a fantasy to think the cartels are going to just sit back and let mom and pop pot stores put them out of business.
The stores will not do it, it will be private cultivation, just like home breweries....It's more about freedoms and less about law breakers....

And prostitution..

You don't know a single thing about marijuana do you. The last people who want weed legalized are the cartels.

...and being on the left...

ooopsie!! i am NOT a lefty, i am a hard RIGHTIE, and realist, i believe GOD's herb has more beneficial qualities than detrimental when used responsibly for medical and/or spiritual reasons, NOT recklessly. :up:
My apologies.
That being one of the worst insults that can be directed at anyone, I am deeply and painfully regretting calling you a lefty.
please forgive me.

I never ever used the stuff but I actually do think that drugs should be decriminalized. It just seems that the we have created a black market like affect with its prohibition.

Mexican Cartels lose a lot of money, our prison system is less stressed, we have a massive reduction in the number of illegal drug dealers, cops are safer, cops spend their time more productively...

I mean damn are you stupid? Is this hard for you? Do you want to tell us how we benefit by keeping it illegal?
I wonder what the pot dealers will start selling when they lose their business selling pot..
or do you think they will just go get a job at McDonalds or something flipping burgers.

Please enlighten us... what will criminal pot dealers do if marijuana is legalized and it stops benefiting them to be criminals?

Continue to sell pot at a cheaper rate, more potent and/or mixed with other chemicals.

No, there isn't. It is there, of course, but extremely small. Almost no one illegally sells alcohol where illegal drugs are all over the place.

Mexican Cartels lose a lot of money, our prison system is less stressed, we have a massive reduction in the number of illegal drug dealers, cops are safer, cops spend their time more productively...

I mean damn are you stupid? Is this hard for you? Do you want to tell us how we benefit by keeping it illegal?
I wonder what the pot dealers will start selling when they lose their business selling pot..
or do you think they will just go get a job at McDonalds or something flipping burgers.

Please enlighten us... what will criminal pot dealers do if marijuana is legalized and it stops benefiting them to be criminals?

They already are! They do it now in Colorado. You just want to change the face of the dealer. Some white boys wanted to tap that cash. That's what I find amusing about this argument. It's got nothing to do with prisons. Even if it did, this is not about releasing people from prison. It will be about making sure they do time because they are dealing without a license. They will be cutting into someone's cash.

There are a lot of misconceptions about prohibition. You just needed a prescription for alcohol from your doctor to obtain it. What else was going on in a speakeasy? Gambling. What was the mob doing before hand? The same as they were doing during and after prohibition---protection money, prostitution, etc. Prior to prohibition was the Black Hand.........extortion. Italians had already been making wine in their backyards for years. People had distilleries in their back yards for years.

Frankly, I find the "legitimate" dealer seedier than the others because of the level of dishonesty that is thrown out there. Call it what it is. White boys wanted the cash and wanted to look "respectable" doing it.
It has everything to do with prisons (or more correctly rights) and nothing to do with racism as you seem to want to drag into this.

Whatever 'prohibition' misconceptions you seem to think exist, the fact that illegal alcohol sales were high when it was illegal and almost non-existent now. The MOB and other criminal enterprises did not get into protection, prostitution, gambling and other income sources because alcohol became legal and that shut off the tap in that arena - they always ran those rackets and continued after. Prohibition only increased their ability to do so and increased their profits with a new product.

I have to wonder at the silly statement that you trust the seedy dealer on the side of the street more than the local store as well. Do you buy your chicken from an underground source? How about your gas? Perhaps you would prefer to buy all your products from a black market yet I seriously doubt that you actually do. Why?

It has everything to do with prisons (or more correctly rights) and nothing to do with racism as you seem to want to drag into this.

It has NOTHING to do with prisons and NOTHING to do with rights. It's about some white boys wanting to tap that cash.

Whatever 'prohibition' misconceptions you seem to think exist, the fact that illegal alcohol sales were high when it was illegal and almost non-existent now.

Oh, really? What numbers do you have? Some states didn't bother to enforce it. Those that did had ways around it.

il_570xN.752564341_but4.jpg

Prohibition helped make Walgreens -Fact.

The MOB and other criminal enterprises did not get into protection, prostitution, gambling and other income sources because alcohol became legal and that shut off the tap in that arena - they always ran those rackets and continued after. Prohibition only increased their ability to do so and increased their profits with a new product.

I just said the mob had that before during and after. Prohibition did not increase their ability to do so. It was legal to drink. You could legally make your own wine and cider. Like I said, people had been making their own wine and had their own distilleries. What you also had was a bunch of people that wanted to make their own but did not know how to do it and that is where it sucked.
I have to wonder at the silly statement that you trust the seedy dealer on the side of the street more than the local store as well. Do you buy your chicken from an underground source? How about your gas? Perhaps you would prefer to buy all your products from a black market yet I seriously doubt that you actually do. Why?

Wonder no more...........dealers will tell you that they do it for the cash. They aren't going to make up a bunch of save the world bed time stories.

My apologies.
That being one of the worst insults that can be directed at anyone, I am deeply and painfully regretting calling you a lefty.
please forgive me.

not a problem my friend, you are forgiven, and do not let it pain you as you say, allow me to remove that pain, i just have some very open minded views and opinions about this herb called Marijuana, i believe GOD gave to mankind to be used sensibly, such as medicinally and for spiritual purposes and not abused as do most people who do use it.

YOU ARE FORGIVEN, now lets get back to bashing the libertards, OK??

Forum List

Back