It's time to legalize Marijuana

Nobody has EVER overdosed on marijuana. AND it has medicinal properties. But because black jazz musicians smoked it almost 100 years ago it's banned in America.

WTF PEOPLE???!!!
WTF is right.
where do you come up with this black musician crap? Or is this just a way to turn it in to a racial issue.
Now if you dont think marijuana should be legal, its because you are a racist.. LOL
I have to say this, the left just keeps slipping more and more away from reality at an alarmingly fast rate.

Granted the left are awful at making arguments even when they are right, OldSchool demonstrates that dynamic. But in the end, all illegal pot does is drive up crime, fund the mob, destabalize inner cities, fund international crime, lead to the murder of police. It's all downside because guess what, we still have the pot. Ask any teenager in any high school to score some weed for you and they will.

Look what happened to organized crime during prohibition, it exploded, and when prohibition ended, it imploded. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it

Genesis 1:11-12 King James Version (KJV)
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

how is this for starters??

Way past time to de-criminalize Pot.

Overdue for 30 years.

Gateway drug, my pasty white ass.

It's not a gateway drug, the dealer is the gateway, not the Pot.

If Little Johnny and Mary could get their Pot from a non-dealer, from a retail outlet where other hard and VERY dangerous drugs are kept under lock and key, there would be less temptation to try something else.

Little Johnny and Mary leave home and go off to School or otherwise get out from the protective wings of Mom and Dad, try Pot and go, "Hmmm. This ain't so bad. Been doing it now for a year and I can take it or leave it. No addiction problem at all. So obviously, Mommy and Daddy were fibbing to me about how dangerous Pot is. Wonder if they were fibbing about Crack and Heroine, too? Let's find out"

It's hard for government to admit they were wrong about something. Especially the Law Enforcement wing of government. Very regressive people there. Very. They're one of the dumbest arms of government. And that's quite a feat.

Of course, they'll just use the cop-out of, Befehl ist Befehl
Not a gateway drug in the way people think, to be honest, the gateway part would most likely go away if legalized.
with pot being illegal and treated the same as drugs like opiods, and whatnot, pot smokers often end up at parties and gatherings where those other illicit drugs are being used. Sooner or later due to curiosity and availability, some might end up trying those drugs. Some might become addicted. So if pot were legal, I would guess that more pot smokers would end up smoking in safer places, like alcohol drinkers do now. It could reduce the exposure to the illicit drugs and by extension the easy opportunity to obtain them.
Making it illegal could actually be the gateway link they are thinking is there.

where do you come up with this black musician crap? Or is this just a way to turn it in to a racial issue.

to help you understand the "black musician" part i submit this: Emperor

please read..., thank you !!
I understand that, But the black musicians was not the complete reason. so it is false to present it as 'THE" reason its illegal. and being on the left certainly you can understand the reasons behind not presenting a stoners book when it comes to a discussion on the merits of marijuana.

All I have to say is here in California legalization is on the ballot in November and it better pass. I have been looking for just the right bong though I'm not a bong person. I prefer rolling fatties (no not in flour) and the occasional pinner.

Its way past time to legalize this, it chills people out as opposed to alcohol, and it would free up the police load and free a lot of people that do not deal and should not be in prison.

And if it doesn't work out there is nothing stopping us from making illegal again. But, I think it will work out juuuuuust fine.

All I have to say is here in California legalization is on the ballot in November and it better pass. I have been looking for just the right bong though I'm not a bong person. I prefer rolling fatties (no not in flour) and the occasional pinner.

Its way past time to legalize this, it chills people out as opposed to alcohol, and it would free up the police load and free a lot of people that do not deal and should not be in prison.

And if it doesn't work out there is nothing stopping us from making illegal again. But, I think it will work out juuuuuust fine.
wrestling fatties in flour.

What do we have to gain from legalizing marijuana?

Mexican Cartels lose a lot of money, our prison system is less stressed, we have a massive reduction in the number of illegal drug dealers, cops are safer, cops spend their time more productively...

I mean damn are you stupid? Is this hard for you? Do you want to tell us how we benefit by keeping it illegal?
I wonder what the pot dealers will start selling when they lose their business selling pot..
or do you think they will just go get a job at McDonalds or something flipping burgers.

Please enlighten us... what will criminal pot dealers do if marijuana is legalized and it stops benefiting them to be criminals?

Continue to sell pot at a cheaper rate, more potent and/or mixed with other chemicals.
No, for the most part they wont. There is no massive underground alcohol black market and the reason is rather simple - you cant compete.

There is no way that people are going to buy their pot from a seedy source when there is a local store they can go and pick up what they want. There is also almost no way that the illegal sources are going to be able to compete with commercialization.

Actually, there is a large black market for alcohol. There's a billion dollar a year black market for cigarettes.

Mexican Cartels lose a lot of money, our prison system is less stressed, we have a massive reduction in the number of illegal drug dealers, cops are safer, cops spend their time more productively...

I mean damn are you stupid? Is this hard for you? Do you want to tell us how we benefit by keeping it illegal?
I wonder what the pot dealers will start selling when they lose their business selling pot..
or do you think they will just go get a job at McDonalds or something flipping burgers.

Please enlighten us... what will criminal pot dealers do if marijuana is legalized and it stops benefiting them to be criminals?

Continue to sell pot at a cheaper rate, more potent and/or mixed with other chemicals.
No, for the most part they wont. There is no massive underground alcohol black market and the reason is rather simple - you cant compete.

There is no way that people are going to buy their pot from a seedy source when there is a local store they can go and pick up what they want. There is also almost no way that the illegal sources are going to be able to compete with commercialization.

Actually, there is a large black market for alcohol. There's a billion dollar a year black market for cigarettes.
And prostitution..

TheOldSchool....you may be interested in this. I do sport jiujitsu and one of the legends teaching is a guy named Eddie Bravo. World class grappler....but also one of the most interesting pro weed advocates you'll ever meet. His jiujitsu books are revolutionary but they all dedicate the first 15 pages or so to debunking the anti weed stuff. You should read some of his stuff. His books at Barnes and Noble in sports section called 10th Planet Jiujitsu "Twister" or "The Rubber Guard". His stuff is probably 1/2 of what changed my outlook (police experience other 1/2) on it.

Home

View attachment 66791

Bravo is a beast, 100% no wiggle room

And prostitution..
prostitution should seriously be legal. I wouldnt use one but there is more good to come from it than bad.

And prostitution..
The cartels will continue their reign of terror, selling black market marijuana.

And prostitution..
The cartels will continue their reign of terror, selling black market marijuana.
But at a reduced rate and quantity...

The 'War on Drugs' is a National Disaster. Due mostly to archaic cruel drug laws, the U.S. now locks up more of its Citizens per capita, than any other nation on earth. It is time to decriminalize some drugs.

Marijuana should have been decriminalized many years ago. No one should ever be locked away in a cage for smoking Marijuana. Let's end the 'War on Drugs.' And then let's dramatically scale back the DEA. It's one of the most corrupt institutions in the world. Hopefully one day it can be abolished all-together.

The 'War on Drugs' is a National Disaster. Due mostly to archaic cruel drug laws, the U.S. now locks up more of its Citizens per capita, than any other nation on earth. It is time to decriminalize some drugs.

Marijuana should have been decriminalized many years ago. No one should ever be locked away in a cage for smoking Marijuana. Let's end the 'War on Drugs.' And then let's dramatically scale back the DEA. It's one of the most corrupt institutions in the world. Hopefully one day it can be abolished all-together.
Just ask the UN when.....

Forum List

Back