It's over: Cruz leaves Senate floor after marathon crusade

What a wimp. Only 21 hours? Good riddance.

After 21 hours, Cruz ends Senate floor marathon - First Read

After more than 21 hours and no bathroom break, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz ended his talk-a-thon against Obamacare at high noon on Wednesday.

You really are a little wanker. :lol:

He's beat everyone's record on the floor oh and there's a little something that obviously you are unaware of.

But parliamentary procedures already in place dictated that Cruz would have to yield the floor by 1 p.m. Wednesday at the latest so that voting on the funding bill could proceed.

Senate votes to proceed with funding bill - The Washington Post

I really have to check to see when I negged you the last time. You're the type of poster who deserves to hit negatives.

I admire that man. He pisses off the GOP ruling class and the democraps at the same time. Excellent work.

He's a nut.
Although I respected Ted Cruz before his fillibuster, I respect him even more now. Probably not as much as you LOVE the Demcrats who left the Benghazi hearings when the families of the dead began speaking, but thats okay.

Knee-jerk, political hack. When are we going to THINK FOR OURSELVES and not post the party line over and over again... major fail.

Oh and the man you are calling a wimp?

Shortly before 7 a.m. ET, Cruz passed Sen. William Proxmire, D-Wis., who spoke on the Senate floor for 16 hours, 12 minutes in 1981 to protest raising the nation's debt limit. In terms of time spent controlling the floor, Cruz has passed such legendary Senate talkers as Robert Byrd, Alfonse D'Amato and Huey Long as he brought attention to Obama's signature domestic achievement

Ted Cruz still talking today in Obamacare protest

I'm not sure he "highlighted" problems of obamacare so much as he garnered attention from those who think govt has no role in HC, which is a political position that has now lost two consecutive presidential elections, and most likely Hillary will be running in a third ... with control of the supreme court going to the party who wins that election. So, strategically, I'm not sure this was a win, though any damage is minimal because Cruz will not be the gop nominee. He's made too many enemies. Incidentally, Christie has made some too, though he has wall st across the river.

I'm curious if Cruz had any effect on various gop proposals to modify obamacare that might get enough dem votes to get out of the senate.

Last edited:
What a wimp. Only 21 hours? Good riddance.

After 21 hours, Cruz ends Senate floor marathon - First Read

After more than 21 hours and no bathroom break, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz ended his talk-a-thon against Obamacare at high noon on Wednesday.

Yep, it was much adieu about nothing other that Grandstanding On the Potomac...........
With all due respect I have to call you on the grandstanding bullshit.

He promised his voters that he would do everything in his power to obliterate Obamacare and Cruz has tried everything he could.

As compared to the asshole RINO's who run making promises to conservatives to get elected and then become progressive as soon as they hit the beltway.

You can call it grandstanding if you wish.

I'm going to call it "living up to his campaign promises to his constituents". A rare thing indeed these days.

A public servant bowing to the will of his voters rather than a politician bowing to the will of his party.

Last edited:
But he is brave! Remember that comment.
I wonder if the brave tough guy ever was on the front line in a fire fight.

He made a promise to his voters and took a stand even as he was being berated by others in the Republican party.

In Washington that's called having balls. I wish more men and women both sides of the aisle would do the same.

Yep, it was much adieu about nothing other that Grandstanding On the Potomac...........

He promised his voters that he would do everything in his power to obliterate Obamacare and Cruz has tried everything he could.

As compared to the asshole RINO's who run making promises to conservatives to get elected and then become progressive as soon as they hit the beltway.

I'm going to call it "living up to his campaign promises to his constituents". A rare thing indeed these days.

A public servant bowing to the will of his voters rather than a politician bowing to the will of his party.
That's cool. What did he truly think was going to happen with his filibuster, gain overwhelming support, delay the inevitable vote, or what? what did his filibuster accomplish?
ETA: For the record, I am NOT in favor of Obamacare and it's mandatory provisions..........

Last edited:

That's cool. What did he truly think was going to happen with his filibuster, gain overwhelming support, delay the inevitable vote, or what? what did his filibuster accomplish?
ETA: For the record, I am NOT in favor of Obamacare and it's mandatory provisions..........

I believe that quite simply put, Cruz is a man of his word and loyal to his voters and his supporters elsewhere.

He was seriously under attack by Senate RINO's including of course our fave maverick for having the balls to buck the RINO system.

Hell's bells, RINO's actually sent Chris Wallace documents to hit Cruz with during his interview that was scheduled.

Yes, you read that right. RINO's trying to discredit Cruz.

Forum List

Back