'It's not fair': 'Genius' MAGA pastor wants voting rights repealed because Democrats win elections

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
A pro-Trump Mississippi pastor is calling for stripping the right of the people to elect their U.S. Senators by creating what he says would be an Electoral College for each state, so Republicans can start winning elections again.

In five out of the past 58 U.S. presidential elections the winner did not win the popular vote – that includes the past two Republican presidents, but won because of the Constitution’s Electoral College.

Pastor Shane Vaughn says he has had “a stroke of genius,” and wants the election of U.S. Senators to bypass U.S. citizens and be decided by an “Electoral College” in each state.

Vaughn used Republican Herschel Walker’s recent loss of the Georgia U.S. Senate runoff to make his case.

“The only way we ever have a Republican president is the Electoral College,” Vaughn said, as Right Wing Watch reports, and in the RWW video below. “We cannot defeat the population centers without the Electoral College.”

“The entire state [of Georgia] is conservatives, all rushing to the polls,” Vaughn continued, falsely.

“They came to the polls that day and blew the numbers out of the water. They were winning their state, they were turning their state in the right direction until they hit that blue area called Atlanta, Georgia,” he lamented. “Good try, all you great citizens of Georgia.”

“Your voice doesn’t matter because you don’t have the majority of the population,” he said, apparently tossing the bedrock of democracy: one person, one vote.

“So therefore, you really shouldn’t have even shown up to vote because we’re going to stop you in the population centers.”

“And I looked across that state, and I said, ‘You know what? Everyone in that state is a conservative except for those two blue dots.’ And that’s when it hit me like a stroke of genius: That’s what the Founding Fathers feared for the nation, but what they feared for the nation is happening in the states,” Vaughn announced, again, falsely.

Here is another right wing, MAGA Trump Humper.

Gotta love these good God fearin, real Americans.

A pro-Trump Mississippi pastor is calling for stripping the right of the people to elect their U.S. Senators by creating what he says would be an Electoral College for each state, so Republicans can start winning elections again.

In five out of the past 58 U.S. presidential elections the winner did not win the popular vote – that includes the past two Republican presidents, but won because of the Constitution’s Electoral College.

Pastor Shane Vaughn says he has had “a stroke of genius,” and wants the election of U.S. Senators to bypass U.S. citizens and be decided by an “Electoral College” in each state.

Vaughn used Republican Herschel Walker’s recent loss of the Georgia U.S. Senate runoff to make his case.

“The only way we ever have a Republican president is the Electoral College,” Vaughn said, as Right Wing Watch reports, and in the RWW video below. “We cannot defeat the population centers without the Electoral College.”

“The entire state [of Georgia] is conservatives, all rushing to the polls,” Vaughn continued, falsely.

“They came to the polls that day and blew the numbers out of the water. They were winning their state, they were turning their state in the right direction until they hit that blue area called Atlanta, Georgia,” he lamented. “Good try, all you great citizens of Georgia.”

“Your voice doesn’t matter because you don’t have the majority of the population,” he said, apparently tossing the bedrock of democracy: one person, one vote.

“So therefore, you really shouldn’t have even shown up to vote because we’re going to stop you in the population centers.”

“And I looked across that state, and I said, ‘You know what? Everyone in that state is a conservative except for those two blue dots.’ And that’s when it hit me like a stroke of genius: That’s what the Founding Fathers feared for the nation, but what they feared for the nation is happening in the states,” Vaughn announced, again, falsely.

This is surprising, how? Low hanging fruit, IMO. How do we fix this shit is what we should be concerned with. The rest is white noise.

Its worth giving these people tax breaks when they come out with these progressive and thoughtful policy ideas.

Poor Fella ... He has yet to realize that "fair" is nothing more than the first four letters of "fairytale" ... :auiqs.jpg:

He did have point though ... If the opposition to the ideology he opposes has any chance of surviving ... They are going to have to up their ground game.
My suggestion is that he look a bit closer to home ... Seize back the Power he is giving to others ... And deal with things in a more productive manner.

If he just wants to give up ... Or think the world is going to change for him ... Life isn't fair and never will be.
He can just roll over and die if he expects it to drop what he wants in his lap ... That's no way to govern and is closer to what his opposition is looking for.

It's a pitfall Modern Conservatives have failed to realize ...
A message of staying out of someone's business doesn't sell well ... If you keep insisting on telling other people what to do.

Poor Fella ... He has yet to realize that "fair" is nothing more than the first four letters of "fairytale" ... :auiqs.jpg:

He did have point though ... If the opposition to the ideology he opposes has any chance of surviving ... They are going to have to up their ground game.
My suggestion is that he look a bit closer to home ... Seize back the Power he is giving to others ... And deal with things in a more productive manner.

If he just wants to give up ... Or think the world is going to change for him ... Life isn't fair and never will be.
He can just roll over and die if he expects it to drop what he wants in his lap ... That's no way to govern and is closer to what his opposition is looking for.

It's a pitfall Modern Conservatives have failed to realize ...
A message of staying out of someone's business doesn't sell well ... If you keep insisting on telling other people what to do.

They could also develop policies that people like. Just sayin......

They could also develop policies that people like. Just sayin......

Are you suggesting they aren't people ... Or just saying you don't like their policies?
And for what ... You don't care what they think ... Until they agree with you for whatever reason.
You have little offer other than telling them to get in line.

A popular position ... Doesn't mean it is worth a damn ...
It will win elections though either way.

David Badash? Is that his real name? Where does the left find this crap?

Alternet

Brought to you here by the OP through a Microsoft Start jump-off ...
And another sign that you can always find someone with their head up their ass ...
It's about time people start looking at who is feeding it to them ... :thup:

Last edited:

Are you suggesting they aren't people ... Or just saying you don't like their policies?
And for what ... You don't care what they think ... Until they agree with you for whatever reason.
You have little offer other than telling them to get in line.

A popular position ... Doesn't mean it is worth a damn ...
It will win elections though either way.

I am not proposing to trash democracy because I cant win an election. In the civilised world parties put forward policies that people vote for. Or not.

That is how it works.

In America the only GOP policy seems to be Hunter Bidens laptop. And then riot when you dont win.

Its governance by toddlers.

I am not proposing to trash democracy because I cant win an election. In the civilised world parties put forward policies that people vote for. Or not.

That is how it works.

In America the only GOP policy seems to be Hunter Bidens laptop. And then riot when you dont win.

Its governance by toddlers.

What you think about Parties is fine and dandy ... What you think about Democracy is at play in our fine Republic.
You don't need to tell me how it works ... Because guess what ... It works the way it does.

And ... I am not going to disagree with you as far as the Parties in this country expecting little more than child's play from the People they represent.
Feel free to play along to your heart's desires ... Little Tommy Too Late ... :auiqs.jpg:

If the People want a Democratic Republic that works almost effortlessly at a unified and smooth operation ...
They should move and embrace the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea ... There is a lot less bickering going on there.
Personally ... I kind of like the one we have here a bit better ... And think it is a better representation of a Democratic Republic as well ... Junior.

Last edited:

What you think about Parties is fine and dandy ... What you think about Democracy is at play in our fine Republic.
You don't need to tell me how it works ... Because guess what ... It works the way it does.

And ... I am not going to disagree with you as far as the Parties in this country expecting little more than child's play from the People they represent.
Feel free to play along to your heart's desires ... Little Tommy Too Late ... :auiqs.jpg:

If the People want a Democratic Republic that works almost effortlessly at a unified and smooth operation ...
They should move and embrace the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea ... There is a lot less bickering going on there.
Personally ... I kind of like the one we have here a bit better ... And think it is a better representation of a Democratic Republic as well ... Junior.

Your "Republic" is founded on democratic principles. It is moronic to insist otherwise.
Only rightie nazis claim otherwise.

We failed by not having the electorial system for the state's counties.

Large minority cities rule the states

Your "Republic" is founded on democratic principles. It is moronic to insist otherwise.

Amen ... In a Democratic Republic everyone gets a vote ... In one that works properly the votes actually count for something.
If you think that means the Establishment can do whatever it wants if it gets enough votes ... Then you really don't understand our Constitution.

I don't expect it to be easy ... There are limits as to how far our Government can go ... And I am going to do whatever I can to see they Respect those limits.
And please ... Leave that Nazi crap out of anything you post to me ... I have no desire to further Empower the Government just for the sake of getting what I want.

If anything ... I want to diminish the Power the Federal Government has ...
And encourage the People to seize their Power back and take charge of their own States, communities and lives.
Stop playing the games the Establishment keeps setting the table with.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back