It's not all that bad- -

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Some in would have us believe that America is falling apart, not so.

I grew up in the 60's and 70's. Unemployment was twice what it is today, mortgage interest rates frequently exceeded 12%, inflation was over 10%, and there were far fewer business opportunities than we have now. This was the reality through both Republican and Democratic administrations.

It's not all that bad folks- -

we as a society are just a bunch of spoiled rotten children in the bodies of adults.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I ain't quite ready to go quite that far.
Rather, I'd suggest we have too many Chicken Littles amongst us.
Meaning, their sky is always falling.
Everywhere. All the time. Forever.

I grew up in the 60's and 70's. Unemployment was twice what it is today, mortgage interest rates frequently exceeded 12%, inflation was over 10%, and there were far fewer business opportunities than we have now. This was the reality through both Republican and Democratic administrations.

It's not the economy at all that marks the end of our Republic. IT's not great. But that's not the harbinger

It is not really bad at all, we as a society are just a bunch of spoiled rotten children in the bodies of adults.
especially the people in the riots of 2020....men who think they are girls..............everyone under 30 totally brainwashed to be losers, by public indoctrination kamps

I'm not so sure, but I hope you're right.

The US is in deep trouble. The $34T Debt is unaffordable.
That means that the DC clowns borrowed $100,000 for every American.
The interest on that Debt means that spending on other items must be reduced.
The future will not be as carefree as the past.

The US is in deep trouble. The $34T Debt is unaffordable.
That means that the DC clowns borrowed $100,000 for every American.
The interest on that Debt means that spending on other items must be reduced.
The future will not be as carefree as the past.
Until the tax rates and the tax code along with the top 5 US budget items are addressed, everything else is meaningless.
You're talking peanuts in the realm of spending cuts.

The worst development in my view is that taking umbrage has become the National Pastime. Everyone wants to be offended, or offended vicariously for someone else, and everyone wants to be, or pretend to be a "victim." The Oppressor vs Oppressed paradigm has taken over the political Left and drowned out any sense of rational thought.

Parenthetically, the high inflation rates mentioned in the OP were not a bad thing for those who were investors or were well employed. Didn't mind getting those 10-12% annual increases in pay. Those who were not in a position to get them got hammered.

Until the tax rates and the tax code along with the top 5 US budget items are addressed, everything else is meaningless.
You're talking peanuts in the realm of spending cuts.
These are the last 5 Budgets. Notice how they went fro $4.4T to $6.1T. Why not back to $4.4T???????
Interest on the Debt went up to about $800b, so that added $400b or so. Where do you cut?

2023 $6.1T - $4.4T = $1.7T deficit
2022 $6.3T - $4.9T = $1.4T deficit
2021 $6.8T - $4.0T = $2.8T deficit
2020 $6.5T - $3.4T = $3.1T deficit
2019 $4.4T - $3.4Y = $1.0T deficit

2021 Federal Budget
Outlays $4.88T
Receipts $3.86T
Deficit $1.02T

Discretionary Spending
Defense $753b
Non-defense $733b
Total $1.49T

Mandatory Spending
Social Security $1,115b
Medicare 746b
Medicaid 452b
Other 660b
Interest on Debt 379b
Total $3.39T

Tax the rich again for chrissake.... worst inequality and poverty ever

You had to go back 63 years to find a time worse than Joe Biden, got it.

Forum List

Back