It's Christmas tree time again

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
It's that time of the year again, time to go get the tree. There are several tree farms near here but the one we like is an hour's drive. You can cut them with the saws they furnish, or get one pre-cut. We usually just go the easy route and get one they cut.
2020 christmas tree1.jpg

2020 christmas tree2.jpg

2020 christmas tree3.jpg

2020 christmas tree4.jpg

2020 christmas tree5.jpg

Free hot chocolate or coffee.

2020 christmas tree6.jpg

2020 christmas tree7.jpg

The tree farm gives the tree a good shake to remove the loose needles, and binds then in twine.

2020 christmas tree8.jpg

The one we got is a 6' Balsam, and the price was only $39.00. They had other varieties in different price ranges, like the Frasier Fir trees that go for $55. We'll probably bring it in tomorrow morning and the wife will get to work decorating it.

2020 christmas tree9.jpg

It's that time of the year again, time to go get the tree. There are several tree farms near here but the one we like is an hour's drive. You can cut them with the saws they furnish, or get one pre-cut. We usually just go the easy route and get one they cut.
2020 christmas tree1.jpg

2020 christmas tree2.jpg

2020 christmas tree3.jpg

2020 christmas tree4.jpg

2020 christmas tree5.jpg

Free hot chocolate or coffee.

2020 christmas tree6.jpg

2020 christmas tree7.jpg

The tree farm gives the tree a good shake to remove the loose needles, and binds then in twine.

2020 christmas tree8.jpg

The one we got is a 6' Balsam, and the price was only $39.00. They had other varieties in different price ranges, like the Frasier Fir trees that go for $55. We'll probably bring it in tomorrow morning and the wife will get to work decorating it.

2020 christmas tree9.jpg
We used to do all that then we started going to a lot and two years ago we got an artifical. It's a good one and looks pretty real. The cheap ones look like crap and phoney but the more expensive ones look real even close up. Best thing is its pre-wired with lights. Two sets of LEDs one white the other multicolored.

HEY! That looks like Lake Forest Gardens, where I get MY FREAKIN' TREE!

There's one thing I perversely don't like about LFG. They have a little gift shop - unheated, believe it or not - and they always have several unique, locally made Christmas decorations and such, and my wife just can't resist adding to the mountain of Christmas stuff we already have.

Where I get my tree.
He even throws in some twine and ties it to my roof

1607217893968.jpeg

Last edited:
I got a 3 foot fake tree with lights.. We put that up last weekend. It's the first time in about 6 years that I have put one up. My son remarked that it was beautiful from a distance. I just take my glasses off.

Forum List

Back