It's Christmas in March! EXCLUSIVE: Dem Lobbyist Podesta Got $170K to End US Sanctions On Russia

Be still my heart! This stuff is awesome. Check it out.

"Democrat super-lobbyist Tony Podesta was paid $170,000 over a six-month period last year to represent Sberbank, Russia’s largest bank, seeking to end one of the Obama administration’s economic sanctions against that country, The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group has learned.

Podesta, founder and chairman of the Podesta Group, is listed as a key lobbyist on behalf of Sberbank, according to Senate lobbying disclosure forms. His firm received more than $24 million in fees in 2016, much of it coming from foreign governments, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics."

More at link:

EXCLUSIVE: Dem Super-Lobbyist Podesta Got $170K to End US Sanctions On Russian Bank#.
Isn't that what lobbyists do? Why is this "awesome?"

Ya...I'm trying to figure that out as well...he's a lobbyist...so...like...so what :dunno:

If he were an elected official, it would be another story entirely.

Oh but it was ok to investigate Jared Kushner's mother for Russian ties.

:lol:

The hypocrisy here is unreal.

Not really.

When the person being investigated is the sitting president, and you have extensive intertwined family business' - it should be pretty thorough.

When did the sanctions get lifted? They were instigated in 2014 and expanded to include Sherbank Russia subsidies in 2015. What was Russia paying a lobbyist for? Do the lobbyist get paid even if they fail to get what the client wants?

"Democrat super-lobbyist Tony Podesta was paid $170,000 over a six-month period last year to represent Sberbank, Russia’s largest bank, seeking to end one of the Obama administration’s economic sanctions against that country, The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group has learned.

Podesta, founder and chairman of the Podesta Group, is listed as a key lobbyist on behalf of Sberbank, according to Senate lobbying disclosure forms. His firm received more than $24 million in fees in 2016, much of it coming from foreign governments, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics."

More at link:

EXCLUSIVE: Dem Super-Lobbyist Podesta Got $170K to End US Sanctions On Russian Bank#.

The Daily Caller? Funny. I'll hold out for a more credible source that doesn't bombard Trumpbots with fake news.

Refute the source then.
They don't seem to think they have to. Apparently, it's enough to scream "Fake news", and ignore whatever was reported.

If the government is so damn worried about Russian connections that they forced Deutsche Bank to investigate not only Trump, but Ivanka, Jared Kushner and his mothers bank accounts then family members of the Clinton campaign are fair game.

Family members of the D campaign should now be investigated as well.

Why? Clinton lost. Podesta made no secret he was a lobbyist.
He can't lobby for a foreign entity anymore since DJT signed the EO.

When Trump releases his tax returns...
Dude, STOP.... The FBI already CLEARED Trump. Sessions has already been CLEARED. No Crime, no collusion. trump's tax returns has nothing to do with any of this and would not prove anything.

Do you think the FBI is so incompetent as to NOT have checked into bot htheir finances already?

Your obsession with Trump's taxes is pathetic....and WAY 'OLD'. If you continue with it I might simply have to put you on IGNORE because at this point mentioning his taxes only makes you look / proves you are insane.

More at link:

Ya...I'm trying to figure that out as well...he's a lobbyist...so...like...so what :dunno:

Conservative love to make shit up just so they can whine about something
You're full of shit and I didn't make that up, Spanky.

More at link:

Oh but it was ok to investigate Jared Kushner's mother for Russian ties.

:lol:

The hypocrisy here is unreal.

Not really.

When the person being investigated is the sitting president, and you have extensive intertwined family business' - it should be pretty thorough.

Mrs. Kushner has no business ties to the President whatsoever.

But let's really get ready to rumble here.

Considering a branch of the Russian government was using Podesta as a liason during the campaign, shouldn't someone be concerned about even the freaking optics?

No. Because they were certain Hillary was going to win and they could ride out any scandal.

So the search has been all Trump and the Russians 24/7/365 over concerns for national security but no one gives a shit that Podesta worked for the Russians.

Doesn't pass the smell test.

He can't lobby for a foreign entity anymore since DJT signed the EO.
It doesn't matter what Podesta can or can't do 'anymore'. The fact is he broke the law by not registering as a 'Foreign Agent' and should be brought up on charges.

Obama admitted PUTIN was not a threat in 2012 in front of millions of people during the debates with Romney.

Why are so many people ignoring that?

So, when Obama made his smart assed quip, was he LYING or WRONG?

This was a thing...

5 years ago.

Dude, STOP.... The FBI already CLEARED Trump. Sessions has already been CLEARED. No Crime, no collusion. trump's tax returns has nothing to do with any of this and would not prove anything.

Do you think the FBI is so incompetent as to NOT have checked into bot htheir finances already?

Your obsession with Trump's taxes is pathetic....and WAY 'OLD'. If you continue with it I might simply have to put you on IGNORE because at this point mentioning his taxes only makes you look / proves you are insane.

You guys always used to make a big deal about tax returns...until Trump that is.

You guys always used to make a big deal about tax returns...until Trump that is.

"you guys" got left in the folds of Trumps ass long ago, they're RussianWingers.

I'm not 'you guys' - I could care less. I care more about historical information such as a Presidential candidate admittedly being tutored by a famous Communist like Frank Marshall Davis and being admittedly mentored by a racist, hate-spewing, anti-American pastor for over a decade, or being best buds with an un-repentant domestic terrorist who killed 1st Responders and then having all of his personal records sealed.

More at link:

Conservative love to make shit up just so they can whine about something

What shit did I make up?

More at link:

The Daily Caller? Funny. I'll hold out for a more credible source that doesn't bombard Trumpbots with fake news.

Refute the source then.
Your link says the lobby group collected 24 million in fees. Only $170,000 came from Russia. Also, it says Russia spent $700,000 on lobbying to lift the sanctions. Seems like the Podesta group only got a small amount of the fees compared to the overall expenditures Russia put into play. And nothing in the article indicates those funds accomplished anything.

More at link:

Refute the source then.
Your link says the lobby group collected 24 million in fees. Only $170,000 came from Russia. Also, it says Russia spent $700,000 on lobbying to lift the sanctions. Seems like the Podesta group only got a small amount of the fees compared to the overall expenditures Russia put into play. And nothing in the article indicates those funds accomplished anything.
Podesta lobbied against the US sanctions and failed to register as a 'Foreign Agent'...go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass 'go'. Do not collect your $170k!'

Forum List

Back