Millionaires the Big Winners From Repealing the ACA

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Remember this in November 2018

Republican plans to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) would provide large, lopsided tax cuts to households with annual incomes over $1 million, just-released data from the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center (TPC) show. TPC also finds ACA repeal would significantly raise taxes on about 7 million low- and moderate-income families due to the loss of their premium tax credits to buy health coverage through the marketplace.

TPC’s new estimates show that a repeal of the ACA tax provisions similar to the reconciliation measure that President Obama vetoed in January 2016 — which GOP leaders cite as the model for their forthcoming repeal bill — would be highly tilted to the most well-off people and do the following:

Households with incomes above $1 million would receive tax cuts averaging $57,570 apiece in 2025, or more than the total annual income of any family in the bottom two-fifths of the population (all of whom will have incomes below $52,300 in 2025), according to TPC.

Millionaires the Big Winners From Repealing the Affordable Care Act, New Data Show

Republican plans to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) would provide large, lopsided tax cuts to households with annual incomes over $1 million, just-released data from the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center (TPC) show. TPC also finds ACA repeal would significantly raise taxes on about 7 million low- and moderate-income families due to the loss of their premium tax credits to buy health coverage through the marketplace.

TPC’s new estimates show that a repeal of the ACA tax provisions similar to the reconciliation measure that President Obama vetoed in January 2016 — which GOP leaders cite as the model for their forthcoming repeal bill — would be highly tilted to the most well-off people and do the following:

Households with incomes above $1 million would receive tax cuts averaging $57,570 apiece in 2025, or more than the total annual income of any family in the bottom two-fifths of the population (all of whom will have incomes below $52,300 in 2025), according to TPC.

Millionaires the Big Winners From Repealing the Affordable Care Act, New Data Show
Yes including all CEO's get tax breaks

• Banned
The same people that fuck the workers over and bring in cheap labor always win when it comes to the republican party. Having lots of money must make a person evil at heart....The old saying is true...

There IS an ironic "justice" in all this for those nitwits who actually "love" the orange clown and placed him in the oval office.

• Banned
........as I started my O/P......REMEMBER THIS IN NOVEMBER 2018 (especially, YOU, right wingers in red states.)

The same people that fuck the workers over and bring in cheap labor always win when it comes to the republican party. Having lots of money must make a person evil at heart....The old saying is true...

The same people that fuck the workers over and bring in cheap labor

Trump wants to deport cheap labor.

Yep, it's no surprise that Trump's billionaire swamp monsters would be the big beneficiaries.

Nah. The poor still got their credit. The middle class lost the $6,000 deductible that they had to pay before they got any care.

This Post has been brought to you by The Society For The Blind Butt Hurt Former Democrat Party.

We all know how the Dems hate jobs, and the people that create them.

It must MAKE you angry to see companies returning to America, repatriating their wealth, spending Billions on new factories and hiring hundreds of thousands of Americans for jobs.

I had a $4000 phucking deductible that Obama Bin Lying and his manskank whore saddled me with.

You think I give a phuck if my Employer gets a bit of a break and can then afford to offer me more reasonable health care that I am not AFRAID to USE because it cost too phucking much?

BTW, did you know Obama Wire Tapped your mom?

This Post has been brought to you by The Society For The Blind Butt Hurt Former Democrat Party.

We all know how the Dems hate jobs, and the people that create them.

It must MAKE you angry to see companies returning to America, repatriating their wealth, spending Billions on new factories and hiring hundreds of thousands of Americans for jobs.

I had a $4000 phucking deductible that Obama Bin Lying and his manskank whore saddled me with.

You think I give a phuck if my Employer gets a bit of a break and can then afford to offer me more reasonable health care that I am not AFRAID to USE because it cost too phucking much?

BTW, did you know Obama Wire Tapped your mom?

Who hasn't tapped his mum?

He doesn't know that. The DNC media that he consumes keeps him dumb.

Did you forget to mention all the millionaires who won big, because Obamacare was enacted?

From the article:

" TPC also finds ACA repeal would significantly raise taxes on about 7 million low- and moderate-income families due to the loss of their premium tax credits to buy health coverage through the marketplace."

Tax credits are considered income on what planet?

These are the authors:

Chye-Ching Huang is Deputy Director, Federal Tax Policy with the Center’s Federal Fiscal Policy Team, where she focuses on the fiscal and economic effects of federal tax policy. She rejoined the Center in July 2011 after working as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Auckland in New Zealand, where she taught graduate and undergraduate tax law and conducted research in tax law and policy. She first joined the Center in 2008 as a Fulbright Sir Wallace Rowling Memorial Fellow and was a Research Fellow on the Federal Fiscal Policy team from June 2008 to March 2009.

Chye-Ching previously worked on economic policy issues at the New Zealand Institute, and has also practiced as a tax solicitor. She holds an LL.M. from Columbia Law School, and a Bachelor of Commerce in Economics and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Auckland in New Zealand.

You can follow Chye-Ching on Twitter @dashching

Paul N. Van de Water is a Senior Fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, where he specializes in Medicare, Social Security, and health coverage issues. He is Director of Policy Futures.

Previously he was Vice President for Health Policy at the National Academy of Social Insurance. From 2001 to 2005 Van de Water served as Assistant Deputy Commissioner for Policy at the Social Security Administration, where he managed the agency’s policy analysis, research, and statistical activities. From 1999 to 2001, he was Associate Commissioner for Research, Evaluation, and Statistics at Social Security.

Van de Water worked for over 18 years at the Congressional Budget Office. From 1994 to 1999 he was Assistant Director for Budget Analysis. In that capacity he supervised the agency’s budget projections, analyses of the President’s budget, cost estimates of legislative proposals, and estimates of the cost of federal mandates on state and local governments. As Deputy Assistant Director for Budget Analysis from 1992 to 1994, he coordinated CBO’s analysis of the Clinton Administration’s health plan and other proposals to reform the financing and delivery of health care.

This sound unbiased:

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is an American think tank that analyzes the impact of federal and state government budget policies from a progressive perspective. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Center's stated mission is to "conduct research and analysis to help shape public debates over proposed budget and tax policies and to help ensure that policymakers consider the needs of low-income families and individuals in these debates."[2]

CBPP was founded in 1981 by Robert Greenstein, a former political appointee in the Jimmy Carter administration. Greenstein founded the organization, which is based in Washington, D.C., to provide an alternative perspective on the social policy initiatives of the Ronald Reagan administration.[3] - Wikipedia

And 47% of others. Grossing a million dollars isn't that unusual for a small business. Why is the hypocrite left so freaking angry at businesses who employ people? Isn't it a good thing if we all got tax breaks or would the radical left rather see the IRS used to punish political enemies like it did during the Hussein administration?

This is what I've been telling all of you for years. Republicans are pro-Me, the rich/wealthy.

Compared to corporate profit, American workers ARE cheap labor.

Compared to corporate profit, American workers ARE cheap labor.

Why don't you tell us the amount of corporate profits and the amount of wages?

Then we can compare the amounts to better examine your claim.

WOW....
So now these "millionaires" will be able to do one or all of these things with their NEW fOUND RICHES!!!
A) Spend it! hmmm... what does "spend it" mean? Oh buy new yachts... (Well I did programming for a yacht builder and they LOVE the new yachts they sold because
it gave guys like me security!) Same with these rotten no good millionaires and their spending on restaurants,etc. ! Damn glad they want to do that!
B) OK so they don't spend all their millions... what do they do?
1) hide it under their mattresses? Maybe some do.
2) bury in the backyard... yup I'm sure some dumb lucky heir is burying that money in the backyard.
3) Invest it! Yea buy more stocks. Bonds. ACCUMULATE more money!! yeah that's great!
C) So they invest... what happens to that "invested money" in CDs in the bank for example! Or better yet their BUYING STOCKS...oh that is SO bad!!
WAIT!!! How many dummies like Matthew have a pension/IRA,etc. and have investments. GEEZ millionaires with new money buy stocks and guess MATT!!!
YOUR f...king IrA goes up in Value!!! Your pension fund increases!
But dummies like you are so stupid!

You really think that these MILLIONAIRES are as dumb as you and go out a splurge their money? AND SO WHAT IF THEY DO? MAKES more GDP!
Dummies like you are so trained like monkeys to hate anyone that makes more money than you and you still don't get it!
What a waste you guys are!

America is a plutocracy...always will be for the rich. But flag makes a eat boot matt. No news to anyone.

Forum List

Back