" It's about time, there's finally a serious effort to change the name of John Wayne Airport in OC. the actor was famously racist & homophobic"

I would love to see something named after an actor who actually took a stand for something tho.....

Like this guy......a guy that the John Waynes of the day tried to destroy....

View attachment 356759
Who is that? You?
I don't expect you to know who Paul Robeson was....

How would I recognize a photograph of someone whose last movie was made during WWII? John Wayne did not destroy his career. He handled that all by himself with his Communist ideals and activism.

who doesnt like John Wayne? (except jerks and lesbians)
Oh, come on. He wasn't even a good actor. He played the same part over and over in different costumes and he was an asshole in real life.
Aka you have NEVER seen a John Wayne movie in your life. Tell us how was his parts in these 3 movies the same?
The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

1. John Wayne plays a Green Beret.
2. John Wayne plays an Irishman in "Taming of the Shrew' reboot. Arguably his best, as he has less dialogue.
3. John Wayne plays a cowboy.

#1 He was a Green Beret Colonel commanding troops in Vietnam.
#2 This movie was NOT what the Quiet Man. The correct movie modeled after The Taming of the Shrew was McLintock! He played a New Mexico cattle baron.
#3 You obviously have not seen this movie. He plays a ranch owner that has to use boys to drive his cattle to market during a gold rush.

Pot-A-Toe, Pot-Ah-toe. Disagree with your assessment of #2.

The John Wayne airport is not named because of movies or acting ability. The airport has his name because of his philanthropy in Orange County. It is still home to the John Wayne Cancer Foundation run by his son Ethan who still lives in Orange County.

Oh, come on. He wasn't even a good actor. He played the same part over and over in different costumes and he was an asshole in real life.
Aka you have NEVER seen a John Wayne movie in your life. Tell us how was his parts in these 3 movies the same?
The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

2. John Wayne plays an Irishman in "Taming of the Shrew' reboot. Arguably his best, as he has less dialogue.

#2 This movie was NOT what the Quiet Man. The correct movie modeled after The Taming of the Shrew was McLintock! He played a New Mexico cattle baron.
#3 You obviously have not seen this movie. He plays a ranch owner that has to use boys to drive his cattle to market during a gold rush.

You have the right to be wrong.

The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

Opinions are like assholes.

The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

Exactly! My opinion is that you have never seen any of these movies.

The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

few people understand politics and culture. but everyone has an opinion

The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

Yes, except that in this case you have shown no evidence that I am wrong.

The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

I've seen just about every movie Marion Morrison has made, because my father is a huge Marion Morrison fan. Rewatching his movies isn't going to magically make me think he is a good actor.

The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

I've seen just about every movie Marion Morrison has made, because my father is a huge Marion Morrison fan. Rewatching his movies isn't going to magically make me think he is a good actor.
So you have seen just about every movie he made, yet you cannot describe the storyline accurately? Yeah, right!

The Green Berets
Quiet Man
The Cowboys

Go ahead please.

So you have seen just about every movie he made, yet you cannot describe the storyline accurately? Yeah, right!

I certainly can, but don't really care enough to do so. Because terrible cinema is terrible cinema. Is it that important to you that I describe every nuance of movies I don't enjoy?

I would love to see something named after an actor who actually took a stand for something tho.....

View attachment 356759
Who is that? You?

How would I recognize a photograph of someone whose last movie was made during WWII? John Wayne did not destroy his career. He handled that all by himself with his Communist ideals and activism.
Wayne was a staunch anti communist and testified against communists in the McCarthy hearings.

View attachment 356759
Who is that? You?

Wayne was a staunch anti communist and testified against communists in the McCarthy hearings.
Yes. I knew that. Your point is?

View attachment 356759
Who is that? You?

He was never a communist activist.

View attachment 356759
Who is that? You?

He was never a communist activist.
Read his bio on wiki. You may learn something.

1593638179264.png

Would a "homophobe" dress up like a gay prostitute? I think not.

John Wayne had the absolute right to say what was in his mind, so be it.

Orange County people can rename the airport at their will because such is their right as well.

However, in this case, I am on Wayne's side. F*ck Orange County liberals. Lol.

i'm not in a forgiving mood toward anyone. i am worried about America. our heritage is being destroyed, my friends

Forum List

Back